• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Harry Potter fan-podcaster does not take rejection well

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't really followed this since Monday morning (I think) when she first tweeted it. How did it go from "actually I was trolling ha ha jokes on you" to "SJWs run amuck. Only Chuck Johnson understands me?"

NimbusD

Oof, creepy as hell. How does the guy not realize how horrible he's being?

Considering how offensively creep-o he was being, she handled this like a god damn saint.

Why do people say that? Nice people never act like this.

There's a bit of history online of guys talking about how nice guys never get girls & girls always go for jerks. (the implication being they're super nice guys despite being single)

This is made hilarious when their reaction to rejection often ranges from being mean to outright stalkerish/creepy & that they often initiate friendships with the sole purpose of pursuing a sexual relationship.

It kinda made "nice guy" codeword for "doesn't get why women hate him".

Why do people say that? Nice people never act like this.

Nice People =! "Nice Guy".

The "Nice Guy" is the guy that goes above and beyond for his best girl friend just so that she could be interested in sleeping with him/dating him. He's not REALLY nice, he's being nice for show.

Basically this movie:

large_n7gZuqiRSjgIkyqDIiLZ20qRgoi.jpg

Ke0

I have met some crazy Harry Potter fans, but there are also quite a number of women in their 20s - 30s who love to dress up for HP events. It's pretty awesome.

This is one of those situations where I'd like to think the guy is just trolling for attention. It's pretty fucked up just how detache from reality some people are. I feel kinda bad for him but at the same time guys like him make the world are much scarier place for a lot of women.

Symphonic

Holy shit at his Twitter. Bagging on reporters that are writing against him, constant jokes about Hitler and menstruation.

This guy has no self respect.

At first I was like ,,who?''. Then I was like ,,15 pages, wth?''. And then came the usual ,,omg why did I spent time reading this?''. Web 2.0 always gives a platform to the worst people, I can't even bear YT comments. You'd think on sites with real profiles there'd be less of this shit...

MogCakes

A year ago I'd have been willing to give his point of view ("why didn't you just tell me you weren't interested") a small measure of lenience in the name of moving on, but GamerGate revealed the disgusting bubble fantasy this mindset perpetuates and proved me naive for giving any benefit of the doubt to people like this guy.

EDIT: and in his case, she was completely clear about being off the market.

Faiz

I'm not sure what is weirder: that the actual exchange happened or that a badly failed pickup between two extremely minor net celebs ends up as such public drama with an article summarizing it on NYmag and 15 pages over night in discussion.

Siegcram

I'm not sure what is weirder: that the actual exchange happened or that a badly failed pickup between two extremely minor net celebs ends up as such public drama with an article summarizing it on NYmag and 15 pages over night in discussion.
That's because this incident is indicative and representative to all the bullshit women have to put up with in the age of social media and IM'ing. This dude couldn't be more stereotypical if he tried.

That's because this incident is indicative and representative to all the bullshit women have to put up with in the age of social media and IM'ing. This dude couldn't be more stereotypical if he tried.

This right here. Reading it and the Bye Felipe page was really eye opening for me.

Welp, she's now (according to her twitter) getting random phonecalls and silent voicemails. The internet is awesome if you're a woman and decide to speak out on someone being a creep to you!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Welp, she's now (according to her twitter) getting random phonecalls and silent voicemails. The internet is awesome if you're a woman and decide to speak out on someone being a creep to you!

For the love of God, you just cannot have an opinion on the Internet or speak up against creeps if you are a woman.

If woman rights were outside of the Internet what they are in it, woman still wouldn't have right to vote in the best case scenario.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So did his moms ever comment? Gonna be hype if it's real.

thread needs more quality fanfiction

If only this was like Beowulf and there's actually a Grendel's mother behind this guy.

What....?
Why are people so creepy?

Actually it's about ethics in lists making.

Mesoian

For the love of God, you just cannot have an opinion on the Internet or speak up against creeps if you are a woman.

If woman rights were outside of the Internet what they are in it, woman still wouldn't have right to vote in the best case scenario.

Hell man, I've got people telling me that this guy is in the right because "it's just his opinion and he should be able to speak it".

These people are single.

Hell man, I've got people telling me that this guy is in the right because "it's just his opinion and he should be able to speak it".

These people are single.

It's so frustrating because you could call me a single loser and even like that guy, I grew up without a dad, and yet I can definitely see how wrong his actions are. Too bad the genuine guys like me are in the minority here :(

These people are single.

Ah yes, the old "Freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!!" argument. Spoken by people who want to be assholes and want everyone to be forced to hear them talk about what an asshole they are

They love to protect each other, I'll give them that

This guy is out of his mind and disgusting. The part in the apology where he said he wrote a huge letter "putting her in her place", what a scumbag. Are we sure he is trolling? He seems more Elliot Rodger than Nice Guy

Edit: Not that I'm comparing his actions to Elliot Rodger. He just has the same mindset as him and a scary number of men have it, that they are owed something from women for no other reason other than they are men.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

This why I'll never be proud of being part of anything internet related.

Sorry GAF

Empty

his tweets seems to be him being as absurd and anti-humour and outlandish as possible to try and create the impression that it was all ultimately a joke which is quite pathetic and obviously no-one is buying. actually all his interactions are basically just twelve different ways of him trying to cluelessly spin his way out of a perfectly normal thing like being turned down by a girl you like.

superb cringe comedy

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Nice People =! "Nice Guy".

The "Nice Guy" is the guy that goes above and beyond for his best girl friend just so that she could be interested in sleeping with him/dating him. He's not REALLY nice, he's being nice for show.

Basically this movie:

But they ended up together in the end?

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh it's so messed up that some people(mostly men) get so aggressive when rejected. This guy is creepy as fuck and has completely lost it.
Why? He got the hotter girl and Harry got stuck with ginny. Funny how jk Rowling regrets getting Hermione with Ron at the end. Harry and her had way more magical chemistry
Except in the books Ginny is supposed to be the most popular and attractive girl...

Also yuck at Harry and Hermione. They were toxic in their own ways but them being good friends was a great thing. Not everyone should just pair up because they're close friends.

Also she didn't say she didn't say she regretted it.

But they ended up together in the end?
Yes but the whole movie is going through the fact he's faking being nice to have sex and then realizes by the end that just being yourself and actually respecting the person you're with is a lot better.

It also goes over the "friendzone" garbage and even has one of the characters be a huge asshole over it.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I dont remember him faking being nice. I thought he genuinely liked her and was rejected. I thought there was another character that was fake.

I dont plan on rewatching though!

I dont remember him faking being nice. I thought he genuinely liked her and was rejected. I thought there was another character that was fake.

I dont plan on rewatching though!

Dusty Dinkleman!

They both are trying to seduce Jamie Palomino to bang her for being put in the "friendzone".

I've watched the movie multiple times. I love it's over the top cheese and yet the message still remains relevant.

Pilgrimzero

Ugh it's so messed up that some people(mostly men) get so aggressive when rejected. This guy is creepy as fuck and has completely lost it.

Except in the books Ginny is supposed to be the most popular and attractive girl...

Also yuck at Harry and Hermione. They were toxic in their own ways but them being good friends was a great thing. Not everyone should just pair up because they're close friends.

Also she didn't say she didn't say she regretted it.

Yes but the whole movie is going through the fact he's faking being nice to have sex and then realizes by the end that just being yourself and actually respecting the person you're with is a lot better.

It also goes over the "friendzone" garbage and even has one of the characters be a huge asshole over it.

Rowling mentioned she should have hooked Harry and Hermione up.

Please don't resort to insulting him for a mental illness he may or may not have. And holy crap the people who tell him to kill himself (not in this thread, mind). It's so disheartening to see people who likely think that because they are on the right side of this shit show, that they can pull that kind of nonsense. :/

Please don't resort to insulting him for a mental illness he may or may not have. And holy crap the people who tell him to kill himself (not in this thread, mind). It's so disheartening to see people who likely think that because they are on the right side of this shit show, that they can pull that kind of nonsense. :/

And the people on the wrong side will use this as proof that they are right and rant about SJW's and then round and round we go. It is really tiring. I just don't understand who these people are. Like you have enough moral fiber to see that this guy is totally wrong and creepy but not enough to think "hmm maybe I shouldn't send this message telling him to kill himself"

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Crazy. So many asshole dudes out there who just can't handle rejection. They seem to think women owe them a response--owe them their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom