• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

GorillaJu

At least we got to play the role of the great pretenders. I'd love to see Rodgers be more tactically creative as his in-game management can use some work.

I hope we get Coutinho back sooner rather than later.

His original date to be back is next Saturday, but the fact that we haven't heard he's back in training yet isn't a good sign.

Suen

ibxkfe8G8T679n.gif
That's so beautiful. Pure art.

Hixx

Fuck me that was shite.

1 shot on target from each team, Swansea had more of ball but were terrible with it.

Also I would love to be on that pitch just to give Chico a slap. Wants Roberge sending off when he clearly wasn't last man, then he fucking rugby tackles AJ and complains he gets a yellow!

SHarris78

Another boring 45 minutes at the Liberty Stadium over.

It's getting more and more frustrating watching them get into the final third only to have no friggin idea what to do next.

Oh, and get rid of Bony ffs.

Our ball retention hasn't been good enough. There hasn't been much to separate the two sides since that Giroud effort. Norwich on top during the last 5 minutes. We're struggling to win the ball back right now

bud

i'm still not entirely convinced by arsenal. it can look really beautiful and fluid and dominant, but then there are phases like this one where norwich have had the ball for about five minutes already and arsenal don't even look like they're in it anymore.

K1LLER7

Eh, the rebound was quite flukey yeah reminded me of some shit in Fifa. The play from RVP was good.

Average from what I've seen, not really been concentrating on it since it's been a bit dull. Look shaky in defence without Vidic.
Hmm. We need to get Vidic back in form.

Watched the goal and Dat Adnan pass :D

GorillaJu

United bros, how are we playing?

Just saw that the ball is spending

33% in front of United's goal
50% in the middle
17% in front of Southampton's goal

They're pressuring you and have created some chances that on a better day would have been goals. Wouldn't say that United are in control at all of this one, but Southampton look fragile when hit on the break.

anthonyOA

i'm still not entirely convinced by arsenal. it can look really beautiful and fluid and dominant, but then there are phases like this one where norwich have had the ball for about five minutes already and arsenal don't even look like they're in it anymore.

I'm not saying Arsenal are invulnerable. Far from it. But they're playing exceptional football at times. If they gain any kind of momentum then we're in trouble (non-Arsenal fans).

Barzul

Our ball retention hasn't been good enough. There hasn't been much to separate the two sides since that Giroud effort. Norwich on top during the last 5 minutes. We're struggling to win the ball back right now

We lost some stability with Flamini coming off. I think we'll be ok though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm not sure what was worse, the Cardiff keeper bouncing the ball or Eto'o's attempt at goal.

Hixx

Anyone else miss the massively over-sized shirts of the 90s? Al Jazeera are showing the game where McManaman scored for Real in European Cup final and I love the shirts
KuGsj.gif

Barzul

A lot of good teams have those moments. What is important is maintaining defensive stability at those moments, something Arsenal have struggled with in the past.

The midfield linking up beautifully to create several chances was the norm a few years ago. Now, we do it maybe a couple of times in between games.

But, I think we have the needed ingredients (players) to reproduce that sort of football. We just look disjointed at times, leading to giving the ball away to the opposition numerous times.

One thing you expect from the big teams is that they have patches in games where they dominate. Aside from the 1st half against Napoli, I honestly can't remember us dominating large periods in games against weaker opposition.

Then again, no PL team looks convincing this year. United, Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Arsenal all look vulnerable

Tc91

Hmm. We need to get Vidic back in form.

Watched the goal and Dat Adnan pass :D

Was a nice pass, Rooney had an effort off the bar but other than that we've been on the back foot.

--

1548:
GET INVOLVED - #bbcfootball

Nathan Hingley: Good first half. Manchester United need to turn the screw. Marouane Fellaini not so hot today.

Siddharth Verma: Even with all that hair, Fellaini has been absent in the game.

Andy Read: Fellaini's been a passenger all game!

Still think he's a bit of an average signing. Thought he'd bring a lot more physicality into our side but he just seems to slow down the play too often.

Suen

I like Madrid's game so far, everyone looks very sharp. Thank god benzema is out.
For a moment I thought I was the only one from Madrid-GAF watching the game :loooooool. We should have scored like two goals already. Morata has been doing lots up front. Hope he gets a goal soon, doing so much more in one half than what Benz does in five games. Defense is still not that good.....why :(

K1LLER7

Not that bad but I still think our current tactic isn't working that well with this set of players. 2 DMs but neither really helps the defense that much.
Still think we needed a more mobile midfielder alongside carrick. Herrera would've been a better buy.

Just saw that the ball is spending

33% in front of United's goal
50% in the middle
17% in front of Southampton's goal

They're pressuring you and have created some chances that on a better day would have been goals. Wouldn't say that United are in control at all of this one, but Southampton look fragile when hit on the break.
Thanks.

Expected them to have the majority of the possesion.Hope we can hold on to the lead.

Salazar

Anyone else miss the massively over-sized shirts of the 90s? Al Jazeera are showing the game where McManaman scored for Real in European Cup final and I love the shirts
KuGsj.gif

Yep. I thought that was just how football shirts were.

Fellaini has been dire.

For a moment I thought I was the only one from Madrid-GAF watching the game :loooooool. We should have scored like two goals already. Morata has been doing lots up front. Hope he gets a goal soon, doing so much more in one half than what Benz does in five games. Defense is still not that good.....why :(
True but the forwards are back tracking especially Di Maria. Varene is out on injury I believe.. We're bound to score 2-3 goals second half. Ronaldo hitting bar -_-

Just saw thread title wow :lol that hate.

Top Bottom