• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27546993

Evra got a year deal

French left-back Patrice Evra has signed a one-year contract extension at Manchester United.
The defender's previous deal had been due to expire at the end of June.
Evra, 33, made 45 appearances for United in all competitions this year, as the Old Trafford club finished seventh in the league after a disappointing season under David Moyes.
The Scot's replacement, Louis van Gaal, is to take charge after coaching the Netherlands at the World Cup.
Signed by Sir Alex Ferguson from Monaco for £5.5m in 2006, Evra has won five Premier League titles, three League Cups and the Champions League during his time at Old Trafford.

Zabojnik

So the Wolverine movie from last year, is it any good? Does it tie in at all to the nex xman film?

Better than the awful first one, but still quite shit. I kept watching for the Japanese chick and kept throwing hamburgers at the screen. So thin. Like, Odd-thin.

If Evra's sticking around as back up, that delights me. Massive back room presence.

url.png

i figured an xbone game would look noticeably better than a 360 game, but they look identical

I don't think sports games are ever likely to be particularly representative of what platforms can do. I can't find a comparison of XB1/360 to see but I think the differences are there.

Still not sure why EA bothered to add in cars driving around stadiums though

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fifa is for clubs mode :3

Everyone should try it, its the best gaming mode ever created with a good team and gaf has teams for pretty much all versions!

Linius

Londoners, quick question. How much money do I need to add to an Oyster card for extensive traveling on the subway for four days (mostly off peak)? I'll be going up to zone 4 (back and forth of course) twice. The rest of the time I'll be staying within the zones with tourist hotspots (mostly 1 and 2 I believe).

Wilbur

Banned
Londoners, quick question. How much money do I need to add to an Oyster card for extensive traveling on the subway for four days (mostly off peak)? I'll be going up to zone 4 (back and forth of course) twice. The rest of the time I'll be staying within the zones with tourist hotspots (mostly 1 and 2 I believe).

I think a day travel card on your oyster is around 9 quid? It caps at a certain point. I'd put a tenner on a day just to be safe.

Stubo

Cole, Lampard and Lescott are free agents...rebuild problem solved.

I would probably take one of the above for a year.

Scum

Any noticeable players released? Get me a starting XI, Wilbur, since you're hiding on the toilet browsing 'GAF,

i figured an xbone game would look noticeably better than a 360 game, but they look identical

EA, mate. EA. They can make a top end PC version look bad.

Clegg

Mark Ogden has just been on MUTV. Says personal terms for Kroos had been agreed when Moyes was manager but van Gaal doesn't want him. Also says Shaw will be a United player.

Mark Ogden has just been on MUTV. Says personal terms for Kroos had been agreed when Moyes was manager but van Gaal doesn't want him. Also says Shaw will be a United player.

Just so odd.

Kroos seems ideal for what I expected Gahl would want in a CM.

I guess there's some comfort that he wasn't just flirting for a contract upgrade.

wedward

TANCCCCCCCCCCCC

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 2h
#Fabregas -1 As said two weeks ago, Fabregas people already had few contacts with Manchester United, whom wasn't turned down by Fabregas

#Fabregas -2 while last year Mufc was immediately rejected.Fabregas has accepted the idea to leave Barcelona.But,still absolutely no bid has

#Fabregas -3 been made by Mufc:cause usually the bid is only the last step,made when clubs are sure that player won't reject.And actually

#Fabregas -4 Cesc has made aware Mufc that,in spite of not turning down them,still - in case of moving - his priority will be Arsenal. But

#Fabregas -5 the problem is that so far Arsenal haven't made any tiny step,nor with player nor with club,absolutely nothing.So the situation

#Fabregas -End is in stand-by.Fabregas waiting for Arsenal;Mufc waiting for Fabregas;Barcelona waiting for evaluating a proper bid

I think Wenger is waiting to be turned down by some world class strikers before committing that kind of money to a player he doesn't really need.

Bless you based Paris. Bless you.

David, thanks for the memories.....

idliGUk7uMvWt.png

You will not be missed.....

ibuCprDbO1q1oO.gif

Out: Luiz, Torres, Ramires, Lampard, Eto'o, Ba, Cech, Schwarzer, Bertrand, Moses, Marin, Kakuta

In: Lukaku, Zouma, Omeruo, Van Ginkel, Piazon, Chalobah, Courtois, Shaw, Costa

That's three on my list out. Disappointed to actually see Lampard go, but the time is right. He's clearly not the same player he was even 18 months ago. He should take the money and go stateside.
Why ditch Schwarzer before Hilario?

Tc91

Calma about McCarthy, it's only May that story will be dead in a few days and we'll all be aboard the hype train for the next target.

Gonna be a long summer.

That didn't take long did it looool

Sky Sports have removed a report that Republic of Ireland international James McCarthy is a top name on Louis van Gaal's wish-list at Old Trafford.

The story quoting 'Sky sources' said Manchester United were lining up a bid for the Glasgow-born Everton midfielder.

McCarthy joined Everton on deadline day last summer for a fee believed to be in the region of £16m but it will take a bid of around £20m to tempt the Toffees to sell.

Everton are keen to open talks with the 23-year-old over a new deal.

The fact that the story has been removed from their site suggests that there was little substance to it.

Who's next for the muppet train?

L1NETT

Kroos agreed to come with Moyes in charge?

Huh.

Mata did I guess, but maybe the pull of that club is greater than the manager.

Odd (if true of course)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
X-MEN was a real blast. Dunno what the fuck people want more than this. Good premise and awesome action.

JLow ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom