• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

fuck paul ryan

i1hJnVw.png

Paul Ryan: "It leaked? But I thought we were a real family.."

Zolo

Sessions recused himself, so this is Rosenstein's call. Sessions can't touch it.

Yeah. That's what I was wondering. I imagine Trump or Sessions can fire Rosenstein though and get someone else to do it? Obviously, it'd look horrible, but if they're guilty.....

Everyone's favorite fired US attorney seems to vouch for him.

Preet Bharara @PreetBharara 20 minutes ago
Having known him for years, I believe special counsel Mueller is a very good thing. He is one of the best -- independent and no-nonsense.

Either way. Trump can go Nixon and make the special counsel go away if that's what he truly wants.

Of course, that might go about as badly as it did for Nixon.

He really can't. The special counsel law was past to avoid just that. Only the AG, and now assistant AG that Sessions recused himself, can fire a special counsel once named, and it has to be for cause. Trump would have to fire Rosenstein and get his replacement to do it.

it.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Office_of_Special_Counsel

Yeah. That's what I was wondering. I imagine Trump or Sessions can fire Rosenstein though and get someone else to do it? Obviously, it'd look horrible, but if they're guilty.....

Yes. But either way, if they do that, guilty or not, they'd be fucked.

DeadTrees

Rodgers: Yes! The propaganda...my big takeaway from that trip was just how sophisticated the propaganda...

Ryan: It’s very sophisticated.

Rodgers:...coming out of Russia and Putin.

Ryan: Very sophisticated.

Ryan: This is how we know we’re a real family here.

Scalise: That’s how you know that we’re tight.

[Laughter]

Ryan: What's said in the family stays in the family.

Fictional entertainment is now officially obsolete.

Trump could fire Rosenstein, or he could even fire Sessions and get completely around the recusal.

Again, not saying that would turn out too well for the President.

Top Bottom