• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes - wealthiest Hip-Hop artists of 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

KissVibes

Banned
You'd think Eminem would have more money than 50.

50 Cent makes a shit load of business deals. Vitamin Water, Lionsgate, SMS Audio, Right Guard, dude makes money.

He'd probably have a higher worth but a good portion of his money goes to HIV awareness + research and world hunger programs.

Em has his music and a radio station. That's pretty much it for him.

Rookje

Diddy didn't create Ciroc, he just got a promotion deal for them. Wonder what the deal was, must of been a % of all sales. Ciroc is actually pretty decent, but I don't really care for vodka at all.

Kusagari

birdman-o.gif

Birdman getting his shine on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
how is birdman so rich?
Its well known that he signs artists and doesn't pay them royalties. Suckas like Tyga have never seen a cheque from him. Birdman is the biggest scam artist in hip-hop. Hey preys on new and cold artist's hopes, dreams and ignorance.

tw1164

50 Cent makes a shit load of business deals. Vitamin Water, Lionsgate, SMS Audio, Right Guard, dude makes money.

Em has his music and a radio station. That's pretty much it for him.

He'd probably have a higher worth but a good portion of his money goes to HIV awareness + research and world hunger programs.

Don't forget Gunnar glasses, I bet that's where most of his money comes from.

Village

Its well known that he signs artists and doesn't pay them royalties. Suckas like Tyga have never seen a cheque from him. Birdman is the biggest scam artist in hip-hop. Hey preys on new and cold artist's hopes, dreams and ignorance.

How has this not gotten around, also how have people been not reading contracts

Esch

Banned
We all know these Forbes lists are based on estimates and shit... They're good for trolling but apart from that?
Damn, I didn't know Ciroc was flyin off the shelves like that...
Shit is clubrat water bruh. That shit prints money like the Nintendo DS.

Takuan

Fiddy struck gold with that vitamin water deal.

I'm actually surprised he didn't make more of his wealth. The Vitamin Water deal was worth $100mil+ when it happened, and at that point he also had his clothing line on top of other business pursuits.

But I'm more surprised that Puffy's worth more than Jay.

Furyous

A couple things:

Diddy invested in a football team and that ciroc deal netted him a few hundred million dollars.

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2014/04/16/forbes-hip-hop-wealthiest-2014/

50's vitamin water, film, and SMS Star Wars deals keep him on lists. He made $100 million off vitamin water, millions off film and headphone deals.

Baby and Slim are geniuses. In 1998, Cash Money signed a $30 million pressing and distribution with $3 million advance contract with Universal, entitling the label to 85% of its royalties, 50% of its publishing revenues and ownership of all masters. That was 1998. The only flop out the deal was Turk's album. Everything else moved units. THEY WON.

Is there a reason other genres do not receive this treatment? I want Country to have this scrutiny. What's Tim McGraw make? What about Toby Keith? This isn't slander because Country artists tour forever. They last forever.

Takuan

A couple things:

Diddy invested in a football team and that ciroc deal netted him a few hundred million dollars.

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2014/04/16/forbes-hip-hop-wealthiest-2014/

50's vitamin water, film, and SMS Star Wars deals keep him on lists. He made $100 million off vitamin water, millions off film and headphone deals.

Baby and Slim are geniuses. In 1998, Cash Money signed a $30 million pressing and distribution with $3 million advance contract with Universal, entitling the label to 85% of its royalties, 50% of its publishing revenues and ownership of all masters. That was 1998. The only flop out the deal was Turk's album. Everything else moved units. THEY WON.

Is there a reason other genres do not receive this treatment? I want Country to have this scrutiny. What's Tim McGraw make? What about Toby Keith? This isn't slander because Country artists tour forever. They last forever.

Garth Brooks baby

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yet Birdman can't pay Mannie Fresh some more even though he's pretty much responsible for his success. For shame.

I half expected to see Pusha T on there.
Just based on how he talks - Aventador this, Givenchy that, Louboutains this under sweats that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Diddy was the first guy I ever saw get called an Illuminati puppet back before everyone called every artist that.

I half expected to see Pusha T on there.
Just based on how he talks - Aventador this, Givenchy that, Louboutains this under sweats that.

These guys are in the hundreds of millions, my dude. You don't need that much -- relatively speaking -- for an Aventador and some designer clothes.

Madness

Not surprised at Diddy. Clothes, vodka, cologne, his artists/label. Am surprised at Fifty Cent, I'm guessing a lot came from his stake in Vitamin Water.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Do people actually believe these things? It's not like these guys wealth is public or even mainly held in stocks or something? It seems like for the hip hop forbes list, forbes just throws random numbers out there, like when they claimed Master P was worth $300 mil at one point.

Last year, they claimed Diddy was worth $580 Mil.http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackoma...forbes-five-hip-hops-wealthiest-artists-2013/ Now, he's $120 mil richer? Come on, now. Ciroc isn't doing that well. What's also suspicious is that in September, they claimed that Diddy made $50 mil for 2013 http://www.forbes.com/special-report/2013/hip-hop-cash-kings.html, so where' the other $70 mil coming from?

Do you also believe that Pusha moves "mountains of coke"?

Yeah he told me he moves snow like it's 3 below. He must hate living in Anchorage now. I always thought Virginia was perfect for him. Maybe he needed a change of scenery.
I am a huge Pusha T fan so don't test the hi-powa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom