• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite on PlayStation doesn't have cross-platform play with other consoles because they are worse, explains Sony boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastword

Banned
Yoshida never said "Sony won't allow Fortnite players on PlayStation to play against their friends with other consoles – because those people are having inferior experiences." or "And that's because the best experience is to play on PlayStation, he said. So allowing other people to play would be a compromise."

That is something the site made up. The only thing Yoshida said was "On cross-platform, our way of thinking is always that PlayStation is the best place to play. Fortnite, I believe, partnered with PlayStation 4 is the best experience for users, that's our belief,"

Everything else is just mud by the author's part. The author was also member of an Xbox magazine at some point.

http://n4g.com/news/2199069/playsta...llowed-to-play-with-friends-on-other-consoles
Hmmmm, people are clearly not interested in what Yoshida said. People are trying to pretend they're miffed at Sony's stance on CP, surprised even. Yet it all comes out as so bogus and insincere......This is not the first time they have made it clear they're not going to do crossplay with the competition, no PS4 owner bought a PS4 with an ultimatum that it needed to be open to XBOX or Nintendo owners.....Most people don't care either, that is why PS4 continues to outsell every other console YOY. If it is that everybody should be in unison, all playing with each other, then there should be no seperate boxes at all, no exclusive games, no seperate controllers, no seperate online services, no independent console businesses. Yet, we all live in the real world and that's not going to happen. It has never been the premise of competiting console boxes and it never will...

so sony promoting their products makes them arrogant lol ok...
It would seem so, when MS did it, where Sony was close to them in worldwide sales, MS said no. At least, if it was done then, it would have been mutually beneficial, yet they said no, but now sony leads them 3:1, Sony is evil, when clearly, MS would have the most to gain here.... I refuse to believe the persons who argue against this or even attempt to are ever rational in their deliberations....All this is, is pitchfork-age. Next week another exec will say the same thing, "We're not doing cp with MS" and people would still pretend like they dont get the message, and the same outrage would ensue, because it's faux outrage at best, it has not affected the dynamics of this gen, as PS4 continues to outpace the other consoles and will continue to do so throughout this year.......

where do you guys live where PSN is unworkable hours at a time and Xbox live is perfect. They are basically the same thing
It's crazy because I play every day and don't remember PSN ever being offline when I do. Yet I think if you check the stats, PSN has been down much less than Live......And it's always baffling to read some people say LIVE is smoother and has less lag, it's the same P2P... smh. Was Battlefield-4 better on LIVE, does live have some super netflow that made all the laggy PUBG games better? Did Live solve all the problems the MCC had because it's so good? Anybody still regurgitating LIVE is greater than PSN from 2013 may not even have a PS4 and are lying through the teeth and have no idea as to how these online systems work.....MS promised dedicated servers for all games on XBOX-ONE, they promised cloud-based enhancements for all games. If these promises were fulfilled and I'm not aware, then live is better than PSN. Please someone correct me and say that LIVE has all those features and it's better as a result....

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
But consoles and shitty walled garden platform holders are awesome, guys! Really! I swear! Crappy locked down consoles are a great thing. We LOVE being told that we can only play the games we buy on arbitrary hardware we don't want for no reason!

iu

But consoles and shitty walled garden platform holders are awesome, guys! Really! I swear! Crappy locked down consoles are a great thing. We LOVE being told that we can only play the games we buy on arbitrary hardware we don't want for no reason!

iu

But we have exclusives! And now console exclusive cross platform play because it's better!!

Darius87

Have you forgotten who you really are? let me remind you "pie_tears_joy:
1OvdB8S.jpg

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Hmmmm, people are clearly not interested in what Yoshida said. People are trying to pretend they're miffed at Sony's stance on CP, surprised even. Yet it all comes out as so bogus and insincere......This is not the first time they have made it clear they're not going to do crossplay with the competition, no PS4 owner bought a PS4 with an ultimatum that it needed to be open to XBOX or Nintendo owners.....Most people don't care either, that is why PS4 continues to outsell every other console YOY. If it is that everybody should be in unison, all playing with each other, then there should be no seperate boxes at all, no exclusive games, no seperate controllers, no seperate online services, no independent console businesses. Yet, we all live in the real world and that's not going to happen. It has never been the premise of competiting console boxes and it never will...

It would seem so, when MS did it, where Sony was close to them in worldwide sales, MS said no. At least, if it was done then, it would have been mutually beneficial, yet they said no, but now sony leads them 3:1, Sony is evil, when clearly, MS would have the most to gain here.... I refuse to believe the persons who argue against this or even attempt to are ever rational in their deliberations....All this is, is pitchfork-age. Next week another exec will say the same thing, "We're not doing cp with MS" and people would still pretend like they dont get the message, and the same outrage would ensue, because it's faux outrage at best, it has not affected the dynamics of this gen, as PS4 continues to outpace the other consoles and will continue to do so throughout this year.......

It's crazy because I play every day and don't remember PSN ever being offline when I do. Yet I think if you check the stats, PSN has been down much less than Live......And it's always baffling to read some people say LIVE is smoother and has less lag, it's the same P2P... smh. Was Battlefield-4 better on LIVE, does live have some super netflow that made all the laggy PUBG games better? Did Live solve all the problems the MCC had because it's so good? Anybody still regurgitating LIVE is greater than PSN from 2013 may not even have a PS4 and are lying through the teeth and have no idea as to how these online systems work.....MS promised dedicated servers for all games on XBOX-ONE, they promised cloud-based enhancements for all games. If these promises were fulfilled and I'm not aware, then live is better than PSN. Please someone correct me and say that LIVE has all those features and it's better as a result....
Here we go, the biggest fanboy of them all has shown up...

I’d like to see where your 3:1 numbers come from btw! If you had said 2:1 I might have said sure, but 3:1? Just more proof that you always speak out of your ass.

And live is and has always been superior, in terms of features it is still the best. Can’t believe Ps4 has voice chat quality barely on par with what MS offered last gen and much smaller party sizes than MS offers. I actually have a hard time understanding people on PS4 that don’t speak my native tongue (just like on 360) but have 0 problems on Xbox One. Also, playing on PC and having cross parties with Xbox One is one of the greatest features ever. Add in clubs, live play with 360 players, etc. It is unmatched by the competition.

Whitecrow

Banned
It’s amazing how dumb people can be.
Or ignorant.

Sony gives you games, you give them money.

If you think Sony have or had, or should have, a deeper relationship with you, guess who is being delusional.

It's not my fault if you dont know what business is.
Anyways, I will not follow this childish discussions of 'the world is not like I whish then the world is wrong".
You can be as upset as you want. nobody really cares.

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
Or ignorant.

If you think Sony have or had, or should have, a deeper relationship with you, guess who is being delusional.

Actually, that's not how it works at all. You give Sony money for a platform to play games on as well as games themselves. Their platform BLOWS because you can't even play games with large swathes of other players because Sony intentionally made their platform shitty.

that selfish playstation is a bad sign for the future ps5.
remember ps3 anyone?

Not a fan of any specific console but bringing up PS3 in a bad light doesn't help your point in any way. If you compare the 3 console giants major console launch disaster then you have to pit PS3 against Wii U and Xbox One. Now think about which of these three came up fine in the end (Xbox One still struggling in its gen). In the end of its gen PS3 tied X360 worldwide sales wise even though X360 had a head start. Content wise PS3 had many great games in exclusive new IPs and sequels along with third party titles. So Sony did something right business wise to make sure that even though they had a horrible start, they somehow saved the console from ending up being a complete disaster. Can the same be said about Wii U or Xbox One?

Actually, that's not how it works at all. You give Sony money for a platform to play games on as well as games themselves. Their platform BLOWS because you can't even play games with large swathes of other players because Sony intentionally made their platform shitty.

Gamers who give money to Sony are giving money to play on SONY platform and Sony is honoring that deal. Why does everyone get the idea that their deal with Sony gives them the right to be able to play with all platform without any official confirmation or commitment.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

iu

Even the PC has walled gardens now in certain games. Who are we kidding here?

thelastword

Banned
May i ask you what are you then if you called him a fanboy?
Anybody who uses this term often, is dyed and wooled in, yes it's certifiable, it's science at this point.....

Anyone who doesn't want seperate ecosystems are better off on PC, but whilst I can launch Ubi games through steam, I can't play MS games on steam. MS is supposed to be PRO PC right? and are actually invested in PC..... Yet Sony has more PC crossplay games? How did that happen?

Yet even on PC, I have games on Steam, GOG, Origin, Uplay, and even Windows Store (whydontyou)......and many other places too, yet, I never bat an eyelid and think that all these storefronts should all conglomerate into a Kumbaya bouillon.....So whilst all these storefronts are popping up and trying to differentiate themselves and build their own following and get paid, even MS has it's own storefront on PC. Sony is anticonsumer because they're looking after their own bottomline, which has been par for the course for all released consoles or businesses for millenia?......Yes, you can only read these on forums....

Customers who work hard for their money and who research their products and knows how business and basic buying and selling is done, have continued to buy the console product, they deem the best YOY......They don't buy a Ferrari with the expectation of having it being serviced by Porsche, what are you going to do? Sue Porsche if they don't comply, call them anti-consumer....If you don't get access to BMW's tech network with a Honda are you going to be outraged too....It's crazy, but people are speaking like consumers should be given everything or it's outrage, even at a loss to the business dealer or even when it doesn't make sense. So why go into business anyway? to give a leg up to competitors? to give your products for free or your installbase for free, to cull potential sales from your own business......I mean, I can't believe some of these arguments.......Some here must be living in some type of fantasy utopia with unicorns, where it rains skittles for rainbows......

Last edited:

Pallas

Not a fan of any specific console but bringing up PS3 in a bad light doesn't help your point in any way. If you compare the 3 console giants major console launch disaster then you have to pit PS3 against Wii U and Xbox One. Now think about which of these three came up fine in the end (Xbox One still struggling in its gen). In the end of its gen PS3 tied X360 worldwide sales wise even though X360 had a head start. Content wise PS3 had many great games in exclusive new IPs and sequels along with third party titles. So Sony did something right business wise to make sure that even though they had a horrible start, they somehow saved the console from ending up being a complete disaster.Can the same be said about Wii U or Xbox One?

Gamers who give money to Sony are giving money to play on SONY platform and Sony is honoring that deal. Why does everyone get the idea that their deal with Sony gives them the right to be able to play with all platform without any official confirmation or commitment.

For all intent and purposes, Xbox One despite losing abysmally to the PS4 sales wise, is anything but a failure and can be consider a success. Wii U not so much.

Also this isn’t about honoring a hypothetical deal with the players, certain games like Fortnite and even Minecraft do not need cross play but the smaller indie titles that feature multiplayer will probably live or die by this.

I personally do not benefit with or without crossplay but it is beneficial for those smaller titles where the community isn’t as robust or gigantic.

Sony can do what they want at the end of the day but they really need to stop the PR bs about cross play and just be honest why they don’t want to implement it with other consoles.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Like what? The Microsoft Store stuff? I don't think anyone plays those anyway.

Great hand-wave, lol.

It. Is. Still. There. Is it not?

From the same company trying to PR the cross-play on consoles. Oh the hypocrisy of irony.

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
Great hand-wave, lol.

It. Is. Still. There. Is it not?

There's a difference. Sony has a hardware restriction whereas you can simply ignore Microsoft's store. Hardware doesn't tie you to Microsoft's store, so they're basically impotent, which is why no one uses it in the first place.

Who cares if it's there if the entire planet is ignoring its existence? In fact, the only reason that this is an issue is because Fortnite is really popular, Sony won this console generation, and this decision actually impacts a significant number of people. A lot of shady crap happens with smaller games, and it flies under the radar.

oagboghi2

And live is and has always been superior, in terms of features it is still the best. Can’t believe Ps4 has voice chat quality barely on par with what MS offered last gen and much smaller party sizes than MS offers. I actually have a hard time understanding people on PS4 that don’t speak my native tongue (just like on 360) but have 0 problems on Xbox One. Also, playing on PC and having cross parties with Xbox One is one of the greatest features ever. Add in clubs, live play with 360 players, etc. It is unmatched by the competition.
The claim made earlier in this thread wasn't "XboxLive is superior because of party chat" or whatever bullshit people care about. it was "PSN is unworkable for hours at a time" which is a straight up lie.

You, and others in this thread keep on harping about fanboys, but the only people acting like fanboys are the MS defense brigade here. The truth is crossplay isn't important for most people, and Sony made a decision to not go as far with it as MS does. No different than Nintendo choosing to not focus on visuals or MS not investing in VR. Every platform has trade offs and drawbacks, and as a consumer I decide which ones matter to me and which ones don't. Personally I would rather have the exclusive games and the stonger library that the PS4 has than playing with a larger pool of random people in fortnite.

Obviously some people feel differently, but that is always been how this industry worked. You make some trade offs when you invest in one platform vs another.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There's a difference. Sony has a hardware restriction whereas you can simply ignore Microsoft's store. Hardware doesn't tie you to Microsoft's store, so they're basically impotent, which is why no one uses it in the first place.

Who cares if it's there if the entire planet is ignoring its existence? In fact, the only reason that this is an issue is because Fortnite is really popular, Sony won this console generation, and this decision actually impacts a significant number of people. A lot of shady crap happens with smaller games, and it flies under the radar.

I can agree, yet some fans want to use the "for the players" as a snipe on Sony, but overlook the "play anywhere" PR slogans all the same. It is the same shit, just different colors (blue or green).

dano1

A Sheep
If Xbox or Nintendo had such a huge lead they would do the same thing. Don’t kid yourself. I prefer to play with just Playstation players anyway. And I certainly don’t want to be matched up in a shooter with the PC cheaters!!

gioGAF

I keep hearing the same ridiculous arguments from the same people on this nonsense cross play business.

Why doesn't Apple allow Google Play on their platform or vice-versa? Are they anti-choice and anti-consumer?
Why can't I buy something on Steam / Origin / Uplay / GOG / Windows Store and have it count for all of them?

I hear the same tired arguments, and honestly I am not convinced. And the personal attacks are just inane, when everyone of them would apply to said person the other way around (I'm a Sony fan boy or corporate bootlicker, I suffer from Stockholm Syndrome, etc. <--- All of this applies in exactly the same manner but reversed to anyone saying it, MS fan boys, apologists, shills, etc.). Hopefully you people can learn to attack the issue rather than the poster (can't really destroy my credibility, I have about as much credibility as you do).

I reiterate, I DO NOT see an advantage to cross platform play with Xbox or Switch as a PlayStation user. I DO NOT think this is an example of straight-up corporate greed. There are plenty of reasons for not allowing it that have to do with player experience, quality control, etc. Even though I hate the business model, I want any bullshit monetization I see to benefit the platform I play on. If a game developer is making more money on one platform, they will prioritize supporting that platform, period.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Yeah, don't really understand taking this news personally as if Sony came into your house and kicked your dog. How is this an issue now? It's not stopping you from playing on your platform and enjoying your game(s). Ok so no crossplay? Move on, somehow this became such a deal breaker with people that they're telling a corporate entity to fuck off.

If any corp did something I didn't like, I just didn't buy their shit, end of story. That goes for all of these game companies and manufacturers.

To be fair, a lot of people here that don't like it won't buy Playstation anything after this but that's how you speak, with your wallet. Anything else makes no sense to me.

Anyway, carry on.

It doesn't seem like it's getting any better either (for anyone whose account is tied to PSN that is).

Sony used to allow crossplay with PS4/PC games, but now they started to drop that. In fact it's now standard practice not to allow crossplay between PS4 VR and PC + 3 different VR solutions (and not because VR technology itself prevents crossplay since the game that already suffered from this policy allows for VR between the different PC VR vendors versions with no problem) and that's like the last thing VR technology needs - more fragmentation.

Arrogant Sony was there in the PS3 days and with their "HDR" screens that don't meet HDR standards but had to rebrand more honestly because they didn't sell well at all (because of a general consumer distrust in HDR because... of Sony's cheaper subpar screens flooding the market in part) and the rude awakening seems to be a tradition at this point to temper their arrogance.

It remains to be seen what this inevitable awakening is (inevitable because pride and stagnation always come before the fall, and that was a direct reason behind the PS3 woes and disconnect with publisher and gamer needs) ... so far even Nintendo coming off the massive wii u failure managed to get them out of the handheld stage with the 3DS and then the Switch (a significant enough concern for Sony they now single it out in exclusivity contracts), and Nintendo and Microsoft were working both on their own VR solutions but dropped it because of weaker hardware. Even Nintendo (who insists on restricting voice chat to local LAN connections only) is now more flexible letting third parties manage their online multiplayer and account systems, which was unthinkable in 2010.

The situation can easily be upended in not so favorable end results for Sony a few years later if they continue this brand of short-sighted business decisions (especially their struggles with the Vita - trying to compete with the PSP, tries to upend the 3DS, tries to replace the PS3, tries to replicate the Wii U double screen schtick, the ps tv with its unmaintained whitelist that purges anything that used the vita features, those same features were used by most of its initial titles, killed off, revival attempt to compete with the switch, US branch says it's killed off after all, revival projects now on smartphones... gross mismanagement, is what this is) and just like vertical shooters boycotted sony in the PS3/X360 era, or MMOs and many multiplatforms avoided Microsoft, the same second class citizen situation can happen again with the PS4/PS5 and online if a good enough option exists, and the prominence of mobile is just one of many catalysts for that eventuality.
Some very good points...while mobile gaming is still seen as casual its literally knocking at the door and has been for ages

My daughter can play Roblox with her friends on xbox/PC iPad and android tablets with no issues and streaming content is really beginning to gather steam.

Can you imagine simply dropping your phone into a dock which is paired with a controller and playing the latest release game....I dont think it's far off and any console which doesn't allow the openness will die pretty quickly

When a closed eco system like apple is more open with apps and their integration with other manufacturers than your gaming company you have some problems

Yeah, don't really understand taking this news personally as if Sony came into your house and kicked your dog. How is this an issue now? It's not stopping you from playing on your platform and enjoying your game(s). Ok so no crossplay? Move on, somehow this became such a deal breaker with people that they're telling a corporate entity to fuck off.

If any corp did something I didn't like, I just didn't buy their shit, end of story. That goes for all of these game companies and manufacturers.

To be fair, a lot of people here that don't like it won't buy Playstation anything after this but that's how you speak, with your wallet. Anything else makes no sense to me.

Anyway, carry on.

Again, it is locking of the account that is the big issue

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This thread is typical GAF shitposting, Sonygaf Is in full force here as always and it’s pointless for anyone to try arguing as people will always come up with stupid arguments trying to defend how crossplay is a bad thing (btw, it isn’t). Call it fanboyism, mental illness, stupidity, etc. Won’t change the fact they are wrong and that there isn’t any proof they can bring to the table to prove otherwise as this isn’t even for debate, anyone sane will tell you crossplay is better for everyone. It’s just arguing for the sake of it.

Sony sees it as a good business move. It will surely come back to backfire on them long term. You give incentives for people to try to stay in your ecosystem, you don’t try forcing/bullying them, which is what Sony is doing right now.

Im still waiting for the crossplay evangelists to explain to me how crossplay is going to convince xbox exclusive gamers to buy a ps4.

CuNi

Clearly PSN has all that live got, only better! I mean it even beats live in the most basic features like changing Gamertag! Oh... Wait...

FranXico

How come nobody ever talks about the fact that Epic allows their own account system to be compromised by another company?
I think, and this is speculation, the issue with the account system as that DLC sold via PSN is probably not allowed to be accessible via any other system as per Sony requirement.
Epic simply didn't decouple purchased items from the user account in their progress system, and it's all or nothing. Hence the "locking".

Last edited:

FranXico

The claim made earlier in this thread wasn't "XboxLive is superior because of party chat" or whatever bullshit people care about. it was "PSN is unworkable for hours at a time" which is a straight up lie.

To be fair, it used to be like that (so it's not strictly a lie) but after a couple of maintenance downtimes early this gen, it appears to have gotten quite stable.

You would have thought Sony would have learned their lesson from the last generation for being too arrogant. It appears to be the same in this generation.

CRAIG667

Or ignorant.

Anyways, I will not follow this childish discussions of 'the world is not like I whish then the world is wrong".
You can be as upset as you want. nobody really cares.

I'm neither upset or ignorant.

And I understand business very well having ran several companies.

What I find dumb is people defending ANY giant company who are restricting their choices.

I totally understand why from a business point of view why Sony are doing what they're doing, I understand it more than most, it doesn't make it right though.

But sure, keep defending them like the good loyal customer that you are.

Dumb.

Roitorb

Cross platform play isn’t an issue for me it’s just the locking of accounts. If you could do this I don’t think there would be such an uproar.

Darius87

What I find dumb is people defending ANY giant company who are restricting their choices.

I totally understand why from a business point of view why Sony are doing what they're doing, I understand it more than most, it doesn't make it right though.

Dumb.

what makes you think most PS4 users want CP? if that would be the case i think we would know it by now, it's like 80millions isn't enough, hec i wan't more...:pie_grinning:

what makes you think most PS4 users want CP? if that would be the case i think we would know it by now, it's like 80millions isn't enough, hec i wan't more...:pie_grinning:

What makes you think most users want remote play or 4K support or want BC for the PS5? It's called choices but for some reason you seem adamant that every decision they are making on your behalf is what's best for you. Your attitude on this is garbage because you enjoy the division amongst gamers and are treating what should be an enjoyable hobby into a competition that's more about numbers than being sociable with fellow gamers.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Dumb.
Id love to know what part of your business model involved making choices that benefited your competitors but provided little to no benefit to you?
I mean if we're gonna boil everything down to fancy words like "choice" then please come with me to Walmart so I can be upset that they don't sell Amazon gift cards. Heck why doesnt Hulu give me the choose of watching their content on Netflix?

Last edited:

mad597

Banned
Its so clear from all the Sony defense force posts dealing with Sony's anti consumer practices that Sony fanboys value what's best for Sony over their own best interests and the best interests for gaming as a whole.

The gaming community just really needs to seperate them in their own little corner so they can shill for their favorite company and not give the impression that gamers as a whole want less choice and want a single dominant platform holder to take advantage of them. Sony fans are pretty much begging Sony to fleece them. So sad and pathetic.

You pretty much now have actual Gamers and in the corner Sony fans trying to screw everything up to protect the interests of their corportate over lords.

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
That's some really fine marketing talk bullshit by Yoshida. Saying things like this certainly won't increase Sony's reputation.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
What makes you think most users want remote play or 4K support or want BC for the PS5? It's called choices but for some reason you seem adamant that every decision they are making on your behalf is what's best for you. Your attitude on this is garbage because you enjoy the division amongst gamers and are treating what should be an enjoyable hobby into a competition that's more about numbers than being sociable with fellow gamers.
Your attitude is garbage becauss you somehow feel entitled to a feature that doesnt benefit Sony in anyway, but could actually hurt their position. Nobody who doesnt have a PS4 is going to decide to buy one so they can play Fortnite against their Xbox buddies. Have fun arguing otherwise.

The holidays are going to be fun because Sony will sell a ton of PS4s showing that crossplay really doesnt matter.

Last edited:
Id love to know what part of your business model involved making choices that benefited your competitors but provided little to no benefit to you?
I mean if we're gonna boil everything down to fancy words like "choice" then please come with me to Walmart so I can be upset that they don't sell Amazon gift cards. Heck why doesnt Hulu give me the choose of watching their content on Netflix?

Does it cost you $300 to not go to Walmart and buy an Amazon gift card? No, you can easily get it somewhere else or buy it online. Can you or can you not subscribe to Hulu and Netflix and play it on your same TV? This is like Sony coming out with a TV and telling you it will not play Hulu but will play Netflix. Is that something you are going to support?

Your attitude is garbage becauss you somehow feel entitled to a feature that doesnt benefit Sony in anyway, but could actually hurt their position. Nobody who doesnt have a PS4 is going to decide to buy one so they can play Fortnite against their Xbox buddies. Have fun arguing otherwise.

The holidays are going to be fun because Sony will sell a ton of PS4s showing that crossplay really doesnt matter.

Are you a consumer or a shareholder? Last I checked this forum is for gamers, not shareholders and your continued attitude towards Xbox and singling them out shows the shit attitude Sony has manifested into making rivalries all the more apparent.

Last edited:

mad597

Banned
Does it cost you $300 to not go to Walmart and buy an Amazon gift card? No, you can easily get it somewhere else or buy it online. Can you or can you not subscribe to Hulu and Netflix and play it on your same TV? This is like Sony coming out with a TV and telling you it will not play Hulu but will play Netflix. Is that something you are going to support?

Are you a consumer or a shareholder? Last I checked this forum is for gamers, not shareholders.

Sony fans don't want choice. They made that clear when Sony denied EA Access and Sony fans praised Sony for giving them less choice.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Are you a consumer or a shareholder? Last I checked this forum is for gamers, not shareholders and your continued attitude towards Xbox and singling them out shows the shit attitude Sony has manifested into making rivalries all the more apparent.
Attitude towards Xbox? Please show me the post where I bashed Xbox. In fact with the release of the 1X they're my preferred console.

Sony fans don't want choice. They made that clear when Sony denied EA Access and Sony fans praised Sony for giving them less choice.

I think it's become apparent this is not really about not wanting choices but some deep rooted fanboy attitude and Sony is partially to blame for this. They are essentially creating a rabid fanbase who treat consoles like sports teams. Maybe it's good they block it because some of these people try their hardest to not even get along on an open forum like this.

Darius87

No i don't even care for cp i look from bussines perspective like what i would do in sony place, there's no division among gamers except PS4 and Xbox users, but that's normal because they're in same markershare(consoles), but i get what you're saying better have choices then don't, but in this particular case for sony there's only 1 good choice and that's just ignore cp, bad choice would be join with xbox which really doesn't add that much except, more players which is not necessary giving that there's already 80million userbase for PS4 which is more then enough.

Attitude towards Xbox? Please show me the post where I bashed Xbox. In fact with the release of the 1X they're my preferred console.

Your snide remark, have fun playing Fortnite with Xbox buddies is a clear signal you have an attitude. It was actually the Nintendo Switch that really brought the issue out in the open but we all know PlayStation and Xbox rivalries is what keeps forums the most active because they both attract pretty much the same experience and try and split the same third party support.

Then you go on about sales and how fun that is going to be and how this benefits Sony. It benefits them the same way mobile and tablets and PC support does, it give a wider array of people to play against. So why would you think any differently if Switch and Xbox was added? That's the real crux to it all, how you as a consumer seem to argue in Sony's favor as though that means something. It means nothing to you, all you should be concerned about is your enjoyment and blocking it doesn't add anything, in fact it reduces it.

No i don't even care for cp i look from bussines perspective like what i would do in sony place, there's no division among gamers except PS4 and Xbox users, but that's normal because they're in same markershare(consoles), but i get what you're saying better have choices then don't, but in this particular case for sony there's only 1 good choice and that's just ignore cp, bad choice would be join with xbox which really doesn't add that much except, more players which is not necessary giving that there's already 80million userbase for PS4 which is more then enough.

If you didn't care you wouldn't be going into threads about it. You seem protective of a faceless company that would treat you no differently than anyone else. Your loyalty is not going to be rewarded so why bother?

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

I was glad they turned down EA Access simply because I think had they not, pretty much every major publisher with major annualized properties would have jumped on the bandwagon by now. I do not see an upside to proliferating these subscription based services.

mad597

Banned
I was glad they turned down EA Access simply because I think had they not, pretty much every major publisher with major annualized properties would have jumped on the bandwagon by now. I do not see an upside to proliferating these subscription based services.

Example #1, Sony fans don't want choice, don't want the market to play out on these new options and would rather Sony snuff them cause daddy knows best. Hey maybe let people decide for themselves if they think a Netflix/Game sub service is a value to them? As we have seen EA Access did not mean the end to traditional gaming purchases and it helped pave the way for Game Pass which is an incredible value.

FranXico

Well, that's up to the market to decide, not a single company. And if that business model is indeed unsustainable, it will just die out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom