• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Sloane

Banned
I'm afraid Dortmund will win the last two games :( Naples at Dortmund. I'm sure the Germans will go all out.
Even if we win both games, we might not make the next round. I don't really mind though, we are just not that strong this year and our chances at achieving something in the EL are obviously much bigger than in the CL.

Lightning

Banned
I'm afraid Dortmund will win the last two games :( Naples at Dortmund. I'm sure the Germans will go all out.
There's no doubt but Rafa is an intelligent man. He will have done the math and realises that should Dortmund qualify Napoli are the likely ones to suffer. Their goal difference is by far the worst and they only play Arsenal and Dortmund.

One would expect Arsenal to beat Marsielle and if we do a loss practically eliminates Napoli.

GorillaJu

Liverpool GAF dilemma:

United or Arsenal?

We were in a similar situation two seasons ago with Milan-Inter, and with two games to go.

Definitely Arsenal. They've earned their position at the top this year, and play football in the most enjoyable way possible for me.

United are United. They can't help it, but they are.

United are United. They can't help it, but they are.

jf1tg9oE218RX.jpg

What if you guys make the Europa League and Barca manages to Dotrmund their way out of the CL group stage and then you guys meet in EL? Never thought about that, did you?
NO

This can't happen. It just can't. We faced Barcelona enough times ffs.
Is it true that Milan's yoot beat the first team a few weeks ago? Is it Pippo in charge of them??
Iirc yes, 2-1, but it was a friendly during the international break, a lot of our starting players weren't there. And yeah, Pippo is in charge and is doing a great job (3rd place in the Primavera Serie A three points behind Chievo and Atalanta, 2nd place in the Youth League three points behind Barcelona)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm so pumped for Juve - Napoli already, even though I'm expecting it to fall short of expectations, since both teams played midweek and have been playing every three days for a while now. If only Vucinic and Lichtsteiner would recover in time, but they likely won't ... :( Llion, pensaci tuuu!

27 points.

Walshy

Liverpool GAF dilemma:

United or Arsenal?

We were in a similar situation two seasons ago with Milan-Inter, and with two games to go.
Arsenal. Besides the whole Suarez thing they are my least disliked team out of the top seven.

They've played some great football this year and are ahead of everyone so far this season.

pappe

Napoli have a better chance at qualifying imo.

I think Arsenal will easily beat Marsielle and then Arsene will put out a relatively weak team to give his players a rest against Napoli. Which will help Napoli.

Kenka

If Dortmund win their last two games, they will be through because they won the direct comparison with the Arse. But it won't be easy to win at home against Naples.

In the extreme case, we will have three teams at 12 points, Arsenal probably ending last of the bunch.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tuttosport: [4-3-2-1] Buffon,Caceres,Barzagli,Chiellini, Asa, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio, Tevez, Llorente

Back four against Napoli's 4-2-3-1? Conte is BACK!
Stick your Juve scarf up your ass, I called that on first page of the last OT. Fuck titles.

why wooden

his madrid shirt is larger in size

Tomorrow we get a look at Benfica's, Zenith's
and Juve's
near future.

Jokes on you, we're BOTTOM of our group.

;_;

Salazar

Brendan Rodgers definitely dresses like a prick, too.

Stephen Ireland would probably snigger at that outfit if you laid it out in front of him.

bjaelke

One incident, however, that was not included in the English, Swedish, Italian, Finnish and Danish versions – but did make it into the Norwegian one – was the night when he was found naked on the sofa with a married woman.

Norwegian readers are told about a night out with a former IFK Gothenburg player, Glenn Schiller, which ended, for [Sven-Goran] Eriksson, in an apartment with one of Schiller's female friends. Well, it did not quite end there, as it turned out.

"We soon found ourselves naked on the sofa," Eriksson explains in the Norwegian version. "She had not said anything about being married but suddenly the door opened and there was a big man: 'Who the hell are you?' he said. I said: 'I think it is probably best if I leave,' and he replied: 'I think it probably is.'"

Eriksson was forced to leave the flat without jacket, wallet, mobile phone or shoes. Luckily, he found a pair of basketball shoes, size 46, in the stairwell. "I normally, like Maradona, wear shoes the size of 39 but what choice did I have? I had to borrow them," Eriksson writes. "What would have happened if a photographer had seen me, walking around in just a shirt with basketball shoes seven sizes too big? That would probably have created a few headlines."

As it happened, Eriksson did not bump into any photographers. He did, however, turn up at the wrong hotel, where he was let in by the hotel staff as they recognised him. "I later met Glenn [Schiller] again," he said. "He knew the woman and made sure I got my jacket and wallet back. I think he returned the basketball shoes as well."
Sven Bender

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So the FA have finally changed their rules for retrospective action on violent conduct:

The new rules will now cover:

:: acts of violent conduct that occur secondarily to a challenge for the ball.

:: off-the-ball incidents where one or more match official did see the players coming together, but the match officials' view was such that none of them had the opportunity to make a decision on an act of misconduct that took place within that coming together.

Hitcher, sucks Liverpool not enjoying the CL nights, eh?

You single-handedly make me dislike Arsenal, and that's saying something given how much respect I have for the way your club conducts itself and the amount of people I like who also support you. Genuinely hope Man Utd give you a good battering, at least their fans on here know how to win with a bit of grace.

Bollocks to all this 'Arsenal play the best football, Man Utd are Man Utd' nonsense. Whatever keeps us closest to the top is the best result for us. A draw is ideal in those terms, but a Man Utd win is okay. Irrelevant if we fail to beat Fulham though.

Fry

You single-handedly make me dislike Arsenal, and that's saying something given how much respect I have for the way your club conducts itself and the amount of people I like who also support you. Genuinely hope Man Utd give you a good battering, at least their fans on here know how to win with a bit of grace.

iSW74wd1sqsaW.gif

Suen

I kept updating the old thread occasionally throughout an hour on my phone, wondering why everyone was quiet until I checked the post above mine and realized we had a new thread yesterday (had this thread open on my phone web browser) :(

Wilbur

Banned

Bollocks to all this 'Arsenal play the best football, Man Utd are Man Utd' nonsense. Whatever keeps us closest to the top is the best result for us. A draw is ideal in those terms, but a Man Utd win is okay. Irrelevant if we fail to beat Fulham though.

You have no idea how hard I'd try to give you a really superb blowjob right now

I kept updating the old thread occasionally throughout an hour on my phone, wondering why everyone was quiet until I checked the post above mine and realized we had a new thread yesterday (had this thread open on my phone web browser) :(
You fucking turkey

Salazar

pPDMc6Q.gif

pulga

Banned
Andoni Zubizarreta, Barcelona's sporting director, had this to say about Cristiano yesterday:

"Messi is the best of the world but, for me, Tello is even better than Cristiano, any FC Barcelona player is better for me."

Clown. Embarrassment of a club, from top to bottom.

Andoni Zubizarreta, Barcelona's sporting director, had this to say about Cristiano yesterday:

"Messi is the best of the world but, for me, Tello is even better than Cristiano, any FC Barcelona player is better for me."

Even through the numerous stages that quote has gone through to reach me, I can smell the lemon juice :p

Fry

iU0eaAcQ4ACBY.gif

pulga

Banned
Maybe it's time to stop shitting on Benz so much

"Benzema is the striker with the most assists to his name in Europe this season, with seven. Coincidentally, in second place comes Gonzalo Higuaín. The Frenchman's former competitor for the centre-forward position at Real is behind him on the list of assists - with 4 - and also in the goalscoring chart - with seven goals by Benzema and six by the Argentine (two penalties).

They are followed by other elite strikers such as Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic and Spaniard Negredo, with three assists for their teammates – less than half the Frenchman's total."

Wilbur

Banned
I will pay eleven pounds for FC Barcelona to cease to exist
I will start a petition
I will kidnap pinto
Valdes
Al Quaida
Who is with me

Top Bottom