• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

faridmon

I do wonder why Neville have to play in this game. This game would be useful to test Barkely out since he did play in the championship and this game seems to be his tempo. Maybe Moyes is trying to plug all attacks with him. He is still shite, but Moyes is insecure like that. I wonder why don't we have another Defensive Midfielder.

Bo-Locks

These jokers think they can take on everyone outside of England, except for madrid and barca. :lol

Not really. But La Liga is shit.

Bundesliga is way better than la Liga in terms of depth and is miles ahead of both the PL and La Liga in how it treats its fans and actually run the clubs. I hope and expect it to get better and challenge the PL as the number 1 ranked league in the next few years.

Porto just traded Miguel Lopes for Izmailov from Sporting. Things must be really fucking terrible over there hahaha.

Also, James is injured again, will most likely miss one of the 2 biggest matches of this season :(

Garjon

He's not actually all that good defensively.

I wouldn't go that far but he is constantly being caught out of position; that's not the first time Distin had to cover for him because he was miles up the pitch. If Cheltenham could finish for fuck they'd be punishing them here.

faridmon

Not really. But La Liga is shit.

Bundesliga is way better than la Liga in terms of depth and is miles ahead of both the PL and La Liga in how it treats its fans and actually run the clubs. I hope and expect it to get better and challenge the PL as the number 1 ranked league in the next few years.

Didn't most of those Spanish teams reach the kock out stages last season and the quarter finals had 3 Spanish teams out of 4?

That alone tells me that there is more to that League than Real Madrid and Barca.

Well, it seems that Izmailov and Miguel Lopes are really exchanging clubs this week. I can see the little Russian cunt getting a miracle cure to his injuries when he arrives to Porto. Still don´t get why we want Miguel Lopes, you would think we would try to get a striker instead of another right back.

Well, it seems that Izmailov and Miguel Lopes are really exchanging clubs this week. I can see the little Russian cunt getting a miracle cure to his injuries when he arrives to Porto. Still don´t get why we want Miguel Lopes, you would think we would try to get a striker instead of another right back.

He may be a cunt, but he's our cunt now. <3 U Sporting.

First Moutinho now Izmailov. Keep them coming.

Garjon

Same old Everton, always cheating. Never thought I'd hear that sung from the stands.

LOL that was a shocking miss, but that was also serious pedestrian defending too.

FootballFan

Well, Michu proves it.
Although I think, Germany might compete with them in the near future.

Nah Michu doesn't prove it. Couldn't be bothered replying to that United fan earlier about La Liga defending being on a complete new level of bad defending compared to EPL.

If you can't see by now that clearly all the leagues have been defending below-par then I don't know.

Cavani, Suarez, Messi, Michu, RVP, Falcao etc. are all scoring a goal a game for fun. These days 8 goals in a game is normal. It usually wasn't.

People like to say the defending is bad in La Liga as an excuse for Ronaldo/Messi dominance, but really those guys are just that good. There is a reason greats like Henry, Eto'o, Dinho, Raul, David Villa, you name em haven't scored as much as those 2.

Players like Silva, Mata, Cazorla(best spanish player in epl), Michu etc all do just as well in England as in Spain, if not better.

Doesn't mean La Liga is superior or worse, just means people assume what they like about the league and believe it's true.

Which is pretty stupid imo. Watching El Clasico twice a season doesn't give you full detail.

As for how well the league is actually run, then yeah, La Liga is behind, Budesliga would be the league setting the example.

Ryan Nelsen is the new head coach of Toronto FC.

Aww sucks to see him go. Legend for New Zealand football, hope he is successful at Toronto. He certainly has the leadership quality a coach needs.

Porto just traded Miguel Lopes for Izmailov from Sporting. Things must be really fucking terrible over there hahaha.
:(

I´m fine with letting him go. He´s one of the highest paid players of the squad and yet he barely is fit to play. The medical department said he was in perfect condition a couple of months ago and yet he refused to play while Pranjic had a fucking broken rib and wanted to play. I just don´t get why we went after Miguel Lopes, it doesn´t make any sense.

faridmon

Nah Michu doesn't prove it. Couldn't be bothered replying to that United fan earlier about La Liga defending being on a complete new level of bad defending compared to EPL.

If you can't see by now that clearly all the leagues have been defending below-par then I don't know.

Cavani, Suarez, Messi, Michu, RVP, Falcao etc. are all scoring a goal a game for fun. These days 8 goals in a game is normal. It usually wasn't.

People like to say the defending is bad in La Liga as an excuse for Ronaldo/Messi dominance, but really those guys are just that good. There is a reason greats like Henry, Eto'o, Dinho, Raul, David Villa, you name em haven't scored as much as those 2.

Players like Silva, Mata, Cazorla(best spanish player in epl), Michu etc all do just as well in England as in Spain, if not better.

Doesn't mean La Liga is superior or worse, just means people assume what they like about the league and believe it's true.

Which is pretty stupid imo. Watching El Clasico twice a season doesn't give you full detail.

As for how well the league is actually run, then yeah, La Liga is behind, Budesliga would be the league setting the example.

That is what I actually meant. I was just saying that Michu Proves that Spanish players are just as good in Europe like they are back in Spain.

ShogunX

I wouldn't go that far but he is constantly being caught out of position; that's not the first time Distin had to cover for him because he was miles up the pitch. If Cheltenham could finish for fuck they'd be punishing them here.

Well he's in that club of being a defender that is better attacking than he is defending.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Aww sucks to see him go. Legend for New Zealand football, hope he is successful at Toronto. He certainly has the leadership quality a coach needs.

It hasn't officially been announced but all the sources just now are saying it should be announced soon. Hopefully he can help the club succeed. Their front office has been terrible. They made a good decision in reverting season ticket prices to the prices they had during their first season. They have had so much roster turnover.

I´m fine with letting him go. He´s one of the highest paid players of the squad and yet he barely is fit to play. The medical department said he was in perfect condition a couple of months ago and yet he refused to play while Pranjic had a fucking broken rib and wanted to play. I just don´t get why we went after Miguel Lopes, it doesn´t make any sense.

Probably because we didn't wanna trade anyone else. But dont dish Miguel Lopes, he's quite good, and he's on the national team.

FootballFan

That is what I actually meant. I was just saying that Michu Proves that Spanish players are just as good in Europe like they are back in Spain.

I realised that after I posted and couldn't be bothered editing lol.

It just is really boring talk, Barca/Madrid don't even have the best defense in the league. Malaga does.

faridmon

I realised that after I posted and couldn't be bothered editing lol.

It just is really boring talk, Barca/Madrid don't even have the best defense in the league. Malaga does.

Comparing Leagues is just fruitless. Every League has its weakness and we will never know which league is better unless they unify the leagues across the continent.

3Sixty

Nothing worse than your bet going down on the first game of the day then watching all the other games results start pouring in.

Fady K

I don't. I like their rivalry, if you can call it that.

Their rivalry is quite powerful. It will live on for a while I believe.

BACHdTOCUAAPOF4.png:large

Top Bottom