• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those rage cancelling their Ps5 pre-orders...

GymWolf

"Why does everybody hate [game that they should be hating because it sucks]?"
"Nobody hates [game they should be hating because it sucks], it's just [insert people with valid reasons to hate game that sucks]"

It's a form of reverse psychology marketing.
I don't think it applies here, because Sony has won the gen in a landslide regardless, but you never know with some devoted users these days.
tenor.gif

The Alien

Banned
Lol. Is this really a thing?

Even if I was pissed over some trivial thing, I'd still buy it in case I change my mind or sell it during the holiday crunch to someone who wants it.

I wonder if Xbox series X is getting any cancelled preo

Just look at some of the people saying it.

Some of the biggest playstation haters, they never even preordered in the first place because there post history shows how much they dislike Playstation...
I took it as all talk. It's to be expected I guess.

Bryank75

Banned
Yeah, I got recommended to Gaf because I wanted to interact with more technical individuals(unlike Reddit) regarding video games , but so far it’s a lot of man children crying about non existent issues. At first I thought was tongue-in-cheek, but then you look at some people’s history and it’s just sad.
There are some great people here for technical stuff but it will take a while to get to know 'who is who'.

There is a lot of FUD and rumors spread at the moment (on all forums), it's like whack-a-mole right now. People are just throwing stuff and seeing if it sticks. Once the systems launch and everything becomes clear.. there will be a lot less space for these things.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Yeah, I got recommended to Gaf because I wanted to interact with more technical individuals(unlike Reddit) regarding video games , but so far it’s a lot of man children crying about non existent issues. At first I thought was tongue-in-cheek, but then you look at some people’s history and it’s just sad.

The nonsense has ramped up thanks to the new gen wars. There's still good people here it's just the retards are having their way with the place lately making tons of shitty threads

Jigsaah

Gold Member
A few posters have been angrily saying that they’re definitely going to cancel the preorder for the Ps5 that they’ve definitely got, because Spider-Man looks different, or we haven’t seen the UI, or it’s ugly... or some other bullshit, and I thought I’d give them a place to post, so others can take their preorder.

None of them have done it though, so safe to assume they don’t actually have preorders, and are just whining like man babies looking for attention 👍
Different...as in better? I get the whole Peter Parker thing I guess..,but I wasn't exactly a fan of how he looks in the original. He looks more like Tom Holland now...but I really don't like Tom Holland either. Still not exactly a reason to cancel a pre-order though.

Unfortunately I didn't get one. I missed the show and didn't realize it was available for pre-order til it was too late. So I'll just look at getting one in 2021.

TacosNSalsa

I've been teetering on selling it to a friend when I get it . I jumped at it because I got an invite but not sure I want to keep it . The only game I'm getting it for at the moment is Demons souls. As great as that game looks I'm not sure of it's worth getting a system for and having to deal with the potential growing pains of an early adopter

Why are people over reacting so much? Is it the covid, social distancing and how 2020 has turned out overall made people so bitter and miserable? Cancelling a pre order of a console Y because Console X is getting more marketing coverage? People need to bathe in a tub of ice and chill.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Make note of the Ban Thread and Ban List every once in a while. It'll tell you who's who and who gets penalized for what.

Unbanned people get taken off the master list. But after you stick on this forum a while, you'll often see the same people banned.

FunkMiller

We‘ve got our fair share of man children (hence why I created this thread to either get some of them to put up or shut up - looks like it worked) but we also have some very good discussion, involving those who either don’t care about the console wars, or recognise that all companies are capable of good work, regardless of personal affinity. Check out the Next Gen thread.

We‘ve got our fair share of man children (hence why I created this thread to either get some of them to put up or shut up - looks like it worked) but we also have some very good discussion, involving those who either don’t care about the console wars, or recognise that all companies are capable of good work, regardless of personal affinity. Check out the Next Gen thread.
Will do!

Different...as in better? I get the whole Peter Parker thing I guess..,but I wasn't exactly a fan of how he looks in the original. He looks more like Tom Holland now...but I really don't like Tom Holland either. Still not exactly a reason to cancel a pre-order though.

Unfortunately I didn't get one. I missed the show and didn't realize it was available for pre-order til it was too late. So I'll just look at getting one in 2021.
It shouldn't really matter if you like Tom Holland though given it's literally not Tom Holland. Like, at all.

It shouldn't really matter if you like Tom Holland though given it's literally not Tom Holland. Like, at all.

I personally think that this came down to the actors digital rights. They probably only signed him for the main game and its dlc. Now they wanna do more games, plus maybe include this same actor as Spiderman in the avengers game, so he probably asked for more money. Sony probably said no, and got a new actor for cheaper. Guaranteed this is what happened.

Valonquar

I'm waffling on the pre-order, not because of this stuff, but because a single reboot of a PS3 game isn't enough for me to be hyped about + I might hold out for a non-garish white console revision.

Kumomeme

im suprise this troll thread not get locked yet. the other day other thread about xsx overheat is quickly get locked.

neogaf this past few days get more and more troll and console warring post from both sony and ms fanboys side. compare to other side this place has become console warrior battlefield that continuesly jab each other as 'subtle' as they can.

Last edited:
I personally think that this came down to the actors digital rights. They probably only signed him for the main game and its dlc. Now they wanna do more games, plus maybe include this same actor as Spiderman in the avengers game, so he probably asked for more money. Sony probably said no, and got a new actor for cheaper. Guaranteed this is what happened.
...or, you know, they did it for the reasons they said? Which makes sense?

sublimit

Banned
...instead of just raging in loads of threads, could you do something a bit more constructive, and post here where you have cancelled your pre-order, so that another Gaffer might be able to scoop it up?

Edit: none of the posters with totally real pre orders that they are absolutely cancelling have posted here 😔 What a shame!

I’m sure they’ll be posting soon... because if they lied about having preorders just to console war, that would make them incredibly sad and pathetic individuals... and I’m sure that can’t be the case!
443d78f6a76a4d12783c6f9937a1cc7d.gif

FrankWza

I’m still going with my opinion that people can’t really afford it so they have to justify canceling after they bragged about getting one preordered. Especially when they’re posting copies of their receipts online to show their “friends” or to get more views. So instead of paying for it for someone who might want it and being reimbursed, they’ll cancel. They probably don’t have the money to complete the transaction so theyd have to admit to the person and bring them to the store or have them give them the money so they can deposit it first to make sure the card doesn’t get declined when the preorders begin shipping.

Rolla

Banned
I‘ve read multiple posts from people here saying that they are definitely cancelling their pre-orders - which they definitely have - because they don’t like the way Sony is communicating information about the console in the run up to its release.

Just figured I’d give them all a chance to help out their fellow gaffers by letting someone else have their definitely real pre-order 👍

I saw this thread and read through the first page to see exactly what is going on because I have people here in Europe and North America who have asked me to be on the look out for available pre orders. And while I get that some people in certain threads have been rage cancelling their preorders for their own specific reasons. From my understanding, this is not en masse.

Athreous

I have 2 pre orders @ amazon US, both Digital and Physical versions of the console, but I might end up cancelling them, since it'll take too long to arrive in my country... so I might wait until december/january to buy one...

JimiNutz

Banned
I had considered cancelling mine but am hanging on in the hope that I enjoy Demon's Souls.
I figure I can always sell it all a month or so down the line if I don't enjoy any of the games and I probably won't lose out on much money (if any).

Top Bottom