• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Pre-Season |OT| The Ferrari is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

"Ferrari is very strong and reliable as well," Marko told Red Bull's Servus TV channel. "That's the difference to last year.

"What worries me somewhat is I know Vettel very well. He provocatively lifted on his fastest lap on the start and finish straight. Everybody could tell.

"And if you do something like this, then your self-confidence and the knowledge about having a lot more in the car is huge."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-sandbagging-a-worry-admits-red-bull-882738/

phwYIvkKMa9Pi.gif

It's happening isn't it ��

No, it isn't.

Toto from 2016:

Q: ... Everybody says that Ferrari are very close. Are they very close?

TW: They are much closer. It is difficult to say how much closer, but the last couple of days indicate that. It seems they have done a good job over the winter, so it could boil down to a tough fight between them and us.

Q: You always say you are not one for predictions, but Melbourne is not even three weeks away so you must have an opinion...

TW: Let me tell you something: probably I am a bit superstitious, but many times when you predict something it turns out completely the other way - and I don't want to risk that! What the tests so far have shown is that Mercedes and Ferrari are ahead of other teams - but never underestimate Red Bull Racing nor Williams. This is my guess based on testing results.

JDB

Banned
Not a huge fan of the pink, but it's definitely better than the mock-up we saw some time ago which had a bunch of clashing colors.

Staab

Beats the reveal livery by a mile, so that's positive.
I'm not a big fan though, they could've worked it in way better,

Zaru

I wouldn't place my bets on Australia for an exciting race or an unusual winner for that matter, unless the increased difficulty of the start procedure makes the favorites fuck up even harder than last year.

dubc35

In pictures it looks much better than the old livery but I'll hold my final opinion until FP1.

We're almost there!! Woot! OT going up next week?

dubc35

Not a good look for Hulk here.
Agreed, really nothing to gain from this. F1 is such a close knit circle he could be asking them for a seat or working with engineers from their current team in the future.

Other side of the coin: The difficult thing about text is that he could have been posting it in a amicable, joking manner but it gets lost in translation.

Spladam

And here I thought I'd be the only one to like the Force India livery. And I think Nico meant that in a playful way.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
How is that even possible?
Because Honda are fucking incompetent.

Their big idea was to copy Mercedes using a photocopier and a picture of their engine taken by a 3 year old 300 metres away.

They ended up copying a banana sandwich and a packet of Haribo and had to guess from there.

Tubie

How is that even possible?

Wonder if it's to much work to fit the 2016 engine into the new chassis for the first few races.

At least until Honda gets their shit together and sends them something better than that.

The 2017 engine might actually be worse than their 2015 piece of shit lol.

I actually had a dream about F1 last night. The Ferraris were competitive in Australia... but both had their engines blow before the end of the race. lol

Zaru

I actually had a dream about F1 last night. The Ferraris were competitive in Australia... but both had their engines blow before the end of the race. lol

If there's one thing I'm optimistic about regarding Ferrari in 2017, it's reliability. Supposedly their engine held up for the entirety of winter testing. That'll do, old horse. That'll do.

Then again, if Lewis' engine gremlins are still in the paddock...

Because Honda are fucking incompetent.

Their big idea was to copy Mercedes using a photocopier and a picture of their engine taken by a 3 year old 300 metres away.

They ended up copying a banana sandwich and a packet of Haribo and had to guess from there.

Lol

There was that whole revolutionary story last year where teams realised Mercedes were using special tech to get their fuel to combust in a more evenly spread area inside the piston chamber instead of just wherever the fuel was injected, which gave smoother power delivery and better drivability.

They should been trying to emulate that and have a smoother engine this year. God knows​ how it ended up the complete opposite, being so violent that it literally ejects pistons and breaks other parts of the car due to vibrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom