• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
T0KqtwY.gif

Clegg

Fergie said we won't be selling him.

Why even mention the transfer request then? There might be something going on here.

K1LLER7

Even if he changes his mind again, this is still a player that has asked to leave twice now. Do Manchester United really want to keep someone like that?
Nope. Fergie said it. We need everyone backing the club/manager. If he doesn't want to be there, sell him before it effects the team next season. We do need to have a replacement in line though.

wouldn't pool want at least 35m pounds for him? i don't think barca will want to pay that much

If Suarez pushes for a move, we're fucked and could lose him for less than 30m. We're in no position to force a player to stay, either through having them languish in the reserves or offering them a ludicrous contract.

D_prOdigy

Nope. Fergie said it. We need everyone backing the club/manager. If he doesn't want to be there, sell him before it effects the team next season. We do need to have a replacement in line though.

Might be naive but I'm not so sure we need a replacement.

Kagawa's better in the number 10 role

RVP's better up top.

Hernandez also has a super goals-to-minutes ratio but played pretty rarely.

Need a central midfielder, sure.

RVP's better up top.

Has he really proved it at Man Utd?

Apparently Reina played exceptionally well today. Really want to keep him

kharma45

RVP's better up top.

Exactly, this is what I said earlier in the year. Rooney is no longer the best in either of those positions that he likes to play in.

Has he really proved it at Man Utd?

No, but he hasn't played there consistently for us.

Empty

i hope we have a good replacement lined up for rooney.

i really don't want moyes undermined from day 1 either from rooney still being around and cunting it up or the perception that star players don't want to play for him.

Feorax

If Suarez pushes for a move, we're fucked and could lose him for less than 30m. We're in no position to force a player to stay, either through having them languish in the reserves or offering them a ludicrous contract.

I really don't see Suarez pushing for a move this summer. If he wanted out for CL football, he should have (and could have) done it last summer, since it was so obvious we weren't going to achieve that this season.

I think if we make the right signings this summer, he will want to stick around.

jtb

Banned

The whole situation is kinda fucked up isn't it? Suarez bites an opponent, and that's basically going to help him move to a bigger club, probably a bigger contract too. And it won't even be the first time it's happened.

Players have way too much power these days.

FootballFan

Good point, Suarez could move to them then. Shit.

Gardiola and Vilanova are utter dogshite in terms of transfers

Pep made some bad transfers, but he made good ones too. Don't know if Busquets and Pedro count since he took them from Barca B. But Pique, Alves, Villa, Masch, Keita, etc

But yes the shit definitely outweigh the good lol. Chygrinskiy, Ibra, Hleb, Cesc, Caceres and more. Most those guys are great players who just didn't fit in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom