• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Harry Potter fan-podcaster does not take rejection well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major burn warning:

HArMUkm.jpg
+10 points to Gryffindor

Kevtones

I'd love for his mother to read all of the posts he's made. A quick vetting of his FaceBook shows that his mother may be his FB friend.

Guys will think that they're good enough for you to leave your boyfriend for and take it personally when you don't.

This shit blows my mind. What I angst over with girls in high school was that I'm wasting my time and she probably already has a boyfriend. I thought that was the typical mind frame for a lot of younger guys.

Chapter I: The offer.

He was offering her a chance. A chance to be with him! A bona-fide, debonair, genuine article, Harry Potter fandom rockstar. People like him are probably one in a million, if not a billion. He was actively swatting down the poontang being flung in his direction like panties at a 2015 Rolling Stones concert. He was doing this for her, he was self sacrificing. He knew inside he was too good for her but figured he could foster some improvements in her career, if casual sex happened to occur it would probably be beneficial only to her because his alpha male status in the Harry Potter fandom spheres in uncontested. He did run the most listened to podcast in the 8 to 12 age ranges of Harry Potter fans after-all. This guy was a succesful business leader, an entrepreneur, a maestro of Harry Potter fanfic (including the one where Harry gets hermoine, because fuck Ron.). He had valuable business connections cultivated by his devoted worship and absolute trustworthiness in the Harry Potter fandom community. He was going to lift her up and show her the ropes, figuratively, and maybe literally if she fancied that. But then she turned it all around and took his charity, which obviously knows no bounds, and deemed it offensive. He's obviously only right in defending his social plateau because he's obviously earned the respect and admiration of legions of Harry Potter fans. He could not let this stand because his honor has to be protected. Having recently learned the "twitter-fingers" offense in the well publicized case of Drake VS Meek Milly, he put on his best affliction MMA ring shirt and prepared for war. He did not want to, but the walls of his twitter and facebook accounts were laden with misguided feminists enchanted by the words of this sorceress. He fought long and hard but had to sound the retreat because clearly his astute observation that it might just be that time of month did not have the desired effect. Having read that Harry Potter + Sun Tzu fan-fiction mashup however he knew the battle might have been lost, but the war was still on. He shifted battlefields to one more favourable to him. A true internet warrior does not fight from a disadvantaged position. He loaded up Ustream and let loose a rant that proved once and for all that he was the most awesome, woman protecting, mom rescueing, guardian of justice that has ever lived. In order to provide closure to this battle he quoted the most established poet of our times: Sir Marshal Bruce Mathers III. Now he's re-establishing the offensive and heading into the fray once more during his interview with the noted, hard nosed, master of deductive reasoning, Charles Charlie Johnson.

End chapter.

To be Cont'd.

Chapter I: The offer.

He was offering her a chance. A chance to be with him! A bona-fide, debonair, genuine article, Harry Potter fandom rockstar. People like him are probably one in a million, if not a billion. He was actively swatting down the poontang being flung in his direction like panties at a 2015 Rolling Stones concert. He was doing this for her, he was self sacrificing. He knew inside he was too good for her but figured he could foster some improvements in her career, if casual sex happened to occur it would probably be beneficial only to her because his alpha male status in the Harry Potter fandom spheres in uncontested. He did run the most listened to podcast in the 8 to 12 age ranges of Harry Potter fans after-all. This guy was a succesful business leader, an entrepreneur, a maestro of Harry Potter fanfic (including the one where Harry gets hermoine, because fuck Ron.). He had valuable business connections cultivated by his devoted worship and absolute trustworthiness in the Harry Potter fandom community. He was going to lift her up and show her the ropes, figuratively, and maybe literally if she fancied that. But then she turned it all around and took his charity, which obviously knows no bounds, and deemed it offensive. He's obviously only right in defending his social plateau because he's obviously earned the respect and admiration of legions of Harry Potter fans. He could not let this stand because his honor has to be protected. Having recently learned the "twitter-fingers" offense in the well publicized case of Drake VS Meek Milly, he put on his best affliction MMA ring shirt and prepared for war. He did not want to, but the walls of his twitter and facebook accounts were laden with misguided feminists enchanted by the words of this sorceress. He fought long and hard but had to sound the retreat because clearly his astute observation that it might just be that time of month did not have the desired effect. Having read that Harry Potter + Sun Tzu fan-fiction mashup however he knew the battle might have been lost, but the war was still on. He shifted battlefields to one more favourable to him. A true internet warrior does not fight from a disadvantaged position. He loaded up Ustream and let loose a rant that proved once and for all that he was the most awesome, woman protecting, mom rescueing, guardian of justice that has ever lived. In order to provide closure to this battle he quoted the most established poet of our times: Sir Marshal Bruce Mathers III. Now he's re-establishing the offensive and heading into the fray once more during his interview with the noted, hard nosed, master of deductive reasoning, Charles Charlie Johnson.

End chapter.

To be Cont'd.

tumblr_mwl1fdOIi71qz8x31o1_500.gif

This topic is like a blast from the past: "She doesn't owe you an explanation."

Related: When Women Refuse

This is why many women are afraid to give an explicit "no." When men refuse, they risk being laughed at. When women refuse, they risk being murdered.

Yup yup.

And guys wonder why we have to be careful about how we reject them. There's no "right" way that guarantees that the guy won't flip his shit, unfortunately.

All routes can lead to GAME OVER.

Chuckie

Major burn warning:

HArMUkm.jpg

6mISq.gif

But seriously, this guy seems to be the stereotypical Nice Guy. Even claims to be a feminist... but just one small 'rejection' (if you could even call it that... she simply has a boyfriend) and he instantly drops his act and goes into rants.

Madness

That's the kind of guy who follows a woman home, watches her from the windows and stuff. I mean what am I reading. He literally tweets someone randomly and a few days later is writing using ridiculously verbose phrases about her beauty, wanting to get married to her, and then when she says she has a boyfriend and stops talking to him, he gets upset and starts to publicly trash her.

That last email is so sad and cringe inducing too. So many key words to read where he's still so desperate she'll accept him and love him. Guys like him are the reason women are so fearful and afraid. The ones who start planning honeymoons after a girl says hi to them, sits on the bus next to them.

F!ReW!Re

I just can't imagine how a person must feel when realization kicks in, after digging yourself that kind of hole.
Because tbh, some people claiming this guy will never get to that point are wrong, there's definitely gonna be one of those "I-fucked-up-real-good" moments

I just can't imagine how a person must feel when realization kicks in, after digging yourself that kind of hole.
Because tbh, some people claiming this guy will never get to that point are wrong, there's definitely gonna be one of those "I-fucked-up-real-good" moments

You think too highly of this dude lol.

Joni

who the fuck brags about being a big name in the harry potter fan community to try to get laid holy shit
It could work, if at least 1% of the Harry Potter fans actually knew who he was. I mean, it could work for Evanna Lynch or Darren Criss. I think some online famous people tend to overestimate their own 'famousness'.

Nightbird

It could work, if at least 1% of the Harry Potter fans actually knew who he was. I mean, it could work for Evanna Lynch or Darren Criss. I think some online famous people tend to overestimate their own 'famousness'.

Everything on the Internet that is somewhat popopular has a Number of dedicated Hardcore Fans. Even if this Number is small, let's say 3 for example, that sheer obsession those 3 have for that thing can make people or, like on this case, the creator think that that they are popular.

It happens

This topic is like a blast from the past: "She doesn't owe you an explanation."

Yup yup.

All routes can lead to GAME OVER.

If I took tinder nearly as seriously as half the dudes in that topic I'd be a broken shell crying myself in the corner every night. Seriously, most people you chat with aren't going to date you even if you ask them out. Most girls you date aren't going to sleep with you even if you take them somewhere nice or fun. Just roll with it. If she doesn't answer your texts, move on. Keep your dignity at least.

There's never going to be a "good" reason for someone to stop going out with you that your ego can handle.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Getting emotional for being rejected I get, you're human, and that shit can hurt. Fine. But when dudes get hostile like this I just don't get it...

Yeah, it sucks that the girl you like doesn't like you back, I empathize, but going after them for it is all kinds of fucked up. Stop doing this shit please, fellas, ok? Thanks.

Thank God I stored a 1-Up specially for you Prota.... wanna play?!

1zwB8Sj.png

If I took tinder nearly as seriously as half the dudes in that topic I'd be a broken shell crying myself in the corner every night. Seriously, most people you chat with aren't going to date you even if you ask them out. Most girls you date aren't going to sleep with you even if you take them somewhere nice or fun. Just roll with it. If she doesn't answer your texts, move on. Keep your dignity at least.

There's never going to be a "good" reason for someone to stop going out with you that your ego can handle.

Exactly. No answer is ever going to be 'satisfying' in these cases and demanding one (or thinking you're owed one) just compounds the emotions flying around. And as you might have seen from the women posting in there, pretty much all of them have had similar experiences to Grace Spelman's. We can't win when it comes to this stuff.

stn

One of those people that needs to get off the PC and go outside to learn basic social skills.

That is the gift of gods. Those morons are hilarious :lol. The shit women have to put up with.

It's hilarious for the first 5-10 minutes but then reality starts to sink in and you just cant believe the kind of bullshit women have to deal with on a daily basis. There's just...so much of it.

The ones that get into serious harassment territory scare me rather than make me laugh. In the past I've been insulted by guys I've turned down but holy crap, I wouldn't be able to handle some of the shit these guys do or say.

Getting emotional for being rejected I get, you're human, and that shit can hurt. Fine. But when dudes get hostile like this I just don't get it...

Yeah, it sucks that the girl you like doesn't like you back, I empathize, but going after them for it is all kinds of fucked up. Stop doing this shit please, fellas, ok? Thanks.

What makes it weird is that he doesn't even appear to actually know her, just her public persona. I hope this guy seeks out therapy, or she seeks out a restraining order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom