• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those rage cancelling their Ps5 pre-orders...

Hostile_18

Banned
Nothing. Just fanboys from the other side desperately looking for something negative.

Now, they are demanding people cancel their preorders because they haven’t seen the home screen on PS5 and the hands-on gameplay of Astro's Playroom isn't exciting enough.

Misrepresenting the situation dosnt make you come of as neutral at all. First those reasons arnt the reasons some people are canceling, it's a variety of factors built up over months. Also who is demanding others cancel their orders?

Azurro

Banned
Misrepresenting the situation dosnt make you come of as neutral at all. First those reasons arnt the reasons some people are canceling, it's a variety of factors built up over months. Also who is demanding others cancel their orders?

Can you please detail those reasons? It seems silly that some people might be cancelling because they haven't seen the UI.

What is more likely is that I've seen a lot of Xbox fanboys polluting the forum because they believe their activities will somehow win the generation for them, or some silly "it's my time to neener neener to the PS fans now" type of thing. Which is incredibly silly and annoying and it's making the forum unbearable these last couple of weeks.

I have two disk PS5's I am likely going to cancel. I will wait for the official sony teardown but Sony is trying to push these $70 games and I am not going to bite. I have two choices, buy the console and just play BC games for 6 months from my backlog or just wait 6-9 months to purchase and play new releases on a delayed window ( if I decide to purchase again)

This Japan youtuber event looks like a joke... Doesn't look like anyone actually has the PS5, they are in a controlled room where the unit is already booted . It is a real joke.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I just cancelled mine. :messenger_sad_relieved:

To whoever responsible for this mess at Sony:

giphy.gif

Factors that are actually worth cancelling or just whining? Like just recently people were complaining about how Sony was hiding the back of the console. Well they finally showed it. So now what? Another thing I constantly read about is the stupid tear down. Like what difference does that make if you get to see PS5's guts? None of it is meant to a be a user serviceable area anyways so what difference does it make if you see it or not?

Elcid

Banned
I‘ve read multiple posts from people here saying that they are definitely cancelling their pre-orders - which they definitely have - because they don’t like the way Sony is communicating information about the console in the run up to its release.

Just figured I’d give them all a chance to help out their fellow gaffers by letting someone else have their definitely real pre-order 👍
They’re lying. No one with a PS5 preorder is canceling and if they are, ask for the receipts.

Are they really canceling PS5 pre-orders or did they just never have one in the first place? Seems quite a few just like posting negatively from both the Xbox and PlayStation side. The closer we get to both console releases the more ridiculous threads and posts get.

MrS

Banned
I can't imagine how smooth brained you'd have to be to cancel a preorder of a PS5 based on Astrobot footage. 99% of people who buy a PS5 are going to delete this game as soon as their consoles arrive.

The whole pre-ordered cancelled thing is BS. I've heard people say that for years. I'm sure a few really do it while others just say it because they get the attention they desperately desire.

sn0man

I’m not cancelling, but I have thought about flipping it on eBay for a good chunk of change. Not really happy with the launch line-up.
I'm definitely considering putting mine up for sale. Just not sure I want to spend $570 just to play Demon's Souls again. That and I can't get over how huge and ugly it is.
I have two disk PS5's I am likely going to cancel. I will wait for the official sony teardown but Sony is trying to push these $70 games and I am not going to bite. I have two choices, buy the console and just play BC games for 6 months from my backlog or just wait 6-9 months to purchase and play new releases on a delayed window ( if I decide to purchase again)

This Japan youtuber event looks like a joke... Doesn't look like anyone actually has the PS5, they are in a controlled room where the unit is already booted . It is a real joke.

I am getting interested so if you just want to let go of your preorder let me know. Thanks.

I'm not cancelling or flipping (please stop saying everyone wants Demon's fucking Souls though - if that was the last game ever to be released I still wouldn't play it, and if I did I'd wait for the PC or Series X versions rather than playing the weakest version of an ancient remake out the gate).

However, it's becoming clearer and clearer to anyone who didn't drink Sony's free love potion that came with the Official PlayStation Magazine one time that the Series X is the better option this launch period. Designed better than Sony's monstrosity, more power, larger SSD with storage expansion ready to go, hugely impressive BC (size of library and technically), Gamepass and the best performing place for third party titles?

It's really not even close any more, is it?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I'm not cancelling or flipping (please stop saying everyone wants Demon's fucking Souls though - if that was the last game ever to be released I still wouldn't play it, and if I did I'd wait for the PC or Series X versions rather than playing the weakest version of an ancient remake out the gate).

However, it's becoming clearer and clearer to anyone who didn't drink Sony's free love potion that came with the Official PlayStation Magazine one time that the Series X is the better option this launch period. Designed better than Sony's monstrosity, more power, larger SSD with storage expansion ready to go, hugely impressive BC (size of library and technically), Gamepass and the best performing place for third party titles?

It's really not even close any more, is it?

You're just parroting the same talking points used since the One X! The only difference being that if anything the gap will be closer given that PS5 is actually backwards compatible with the previous gen.

That situation remains that right now Playstation has a far better software library, and Xbox is still mainly marketing based on titles that are either years down the line or unannounced.

Spokker

That situation remains that right now Playstation has a far better software library
They have the better potential software library based on the quality of past games. But past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance. They could release low quality games in the future that don't live up to their past efforts.

To say otherwise would be like reviewing games before they are out and saying they are great. My biggest worry with each passing generation is that the games cost more and offer less.

Vawn

Banned
However, it's becoming clearer and clearer to anyone who didn't drink Sony's free love potion that came with the Official PlayStation Magazine one time that the Series X is the better option this launch period.

If you completely ignore games, sure.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
They have the better potential software library based on the quality of past games. But past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance. They could release low quality games in the future that don't live up to their past efforts.

To say otherwise would be like reviewing games before they are out and saying they are great. My biggest worry with each passing generation is that the games cost more and offer less.

Like I wrote, right now.

Noone can see the future, but I think if you stack up Ps4 and Xbox One software side-by-side, its obvious which one is the stronger library.

SCB3

Ive only juat cancelled my preorder after not being able to justify the £70 price per game, I'm going to upgrade my PC instead and reap the benefits of saving there.

I'll get a PS5 for exclusives in a nice bundle later on, same with Series X(I have a One X now that's is just fine imo)

Spokker

Why are people cancelling their preorders?

What have I missed?
Console game manufacturers use so-called conflict minerals from poor African countries that employ children and slave labor.

Ha, no, just kidding. It's because the reflections are not as good on Spiderman.

dorkimoe

I’m 100% serious when I ask why would people cancel? I have mine. Nothing could happen to make me change my mind about either console

Over on Ree I saw more than a few try to claim the Bethesda aquisition made them cancel their choice of a PS5 for next gen :messenger_grinning_smiling: I can't keep up.

reinking

Gold Member
I’m 100% serious when I ask why would people cancel? I have mine. Nothing could happen to make me change my mind about either console
I might have to cancel one or the other. I had some unexpected financial obligations come up that tightened my budget a bit more through the holidays. If I do have to cancel I will get it when they come back in stock at Amazon (trading in current consoles to pay for part of it). I am leaning toward canceling the Series X because I have a capable PC but if Sony does not start giving info (100% PSVR support? Adapter for PSVR? Actually showing features that have been discussed, etc.) I could easily see myself waiting on the PS5. Their silence is going to starts having an impact.

Top Bottom