• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

faridmon

Listening to Miike Snow's Happy to you for the first in long time and god that was just a disappointing album since the first one was so fucking amazing.

Second album curse strikes again.

Messi

Looks so fake.

There are way too many fans in that Miami gif.

vqCOG.gif

Messi

Great deal on sports direct right now chelseas kits (Home, 3rd and Goalkeeper) are 20.39 euro or 16.99 pounds.

Scum

Is it true that Milan's yoot beat the first team a few weeks ago? Is it Pippo in charge of them??

I know, it's a miracle. I think he realized that Spaghetti will never play him more than 60 minutes so he no longer needs to conserve energy by floating around and never contributing defensively.
How's Dzagoev(?) getting on? Any luck with Capello picking him??

That second place chance was wasted big times, from both teams.

One of the worse matches I have ever experienced just because there was so much in stakes, and it couldn't come at easier time.

Fuck this world.
One of the Partner's at work, an Everton fan, was sickened by the whole affair. "Spurs are shit!" was the first thing he said to me when I saw him this evening.
"I can't believe I spent money for that shite. Well, at least that cunt Moyes isn't around anymore."
5YRcF.gif

How's Dzagoev(?) getting on? Any luck with Capello picking him??

Dzagoev came on at halftime in September against Israel and saved the game. Capello seemed impressed. Then Dzagoev got hurt and still hasn't come back. And CSKA have been terrible without him. Laughably bad.

faridmon

One of the Partner's at work, an Everton fan, was sickened by the whole affair. "Spurs are shit!" was the first thing he said to me when I saw him this evening.
"I can't believe I spent money for that shite. Well, at least that cunt Moyes isn't around anymore."
5YRcF.gif

Loooooooooooooooooooool

Damn, now Mexico will surely qualify for the World Cup :(

Mexico isn't using any of their European players.

I was reading the google thread and GAF is really sensitive over youtube comments. Just ignore them if you dislike them so much or grow thicker skin. Are they like this in real life?

Scum

Loooooooooooooooooooool
He's always said Moyes was holding Everton back. Not in terms of a higher position in the league, but that Everton can be much more and Moyes wasn't the man for that job.

Mexico isn't using any of their European players.

I was reading the google thread and GAF is really sensitive over youtube comments. Just ignore them if you dislike them so much or grow thicker skin. Are they like this in real life?
That's just it. I don't think most of them have a life outside of GAF. :lol

New Coach doesn't want to use them. I think he feels the mexican league based players will do better in Mexico City as they're used to the elevation. Also I heard he wants the core of the team to be Club America players as they have more chemistry.

Either that, or he thinks they're shit compared to the Mexican league based players.

faridmon

He's always said Moyes was holding Everton back. Not in terms of a higher position in the league, but that Everton can be much more and Moyes wasn't the man for that job.

Yes, he is quite right. You hang out with good people.

Fuck Moyes.

Sorry Moyes, I love you :(

Zabojnik

Gunna gets me a Panasonic VT65. The God of TVs.

I'm going to have to finally jump on board the plasma train before they die out. Figured this is the last chance I'll get before I go 4K, which plasmas won't be around for. TV seems top-fucking-notch.

Same here. 50" doesn't feel enough of an upgrade over my 40" Sony Bravia though, I'd like to go with 55". It fucking sucks that the 55" size is missing from the GT60 line and that the ST60 line has high input lag. Not sure what I'll get in the end, but it's going to be a Panasonic plasma, that's for sure.

Lightning

Banned
I hope Napoli can get their draw against Dortmund in the next game. We beat Marsielle and that will pretty much put Dortmund out.

Wilbur

Banned
Woman shot in head thread and rhino thread simultaneously pissing me off at 6 in the morning.

Fuck I hate earth

FootballFan

This is fantastic

Did you get to watch the game? Or was it like 7 in the morning?

I could only catch the first 20 minutes. Game was on at 8.45am

7 is good time btw, I wake up for 3 or 4am matches so 7 is great.

CL games were on at 6.45am few weeks ago but fookin daylight savings innit.

Lightning

Banned
The gaming side has been a fucking embarrassment lately, just reading some of those threads is becoming painful.
New consoles always do that to users. It will calm down but not for awhile though. Mods being ban happy doesn't help either.

I could only catch the first 20 minutes. Game was on at 8.45am

7 is good time btw, I wake up for 3 or 4am matches so 7 is great.

CL games were on at 6.45am few weeks ago but fookin daylight savings innit.
Pain in the ass. I had to arrive at work late to watch our game this morning.

Lightning

Banned
How does it feel to be at the top, Lightning?
Really really good because when we went down to Villa at the start of the season and we got drawn into this group of death everyone predicted our season was over before it started and that Dortmund would swat everyone out of their way. Now we sit a top the PL by 5 points and Dortmund are 1 draw away from the Europa League.

This group should also remove this bullshit that Dortmund are this great team ahead of everyone because they are not. Really hope they end up in the Europa!

Aaron Ramsey is amazing. I still remember everyone using that man as a scapegoat for our poor performances. Man has greatness written all over him.

Blablurn

Really really good because when we went down to Villa at the start of the season and we got drawn into this group of death everyone predicted our season was over before it started and that Dortmund would swat everyone out of their way. Now we sit a top the PL by 5 points and Dortmund are 1 draw away from the Europa League.

This group should also remove this bullshit that Dortmund are this great team ahead of everyone because they are not. Really hep they end up in the Europa!

I love the way you talk!

Zabojnik

I'm so pumped for Juve - Napoli already, even though I'm expecting it to fall short of expectations, since both teams played midweek and have been playing every three days for a while now. If only Vucinic and Lichtsteiner would recover in time, but they likely won't ... :( Llion, pensaci tuuu!

nandossmall.png

This group should also remove this bullshit that Dortmund are this great team ahead of everyone because they are not. Really hep they end up in the Europa!

I don't think Dortmund are dead yet, not by a long shot. Ramsey's goal rattled them, but up until then they were playing better than you guys. I'm pretty sure they'll beat Napoli at home. My prediction is it'll all come down to Napoli - Arsenal. Should be a game for the ages, that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Liverpool GAF dilemma:

United or Arsenal?

We were in a similar situation two seasons ago with Milan-Inter, and with two games to go.

Lightning

Banned
I don't think Dortmund are dead yet, not by a long shot. Ramsey's goal rattled them, but up until then they were playing better than you guys. I'm pretty sure they'll beat Napoli at home. My prediction is it'll all come down to Napoli - Arsenal. Should be a game for the ages, that.
Barring a massive fuck up from Arsenal Napoli cannot qualify over us at Naples.

If we beat Marsielle we will go to 12 points with a minimum goal difference of +4 while Napoli will have a minimum goal difference of 0 should they lose by a single goal. Napoli are not going to be able to beat Arsenal by 3 or 4 goals even in Naples.

We beat Marsielle and we're pretty much through.

bjaelke

Liverpool GAF dilemma:

United or Arsenal?

We were in a similar situation two seasons ago with Milan-Inter, and with two games to go.

I just want Bendtner to score a 93 minute winner from an offside position so I'll be able to enjoy the aftermath.

I'd prefer a draw so we can keep out "best week" in football trophy from 09

Top Bottom