• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken is cringy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yeah this may be another Xenoblade 2 situation where the English voice-acting is absolutely diabolic and the Japanese voice-acting is totally fine/normal. The problem is, if any of those bullshit Japanese TV shows where they dub over some real life mystery story in Japanese (like having borderline pensioner women Japanese VAs add fucking わ~~~~ to everything for barely late 20s/barely 30s English-speaking women) are anything to go by, the Japanese dub could also end up being cringey as fuck.
Yeah.
Cuz I dont understand and cant tell if its good or bad voice acting i end up just taking it.
I played battlefield 1 with the Russain or was it German....female announcer, so much better.

Kamina

Golden Boy
The gameplay looks cool, but i see how the tick tock talk can turn off.
I guess i will wait and see when the reviews hit.

The actress does a good job with the script she was given, i'll just say that.
But yeah...this doesn't look good. Still seems like a tech demo with horrible writing...

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Basically the same problem as:

Liked you say. It just sounds forced.

Really hate when devs make it so the MC can't stop narrating whatever is happening on screen. Like ffs, shut the fuck up, it's one of the most anti immersion things devs could put in their games.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
First PC mod better remove the super cringe side shave hair every woman character seems to have lately.
She doesnt actually have an undercut.
Its just braids in bun.
Probably for animations sake she ties it up later in the game.
......or hairstyles are DLC.

EGS_Forspoken_LuminousProductions_S1_2560x1440-f2f99882e9d396b21fb65735d266385a

forspoken-frey.jpg

No this is one of those bad high-budget PS2/PS3 launch titles no one remembers because better games came out after them, except this is being released in the third year of the console.
Isnt this a crossgen title.
Dont tell me its nextgen exclusive?

Irobot82

She doesnt actually have an undercut.
Its just braids in bun.
Probably for animations sake she ties it up later in the game.
......or hairstyles are DLC.

EGS_Forspoken_LuminousProductions_S1_2560x1440-f2f99882e9d396b21fb65735d266385a

forspoken-frey.jpg

Isnt this a crossgen title.
Dont tell me its nextgen exclusive?
That's a plus the twitter pic made it look shaved. It's by far the worst hair trends I've ever seen, including the 80's.

TMLT

Looks extremely generic and mediocre. The main character is very awkwardly shoehorned into the setting too which makes the tone feel off.

On the bright-side, it doesn't look more cringy than I already thought it was. haha
The gamespot video that was basically calling this game a woman's empowerment game made by a bunch of women set off red flags for me awhile ago.

Whitecrow

Banned
This forum sometimes dude...
You are so clueless.

I cant even understand how is that hard for you to understand the narrative format of that clip.

But whatever. Do you feel smart and cool by criticising something? Go for it.

Pallas

Yup, you’re probably wondering why I’m making this post, and how it all ended up like this, so let me tell you what hap—- I can’t do it… I’ll see myself out.

(Game looks alright, cringy dialog aside)

Neolombax

I do not see any difference between this and Horizon Forbidden West. Most of the time I find Aloy insuferable, but the game turned out pretty good. Still curious to see more of Forspoken.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The editor of these videos don't do this game justice. I doubt the writing is actually as bad as shown here.
During some gameplay footage you could hear the MC saying "fuck off!" to the enemies while casting spells to attack them.

I don't think this game will have good, or even decent writting.

kevm3

They need to give this dialogue the sonic movie treatment and redo all of it. Does anyone have a japanese trailer so I can hear it by comparison?

TintoConCasera

what's wrong with fuck off?
Or do you want them to use some bad sounding german spell phrase like anime likes to do?
I want her to either shut the fuck up or at the very least say something related to the setting she's in.

Telling zombies to fuck off or calling monsters "jacked up beasts" is the most cringe shit I've seen in videogames as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom