• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aganu

Army of cunts
Led by the cuntish Scot
Their cuntish ways
Led them to the top

Extra Fergie time
Mind controlled Webb
Plastic cunt fans
All over this thread

Fuck this old man
And fuck his cuntish boys
Watch your team get bent
By the man named Moyes

Remember next year,
When you finish 10th place,
The words of mighty Drogba
"It's a fuckin disgrace!!!"
WOW

simply amazing

K1LLER7

Might be naive but I'm not so sure we need a replacement.

Kagawa's better in the number 10 role

RVP's better up top.

Hernandez also has a super goals-to-minutes ratio but played pretty rarely.

Need a central midfielder, sure.
I mean in terms of getting a star player in. Bale would be perfect.

D_prOdigy

If we replace Rooney with another expensive, 'finished product' striker a la Lewandowski then we're just going to have another season of having a top-class striker not getting enough minutes.

And it's gonna be Hernandez again.

Tc91

You sure do care more about trying to wind up Arsenal supporters more than the trophy itself. Pitiful.

Good for him though.

What :lol ?

I've posted numerous pictures of today.

In fact I have never seen you post in this thread so you're on the wind up.

Edit: Oh you're a Arsenal fan, I can see why you're a bit wound up over that picture.

dc89

City haven't tweeted for 9 hours. Very odd considering they usually tweet 24 hours a day.

Hmm. I'm scared.

jbqRb5j6iIgBei.jpg

holy shit at Palermo Merda. and the pink coffin. and the dude with sunglasses with a cig on his lips looking like a boss. such stunning imagery.

Sane_Man

City haven't tweeted for 9 hours. Very odd considering they usually tweet 24 hours a day.

Hmm. I'm scared.

Do you not want him replaced? He always comes across as a good dude but he definitely seems to be holding you back now. Especially now the players appear to have turned on him.

Wes

venison crêpe
BBC: "Do you think Rooney will be here next season?"
Ferguson: "Not my decision now is it!" *chuckle*

dc89

Do you not want him replaced? He always comes across as a good dude but he definitely seems to be holding you back now. Especially now the players appear to have turned on him.

I think he should be given another year at least.

He's the guy that won us our first trophy and league in 40+ years. He deserves a chance.

He will be a City legend for that reason. The fans won't be happy if a change is made, but they'll support the club.

Blackhead

Redarse
No doubt, but the insane level of sentimentality is cringe-worthy. It's like a family member died or something (a comparison I'm sure a few United fans have already made).

He's been there since before many of them were born. While there's been many changes at Man Utd over the years Fergie was one constant. I can see why some would compare it to losing a family member.

scently

It's just Fergie's way of saying don't expect him to be sold on the cheap.

Yeah. Essentially; if you want him come and get him, but we won't sell him cheap. Also, I don't think we will be selling him to a PL club. Anyway, I appreciate all he has done for the club but as he wants to leave I wish him success wherever he goes to. I do hope we replace him with a really good player; preferably a no 10 like Isco will be nice, or better yet Bale although I don't think T'Ham will sell. Who do you guys feel would be a good replacement if Rooney leaves?

Judderman

drawer by drawer
What :lol ?

I've posted numerous pictures of today.

In fact I have never seen you post in this thread so you're on the wind up.

Edit: Oh you're a Arsenal fan, I can see why you're a bit wound up over that picture.

Cuts me deep. :(

Has he really proved it at Man Utd?

Apparently Reina played exceptionally well today. Really want to keep him

Rppmey's touch is really inconsistent. Shinji's better at linking up play. Some of the stuff Shinji did today, Rppmey doesn't do.

If we sell him we can improve other areas on the team. Perhaps getting an attacking midfielder that operates from the left wing, so Shinji can be behind the striker.

*cough* hames *cough*

jtb

Banned
Mancini is shit. City firing him is a good thing (for them, bad for everyone else), though Pellegrini hasn't really managed to take off at a top club yet (arguably he didn't really get a chance to at Madrid, but still) so this will be an interesting test for him.

Mastadon

Banned

Hmm. I'm scared.

Embrace it DC. I know Bobby M will have a special place in your heart for being the first to deliver silverware, but you won that title in spite of him, not because of him. He's holding you back.

#TixiPellegriniFuture.

kharma45

Yeah. Essentially; if you want him come and get him, but we won't sell him cheap. Also, I don't think we will be selling him to a PL club. Anyway, I appreciate all he has done for the club but as he wants to leave I wish him success wherever he goes to. I do hope we replace him with a really good player; preferably a no 10 like Isco will be nice, or better yet Bale although I don't think T'Ham will sell. Who do you guys feel would be a good replacement if Rooney leaves?

We don't need to replace him like for like, we've enough strength without him up top. I would rather see the money invested in our midfield to bring in someone to play alongside, and in the long term replace, Michael Carrick.

Tc91

Sir Alex Ferguson: "I decided to retire last Christmas. Things changed when my wife Cathy's sister died. She has lost her best friend, her sister. Also, I wanted to go out a winner.

"It was very difficult [to keep it under wraps]. There were times when we sometimes blurted it out to the family. We told our sons in March. My brother didn't even know until Tuesday.

"The most important achievement was winning the first league and the door opened after that. We just grew and grew and grew. We had some fantastic teams.

"I've got a lot of things to do. My son Jason's been organising things. I won't be sitting still."

:(

That Sky montage was great.

Cuts me deep. :(

<3333 You can have Shrek next season.

We should buy an AM more than an out and out striker IMO. Somebody who can play across that attacking line, is young and has potential star quality.

Somebody like James Rodrigudez.

Clegg

If Rooney leaves its hard to say who we'll bring in to replace him. I don't think another striker would be necessary as we already have RVP and Hernandez. Kagawa needs to be played as a number ten so I don't think we need someone to play there either.

Maybe we won't bring in a direct replacement and sign a winger or a CM instead. Or, like Viva said, someone who can play anywhere across the attacking line.

jtb

Banned
what truly amazes me is the fact that Van Persie has gone the whole season without injury. the Arsenal fitness team needs to be fired ASAP.

Milan XI: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Zapata, Mexes, Constant; Flamini, Ambrosini, Muntari; Boateng, El Shaarawy, Balotelli.

Roma XI: Lobont; Marquinhos, Burdisso, Castan; Dodò, Marquinho, Bradley, Perrotta; Lamela, Totti; Osvaldo

If we win this, we're in the Champions League. Otherwise we'll have to wait for next week and win vs Siena. I hope we get over with it today, it'd be much better for us.
Arsenal and Milan were ruining Rvp and Pato.
Pato didn't try to do anything about it during his last year with us, to be fair.

dc89

They know they can't tweet about other stuff right now or they'll look silly.

What's there to be scared of?

Embrace it DC. I know Bobby M will have a special place in your heart for being the first to deliver silverware, but you won that title in spite of him, not because of him. He's holding you back.

#TixiPellegriniFuture.

I'm glad you guys are a little more optimistic.

did you forget the twitter password? :p

Yeah. And I forgot the password to the rescue email account too.

dc89

GAF look into the eyes of Marwood, Txiki, Soriano and Khaldoon. Tell me what do you see as they commiserate Mancini:

null_zps49b596a1.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
GAF look into the eyes of Marwood, Txiki, Soriano and Khaldoon. Tell me what do you see as they commiserate Mancini:

null_zps49b596a1.jpg

"And people say we spend money unwisely. We'll be able to play our Ding Dong the Witch is Dead records again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom