• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

Zeknurn

CxS0Q4ZWIAAQbIT.jpg

Comical.

DBT85

Hm, is it possible that they may be thinking of dropping F1 program and focusing on making money off producing road cars (they have a pretty solid lineup already) or did they just want Dennis out?

Just want Dennis out I think. They've got a great history in the sport and its that history that sells the cars.

I think he might have been quite stubborn regarding things like sponsorship which is why they had so little for so long.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hm, is it possible that they may be thinking of dropping F1 program and focusing on making money off producing road cars (they have a pretty solid lineup already) or did they just want Dennis out?

Possible? Anything is possible.

Likely? Not at all.

Fox Mulder

They make great cars and racing adds to their exposure. Maybe being a f1 shitbox for years can hurt that and change their minds though.

krang

No way. Their brand relies far too heavily on their F1 entry.

Fun fact, that UFO thing raised in the air behind them is the reception desk for the F1 offices. The entry from the car park takes you through a pristine white tunnel underground, then raises you through that lobby in a glass lift up to the platform. The place is mind-boggling.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
For those interested, this weekend is Formula 3's marquee Macau Grand Prix. It will be livestreamed on the FIA website free this year.

Some notable entrants this year:
Felix Rosenqvist - 2015 F3 European Champion
Jann Mardenborough - 2011 GT Academy Winner
Kenta Yamashita - 2016 Japanese F3 Champion
Joel Eriksson - 2016 F3 European Rookie Champion
Ferdinand Zvonimir Maria Balthus Keith Michael Otto Antal Bahnam Leonhard von Habsburg - 2016 Euroformula Open Runner Up and Heir Apparent to the House of Habsburg

circuit-f3-cup-macau.png

http://www.fia.com/macau-grand-prix-live-stream

FIA FORMULA 3 WORLD CUP – SESSION AND RACE TIMES

(Time zone: CST (China Standard Time) – UTC/GMT +8 hours)

Thursday 17 November

1420 – 1500 Qualifying

Friday 18 November

1555 – 1635 Qualifying

Saturday 19 November

1350 – 1440 Qualification Race – 10 laps

Sunday 20 November

1530 – 1630 FIA F3 World Cup – 15 laps

James Allison on his way to Mercedes

Paddy Lowe must've been Ross Brawned and taken the Ferrari millions

That's hilarious.

"Allison wasn't fired. It was personal, because his wife died"

Good job, Ferrari. I hope Allison crushes it at Mercedes, much like Costa did, after they fired him.

Fucking idiots.

No way. Their brand relies far too heavily on their F1 entry.

Fun fact, that UFO thing raised in the air behind them is the reception desk for the F1 offices. The entry from the car park takes you through a pristine white tunnel underground, then raises you through that lobby in a glass lift up to the platform. The place is mind-boggling.

I was there last year. It's an insane facility. Walking around the production line was one of the coolest things ever.

The coolest thing was driving a 650s around the Top Gear Test Traxk

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
That's hilarious.

"Allison wasn't fired. It was personal, because his wife died"

Good job, Ferrari. I hope Allison crushes it at Mercedes, much like Costa did, after they fired him.

Fucking idiots.

They didn't fire him. It was well known he wanted to move back to the UK, and rightly so given the circumstances.

FrankCanada97

Results of Macau GP Q1:

Jiz8dV6.jpg

The session ended early for a red flag. With rain in the forecast for Q2, it's likely this is the way the grid will line up for the qualifying race.

Aiii

So not worth it
3D model of a F1 Car designed to 2017 spec:

Perrinn is the company (by former Williams designer Nicolas Perrin) that wants to build a test car for F1, that can be used outside of testing restrictions because it isn't an actual race car.

Aiii

So not worth it
18-year-old rookie George Russel just did a stellar lap and will start on pole. Absolutely brilliant.

Callum Ilott and Da Costa on two and three.

Perrinn is the company (by former Williams designer Nicolas Perrin) that wants to build a test car for F1, that can be used outside of testing restrictions because it isn't an actual race car.

As far as I can tell, they've shared the model publicly via a piece of browser-based CAD called OnShape. Does anyone with more time to look into this find out if it enables you to export an .OBJ (or similar) of the model?

rossonero

As far as I can tell, they've shared the model publicly via a piece of browser-based CAD called OnShape. Does anyone with more time to look into this find out if it enables you to export an .OBJ (or similar) of the model?

The assembly can be exported as a STEP, PARASOLID or STL-file so that cobers the biggest CAD software

Looking good, but the rear wing could be wider.

FrankCanada97

18-year-old rookie George Russel just did a stellar lap and will start on pole. Absolutely brilliant.

Callum Ilott and Da Costa on two and three.

Just to nitpick, Russell is a rookie to this race but is in his second year of racing Formula 3. He did the outright fastest lap ever on the track. I know it won't count but good for him.

Starting grid for the qualifying race:

IGTT6f9.jpg

Interesting to note where the Prema cars qualified with best placed driver Gunther starting P7.

Also here's an onboard lap of Macau in an F3 car for those unfamiliar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6GnhrkMjUQ

DD

Just to nitpick, Russell is a rookie to this race but is in his second year of racing Formula 3. He did the outright fastest lap ever on the track. I know it won't count but good for him.

Starting grid for the qualifying race:

IGTT6f9.jpg

Interesting to note where the Prema cars qualified with best placed driver Gunther starting P7.

Also here's an onboard lap of Macau in an F3 car for those unfamiliar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6GnhrkMjUQ

Happy to see Sette Camara well positioned. He's currently the only Brazilian name with some (tiny) chance to get into F1 in the near future, specially because Massa is gone and Nasr future is uncertain. =/

Top Bottom