• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Nokia UK ‏@nokia_uk 3m

Thanks, #Apple ;) pic.twitter.com/x4w3r8Ghcy

BT0XKN1CUAArIgd.png:large

Think Shinji will go back to Dortmund? Are there any other clubs that are interested? Seems pretty clear to me that he has no future with United.

I'm not sure if Shinji wants to go back to us, as much as I'd love it. Would he admit he's not good enough for a really big club/the PL? Because that's what it would most likely look like in Japan. I guess he'd try his luck at another club first, especially with Micky in Dortmund.

D_prOdigy

Man Utd's Shinji Kagawa: "Please ask David Moyes why I'm not in the side". Frustrated by not playing. "I'm sure my chance will come".

@CesarePolenghi 2h
Looking at Kagawa's interview transcript from tonight, he doesn't even mention Moyes. Looks like somebody wanted a catch phrase...

He will be another Sahin. Won't adapt well with the way Dortmund have progressed on without him. I know Sahin has lost most of his talent due to injuries and fitness, but Dortmund have come a long way. Micky is a way more versatile player than either of them.
Sahin has adapted rather well by now, he's near his old self. Obviously Micky's and Gündogan's injury helped him to get a starting spot but he's pretty good at the moment. The only difference I see is that our "new" players aren't used to his long passes and we mainly don't play counter-attacking football or rather most of our opponents sit rather deep in defense. I've seen players from 2010 like Schmelzer or Kuba receiving 2010/11 like long passes from Sahin, while new players like Reus or Aubamyang didn't anticipate/expect those passes and didn't make the run.

Mastadon

Banned
Guys I've been intermittently fasting for a couple of weeks and its been great, but today I had a bit of a breakdown and I've probably consumed around 4000 calories. I think I'm going to die.

Randdalf

Jesus, its hard work in Dota 2 to take down a single tower against one AI opponent. I can see why matches take about an hour :p

I'd reckon matches usually take about 30-50 mins, it's not actually that common to go to an hour. A lot of the time they last longer because the winning team noodles around farming and taking down more towers/barracks than necessary to win.

Batigol

Banned
Milner playing means England playing for a draw then. He provides nothing to the attack. But I guess he's good defensively

Bale won't play so I don't why he's on the bench :lol

Meier

It's a shame that both Silva and Mata are bench warmers on the national team : /
Silva was a pretty consistent starter for quite a few years but since his form "dropped" a bit last season he has been platooning lately. I think he'll get his place back.

The transcript doesn't include David Moyes. It does include a reference to Gollum though.

He just said what any player would have said in that situation. "You'll have to ask the manager" in response to the question asked. The original quote made it seem like he was aggressive.

Arnie

Guys I've been intermittently fasting for a couple of weeks and its been great, but today I had a bit of a breakdown and I've probably consumed around 4000 calories. I think I'm going to die.
I had breakfast at 9am and then couldn't get lunch until 3pm, and at about 2:30pm I was so grumpy, and slightly dizzy, and headachy. My belly was just eating itself. I'm sure it did me a bit of good but by 3 I just needed to go and eat something because I was no longer a functioning human being.

Tc91

Should I bother with Danny Boyle's Trance? I've been avoiding it, mostly because I don't care for the whatshisface lead actor.

Watched it at my dads and it was so boring it sent him to sleep and I ended up skipping the entire film to the end.

Really shite film.

Hummels on the bench again.

Löw is a fucking shit coach. Instead of resting Mertesacker or Boateng and giving Hummels a confidence boost, he rather continues to shit on Hummels. Fuck Löw, hope he wins the World Cup, so he finally fucks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom