• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Angst

amar212 said:
Well, I will tell you a story. You will read it, you will acknowledge what it tells but in matter of one page from now you will completely forget it in order to fully back up your personal opinion.

I run a small dedicated virtual-racing community fro more than 5 years now. We also have more than 10 years of legacy since founders of the community are virtually and practically racing together fro more than decade.

Among our *founder* members are Croatian rally vice-champion with FIA experience and FIA license, guy who races for 20 years and have made tens of thousands of kilometres in both racing, rallying and testing all types of cars available on every surface known to man.

Another member is professional drifter, long-time member of Croatian Drifting Team and guy who invested everything he have to satisfy his real-ife passion for cars.

Third guy is semi-professional motorbike racer, avid car enthusiast and tester for cars.

Besides them, many of us who are not into real-life professional racing on daily basis have had a chance to take our real-life cars to race tracks and race them there during many Test Track drives with real cars, on real tracks and real racing conditions. So we pretty much know "what it should feel like anyways". Majority of *founder* members are people aged 32 and above - average is almost 35 at this point - with driving licences, cars and shared passion for automotive in general.

During past decade we all spontaneously gathered around Gran Turismo series. Worth noting is how all of us have also virtually raced all other racing games, mainly PC simulations: from Geoff Crammond GP series, rFactor, GTR games, GT Legends, LFS, Richard Burns Rally, NetKar, iRacing to all imaginable *simcade* console racers.

But at the end we all just stopped playing all of those other games and focused are passion in Gran Turismo.

When you ask our pro-rally guy what he finds accurate in Gran Turismo he will always say that no other game can capture feel of tires on the surface and to the force feedback wheel as good as GT games does. He highlights handling of the chasis and simulation of suspension over slopes as example that no other game can match. His favorite example of real-life accuracy is driving a RUF BTR on Sports Hard tires what he finds an ultimate simulation of tire/suspension behaviour in the genre.

Our drift-guy highlights low-speed physics and behaviour of comfort-hard tires/suspension modelling with pin-point perfect accuracy of handling as something that no other driving game can achieve. He plays LFS for ultimative low-speed-physics experience, but he finds LFS lacking very much in suspension department.

Our bike-guy also highlights tire/suspension behaviour and feel of the vehicle on the force feedback wheel. He also highlights Tourist Trophy as a game that introduced him to world of Polyphony Digital simulations and he finds it the best bike-simulator game ever conceived that led him to overcome scepticism towards consoles and bite into GT series without prejudice.

I personally have deep passion for implementation of sensation of tire-threshold through force feedback wheels. No other game I know allows me such smooth and precise handling with other cars in close vicinity. No other game puts so much emphasis on road cars, racing stock-value cars on regular compounds. No other game allows for such vast variety of vehicles/classes and types of vehicles. Also I have deep respect to unique maintenance/ownership philosophy of GT series that no other game even tries to compete with and which I find both intriguing and worth admiring from perspective of overal genre. Those are just some of the reasons I love GT series more than other driving games.

All of us also agree about another point - we want to see a game that will make all things above better than GT series does. We want to find that game that will make us to elevate current levels of virtual driving-sensation as GT series does. During past 7 years all of us were very interested in all new franchises that tried to walk the path that GT series established. We tried everything, from Enthusia over Sega GT, Ferrari Challenge games, Shift games, Codemasters titles, we tried to embrace new PC titles, some of members of my community invested a small fortunes into iRacing and rFactor... Few of us got into Forza series from the very beginning and very serious and we really hoped it will evolve into something that will allow us the same level of commitment into creating a believable virtual sensation of racing. But it just didn't happened. Everything came back to Gran Turismo.

Why? I really can't give you any logical and simple explanation. It is just matter of subjective and personal feel. We are all aware the many shortcomings of Gran Turismo. But we are also aware there is no perfect driving simulation outthere. We unanimously agree how all shortcomings of GT are vastly being overcome by its real accomplishments. When all of us put everything on the table, there is no driving game that can give as an allrounded experience as GT series provides.

More than ten years ago I said that many driving games maybe have something that Gran Turismo series does not have, but how no other driving game have what Gran Turismo has.

Once decade later and nothing has changed. At least not for me, and not for majority of members of my community who are still trying to find a game that will deliver the same amount of passion for automotive and actual driving sensation as GT series does on everyday basis. Until that day Gran Turismo series really remains the indisputable winner in category it basically invented 14 years ago. As far as virtual recreation of sensation of actual driving can go with technology affordable to mortal people, Gran Turismo really is the only real driving simulator. And as far as we are concerned - it is the only thing that really matters.
Quoted because it deserves to be on top of the page and not forgotten at the end of a page.

Very well written and interesting to read about the experiences of real life racing drivers.

Toxa

6165263776_cf9e6b5a9d_b.jpg

CozMick

Banned
amar212 has officially won this thread!

We as gamers and pedestrian drivers may think we know about simulators but when asking a pro driver his personal opinion and is not somehow funded/hired by a said developer which is the most realistic driving experience...

And he say's Gran Turismo....

Well, 60fps and handling opinions are void.

amar212 said:
Well, I will tell you a story. You will read it, you will acknowledge what it tells but in matter of one page from now you will completely forget it in order to fully back up your personal opinion.

I run a small dedicated virtual-racing community fro more than 5 years now. We also have more than 10 years of legacy since founders of the community are virtually and practically racing together fro more than decade.

Among our *founder* members are Croatian rally vice-champion with FIA experience and FIA license, guy who races for 20 years and have made tens of thousands of kilometres in both racing, rallying and testing all types of cars available on every surface known to man.

Another member is professional drifter, long-time member of Croatian Drifting Team and guy who invested everything he have to satisfy his real-ife passion for cars.

Third guy is semi-professional motorbike racer, avid car enthusiast and tester for cars.

Besides them, many of us who are not into real-life professional racing on daily basis have had a chance to take our real-life cars to race tracks and race them there during many Test Track drives with real cars, on real tracks and real racing conditions. So we pretty much know "what it should feel like anyways". Majority of *founder* members are people aged 32 and above - average is almost 35 at this point - with driving licences, cars and shared passion for automotive in general.

During past decade we all spontaneously gathered around Gran Turismo series. Worth noting is how all of us have also virtually raced all other racing games, mainly PC simulations: from Geoff Crammond GP series, rFactor, GTR games, GT Legends, LFS, Richard Burns Rally, NetKar, iRacing to all imaginable *simcade* console racers.

But at the end we all just stopped playing all of those other games and focused are passion in Gran Turismo.

When you ask our pro-rally guy what he finds accurate in Gran Turismo he will always say that no other game can capture feel of tires on the surface and to the force feedback wheel as good as GT games does. He highlights handling of the chasis and simulation of suspension over slopes as example that no other game can match. His favorite example of real-life accuracy is driving a RUF BTR on Sports Hard tires what he finds an ultimate simulation of tire/suspension behaviour in the genre.

Our drift-guy highlights low-speed physics and behaviour of comfort-hard tires/suspension modelling with pin-point perfect accuracy of handling as something that no other driving game can achieve. He plays LFS for ultimative low-speed-physics experience, but he finds LFS lacking very much in suspension department.

Our bike-guy also highlights tire/suspension behaviour and feel of the vehicle on the force feedback wheel. He also highlights Tourist Trophy as a game that introduced him to world of Polyphony Digital simulations and he finds it the best bike-simulator game ever conceived that led him to overcome scepticism towards consoles and bite into GT series without prejudice.

I personally have deep passion for implementation of sensation of tire-threshold through force feedback wheels. No other game I know allows me such smooth and precise handling with other cars in close vicinity. No other game puts so much emphasis on road cars, racing stock-value cars on regular compounds. No other game allows for such vast variety of vehicles/classes and types of vehicles. Also I have deep respect to unique maintenance/ownership philosophy of GT series that no other game even tries to compete with and which I find both intriguing and worth admiring from perspective of overal genre. Those are just some of the reasons I love GT series more than other driving games.

All of us also agree about another point - we want to see a game that will make all things above better than GT series does. We want to find that game that will make us to elevate current levels of virtual driving-sensation as GT series does. During past 7 years all of us were very interested in all new franchises that tried to walk the path that GT series established. We tried everything, from Enthusia over Sega GT, Ferrari Challenge games, Shift games, Codemasters titles, we tried to embrace new PC titles, some of members of my community invested a small fortunes into iRacing and rFactor... Few of us got into Forza series from the very beginning and very serious and we really hoped it will evolve into something that will allow us the same level of commitment into creating a believable virtual sensation of racing. But it just didn't happened. Everything came back to Gran Turismo.

Why? I really can't give you any logical and simple explanation. It is just matter of subjective and personal feel. We are all aware the many shortcomings of Gran Turismo. But we are also aware there is no perfect driving simulation outthere. We unanimously agree how all shortcomings of GT are vastly being overcome by its real accomplishments. When all of us put everything on the table, there is no driving game that can give as an allrounded experience as GT series provides.

More than ten years ago I said that many driving games maybe have something that Gran Turismo series does not have, but how no other driving game have what Gran Turismo has.

Once decade later and nothing has changed. At least not for me, and not for majority of members of my community who are still trying to find a game that will deliver the same amount of passion for automotive and actual driving sensation as GT series does on everyday basis. Until that day Gran Turismo series really remains the indisputable winner in category it basically invented 14 years ago. As far as virtual recreation of sensation of actual driving can go with technology affordable to mortal people, Gran Turismo really is the only real driving simulator. And as far as we are concerned - it is the only thing that really matters.

citizen_cane.gif

I always wanted to know your back story amar and how you managed to know stuff no one else did.

Amazing read amar, thanks!

Xanadu said:
its not how the game really looks
Dude, that's like the 10th time you said that. Yes it is. It is how the game looks if it's displayed on a tiny gif. Go start an online lounge and set weather to 50% and changeability to 2, then come back and say that's not how the game looks.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
tusken77 said:
lol

Yep, we can all pack our bags and go home. Show's over, guys. See you again for GT6 v F5!

Don't you mean Forza 5 vs GT5?

Also great post amar, always good to hear from people that have track experience.

Snubbers

Metalmurphy said:
citizen_cane.gif

I always wanted to know your back story amar and how you managed to know stuff no one else did.

Amazing read amar, thanks!

If all you want is a superficial spin on how the game feels, the guys a legend..

But for everything else, it sounds like just another persons opinion to be honest..

Millions of people drive cars, and a lot of people do drive their own cars to/beyond the limit on road and sometimes track as well, yet of all of those, everyone seems to still have differing opinions about the various games.. Which is actually understandable, because the games are indeed so far removed from reality in terms of the fact they are just games trying to give a sense of 'feedback' etc that being in Motorsport only qualifies you to give some outline top level handling characteristics of the same car you drive on the track..

http://www.evo.co.uk/forza4/

Read that, it's a guy that has a reputation for being a credible driver and journo, and if you where daft enough to accept everything he says at face value, you'd think FM4 was the best game ever.. But, you have to put it in context..

Or perhaps when Antony Davidson was helping develop F1 2010, and said all sorts of nice things about it, that F1 2010 is a physics masterpiece?

C'mon, get a grip people!

Snubbers said:
If all you want is a superficial spin on how the game feels, the guys a legend..

But for everything else, it sounds like just another persons opinion to be honest..

Millions of people drive cars, and a lot of people do drive their own cars to/beyond the limit on road and sometimes track as well, yet of all of those, everyone seems to still have differing opinions about the various games.. Which is actually understandable, because the games are indeed so far removed from reality in terms of the fact they are just games trying to give a sense of 'feedback' etc that being in Motorsport only qualifies you to give some outline top level handling characteristics of the same car you drive on the track..

[]http://www.evo.co.uk/forza4/[/]

Read that, it's a guy that has a reputation for being a credible driver and journo, and if you where daft enough to accept everything he says at face value, you'd think FM4 was the best game ever.. But, you have to put it in context..

One persons? I counted at least 4 on that post alone. And even if it was just a persons opinion, I'd take his over yours any time.

Also, bookmarked, will watch later. @ work now.

Snubbers

Metalmurphy said:
One persons? I counted at least 4 on that post alone. And even if it was just a persons opinion, I'd take his over yours any time.

Of course you would, the standard justification superficiality always rears it's head..

Seek out and agree with every positive thing you can find about a game you are openly passionate about, whilst dismissing anything more balanced or negative..

Am I bothered? No.. I'm impressed that some people have the ability to mentally commit to just a 'game' in this almost religious manner..

Bravo..

Angst

Pepto said:
So GT fans that have invested huge amount of time over the years prefer it over other games? I wouldn't have expected that.
He specifically said that all of them have played almost every racing game under the sun and you read that as "we're a bunch of GT fanbois, lulz. Forz4 sucks"?

Pepto

Banned
Angst said:
He specifically said that all of them have played almost every racing game under the sun and you read that as "we're a bunch of GT fanbois, lulz. Forz4 sucks"?
In case you missed it I wrote "So GT fans that have invested huge amount of time over the years prefer it over other games? I wouldn't have expected that."

Ploid 3.0

The part that I paid attention to is that his group all are actively seeking for something better, spending a lot of money into finding it. They aren't exactly settling for GT5, they want something more.

Wazzim

Banned
@Amar With all respect but your opinion (or that of your community) is still your opinion.
I just cannot believe that someone can honestly say that GT (5) gives a gameplay experience more raw than games like RFactor or iRacing. Maybe it's just because GT feels/is far easier than those games to me and/or has a big mainstream appeal.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Snubbers said:
Of course you would, the standard justification superficiality always rears it's head..

Seek out and agree with every positive thing you can find about a game you are openly passionate about, whilst dismissing anything more balanced or negative..

Am I bothered? No.. I'm impressed that some people have the ability to mentally commit to just a 'game' in this almost religious manner..

Bravo..

Dude, your really trying waaaay tooo hard, your posts are very transparent, you act as if your trying to be impartial when that is blatantly not the case.

The problem is you think just because someone prefers one game over another that they are religiously committed to it, it's the same as idiots that think everybody has to like every games platform equally, I've played both Forza and GT, initially I preferred Forza as it was easier to control, especially cornering, but now I much prefer GT as I find it's physics are 'closer' to real life, yes it's a game, we all know that, and it's nothing like driving a real car, I think we know that also, but GT is closer in terms to physics to real driving than Forza is imo, I'm sorry.

Angst

Pepto said:
In case you missed it I wrote "So GT fans that have invested huge amount of time over the years prefer it over other games? I wouldn't have expected that."
Thanks for spelling it out. There was certainly no irony in your first post. Gotcha.

jaypah

I was always under the impression that the PC had the best Sims. Guess you learn something new every day. I'm extremely new to sim racing with GT5 being the first one I've invested time in but isn't one of the more popular PC Sims expensive as hell? Like, what the fuck are they paying for if all of these drivers prefer a 60 dollar game? is it the online structure or amount of cars/tracks or something along those lines?

Snubbers said:

Bravo..
Haha, You think that's why?

You don't think it has something to do with how arrogant your previous post was and the fact that you have no credibility compared to amar?

As if you're the only one who played more then just Forza or GT and has a the only valid/correct opinion.

Many people here, who you stupidly crammed together in the "about 20 people who are so 'blinded' by GT" have played many other games and are perfectibility capable of forming their own opinion with your enlightenment.

I for example have played GTR, GTR2, Race Pro, LFS, rFactor, the new C.A.R.S. build (which is amazing btw), Supercar Challenge, Forza 3, etc etc etc and even the arcade games with "sim" masks like grid, shift, etc. I still prefer GT5 over all of them, and I'm supposed to be naive because you say so?

Get over your self.

Angst said:

The fuck? Did you even read his post? Why are GT fanboys grasping for straws so much?

Also, I agree with Snubbers. People are choosing what they want to believe and see due to their bias. What the fuck is up with this thread? Now, universal reviews don't matter, are cherry-picked and ignored, and FPS doesn't matter, and exaggerated to be only marginal, but gifs that look nothing like the game matter? Random lengthy opinions matter? Sales matter? The same people keep responding to these things with "it's over, lock it up and see you next time." Seems desperate.

You mean to tell me Sony's biggest franchise sells alot due to name and it's a big deal? Whoa, Halo and Call of Duty must be the best of the best. Halo 3 selling more than all PS3 shooters combined with the reviews to match must mean it's clearly superior, amirite? Lol @ the guy who keeps mentioning GT5 demo outselling Forza. Straw grasping at it's finest.

Infamous Chris said:
The fuck? Did you even read his post? Why are GT fanboys grasping for straws so much?

Also, I agree with Snubbers. People are choosing what they want to believe and see due to their bias. What the fuck is up with this thread? Now, universal reviews don't matter, are cherry-picked and ignored, and FPS doesn't matter, and exaggerated to be only marginal, but gifs that look nothing like the game matter? Random lengthy opinions matter? Sales matter? The same people keep responding to these things with "it's over, lock it up and see you next time." Seems desperate.

You mean to tell me Sony's biggest franchise sells alot due to name and it's a big deal? Whoa, Halo and Call of Duty must be the best of the best. Halo 3 selling more than all PS3 shooters combined with the reviews to match must mean it's clearly superior, amirite? Lol @ the guy who keeps mentioning GT5 demo outselling Forza. Straw grasping at it's finest.

Oh the irony...

jaypah

^^^ it does seem funny that after all of the bickering a guy posts his opinion and people say " well, that's it thread over!". Not that he's wrong. Or right. An opinion is kind of neither.

Edit: and before anyone gets defensive I didn't mean funny as in suspicious, I meant I literally found it humorous.

Dibbz

Infamous Chris said:
but gifs that look nothing like the game matter
Wait what? How is a direct feed capture from GT5 which is then turned into a gif look nothing like the game? And you say everyone else is grasping at straws?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
gutterboy44 said:
So by your standard, installing a 10 year old PC racing game and having it run at 300fps is probably the most realistic racing simulation to date. Why settle for 60? 600fps or bust.

Forza 4: The Real Framerate Simulator

I can't believe people who are trying to prove the merits of a RACING GAME are obsessed with 1-10 fps difference. It is like saying France is a better country because it is closer to Russia.
I think you're mistaking my intentions here. I don't own Forza, I have no intentions of buying Forza, and I will probably never play it. This is about GT5, which is a game I actually quite enjoy.

I can tell you very easily why 60 fps works for me and 300 fps does not. My displays are 60 Hz and, therefore, a framerate that is perfectly in sync with my display is absolutely critical. A framerate above 60 fps is almost as bad as one below. To go beyond 60, you would have to completely disable v-sync which would result in egregious tearing.

I can actually put up with 30 fps pretty well even as long as it is 99% consistent. It's the dips that are problematic as they do not perfectly sync up with the monitor resulting in either tearing or judder. If they don't bother you, that's fine, but they ARE there and that is a fact. That's simply the nature of these displays.

KKRT00 said:
I'm pretty sure that experimentally i would prove that its more Your imagination that factual ability to differentiate 58 from 60, or even 50, to 60.

Seriously there are people that dont notice drops to 20 fps from 30, and thats 33% of frames, and You are telling me that You see 2 fps drops in 60hz game...

I can agree that when You really try to focus You could probably see the difference from 60 to 50, but not in gameplay, no way.
Again, you need to understand WHY I can see those drops. 60 fps will sync up flawlessly with a 60 Hz monitor. If you drop to 58 fps, you lose this sync and the result will be inconsistent movement (judder) or tearing. I can deal with 50 fps, for instance, on a PAL 50 Hz monitor. It is still very smooth. 50 fps on a 60 Hz monitor, however, is quite ugly in comparison.

So I don't get it ... GT5 is better at physics and handling than iRacing and rFactor? The PC sims can't touch the realism that is GT5?

At least that saves me the trouble of trying the PC sims because I have an extra GT2 in my closet (no pedals though).

Good post amar, (still hope to meet you in Croatia next year!)

jaypah said:
^^^ it does seem funny that after all of the bickering a guy posts his opinion and people say " well, that's it thread over!". Not that he's wrong. Or right. An opinion is kind of neither.

Yet if his opinion mentioned Forza instead it would be discredited. I've never seen him post in Forza threads, only in GT5 threads, anyway.

p3tran

Banned
SDF full force assemble!!!

p.s. amar has bought forza4, doesnt matter if he posts on f4 topics or not.
still its his own personal preference in the above post, so I wanna see if he has altered opinion after a month or two.

dark10x said:
I think you're mistaking my intentions here. I don't own Forza, I have no intentions of buying Forza, and I will probably never play it. This is about GT5, which is a game I actually quite enjoy.

I can tell you very easily why 60 fps works for me and 300 fps does not. My displays are 60 Hz and, therefore, a framerate that is perfectly in sync with my display is absolutely critical. A framerate above 60 fps is almost as bad as one below. To go beyond 60, you would have to completely disable v-sync which would result in egregious tearing.

I can actually put up with 30 fps pretty well even as long as it is 99% consistent. It's the dips that are problematic as they do not perfectly sync up with the monitor resulting in either tearing or judder. If they don't bother you, that's fine, but they ARE there and that is a fact. That's simply the nature of these displays.

Again, you need to understand WHY I can see those drops. 60 fps will sync up flawlessly with a 60 Hz monitor. If you drop to 58 fps, you lose this sync and the result will be inconsistent movement (judder) or tearing. I can deal with 50 fps, for instance, on a PAL 50 Hz monitor. It is still very smooth. 50 fps on a 60 Hz monitor, however, is quite ugly in comparison.

I used to own an old CRT until a few weeks ago when it finally stop working, with 120Hz refresh rate @ 1280x1024 and games at 120fps didn't look that much smoother then 60fps. And that's DOUBLE the framerate. Now I have a shitty LCD with 60Hz and I can't tell the difference. Control delay wasn't changed either. You get to the a point where the difference is just inconsequential.

I agree tearing is much more distracting though.

Infamous Chris said:
Yet if his opinion mentioned Forza instead it would be discredited. I've never seen him post in Forza threads, only in GT5 threads, anyway.

He is randomly in the Forza threads. He has played them, I don't deny that. He's not active at all in them (pre launch kind of) but I respect his and his friends opinion. But it really sounds like they were all fans of GT, started on GT ... and that's a hard thing to break. "Giving a game a chance" and "actively looking for a replacement" can only go so far when you have over a decade of familiarity.

But like I said, he's a respectable person without an agenda, he just has an opinion. And honestly I can't disagree with him. It does shine in all areas, just not consistently. That's been my argument all along. Tearing really breaks immersion for me and being a "first year player" of GT5 and not experiencing Spec II I can't really comment on how that has been improved. I prefer (an opinion, just like amar's) Forza because of the way the whole package seems interconnected.

I almost wish that he would have said Forza at first as an experiment to see what others opinions would have been.

jaypah

Infamous Chris said:

Nah, I've watched this thread and others for a while as I was trying to decide which game to drop money on a wheel for. In the end GT was too much game to pass up. But I've seen him posting before and he seems genuine and devoid of the fanboy goggles. But it's still just some dudes opinion and its humorous that folks have latched on to it like gospel. If you championed GT throughout the thread then I guess I can understand why you'd latch on to a well written opinion favoring GT but to treat it as more than a dudes opinion is funny to me, that's all. Not trying to start any shit here as I don't have a stake in this battle, I just like games.

Angst

p3tran said:
SDF full force assemble!!!

p.s. amar has bought forza4, doesnt matter if he posts on f4 topics or not.
still its his own personal preference in the above post, so I wanna see if he has altered opinion after a month or two.
Absolutely agree. I put value into amar's opinion, not because he currently favours GT, but because he has a long history in playing racing games and I'm interested to hear what his opinion is in a couple of months.

And "gifs that looks nothing like the game". I'll never understand you people. The smallness of the gif gives it a better IQ and that's it. The game looks like the gif. Do you guys really think people use real life video, spend hours overlaying GT cockpits and HUD just to fool people in this thread?

SDF assemble? The current knee jerk is pretty much onesided the other way.

Angst said:
Absolutely agree. I put value into amar's opinion, not because he currently favours GT, but because he has a long history in playing racing games.

And "gifs that looks nothing like the game". I'll never understand you people. The smallness of the gif gives it a better IQ and that's it. The game looks like the gif. Do you guys really think people use real life video, spend hours overlaying GT cockpits and HUD just to fool people in this thread?

Honestly? I could see a few people in here doing that.

Angst said:
Absolutely agree. I put value into amar's opinion, not because he currently favours GT, but because he has a long history in playing racing games.

What I don't understand is why waste so much time arguing about it when you can just watch the 720p direct feed where it came from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAFPPg0OCPI&hd=1&t=00m44s

Angst

shinnn said:
Replay, inside a tunnel.. No gameplay footage. Lolz. Yeah, some cars sound good in GT5. Some five or six. hehe

lol @ amar...

a guy who exchanges a free preview copy of Forza to be a GT troll in the forums.
I think you have amar mistaken with someone else... He has never been fanboyish. Unless by troll you mean someone not agreeing with you.

Metalmurphy said:
What I don't understand is why waste so much time arguing about it when you can just watch the 720p direct feed where it came from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAFPPg0OCPI&hd=1&t=00m44s
The comments! This thread is suddenly a nice and welcoming thread. :D

panty

Great post Amar and it doesn't come as a surprise that all these fanatic Forza-fans bash it to the ground.

Time to leave this thread and go play some Gran Turismo 5, it's just better.

kazinova

People are getting too bitter in this thread, I use this coven of ridiculousness to brighten my day everyday, don't you get serious GT5 vs Forza thread! I can't quit you!

Angst said:
Absolutely agree. I put value into amar's opinion, not because he currently favours GT, but because he has a long history in playing racing games and I'm interested to hear what his opinion is in a couple of months.

SDF assemble? The current knee jerk is pretty much onesided the other way.

Again, what? Nobody is saying that. "omg it looks soo00 real it can't be a game!"

A zoomed in gif that the game doesn't look 98% like otherwise does not mean the "thread is over."

And of course you see the knee jerk that way. Dat rose-tinted shades viewpoint.

Snubbers

Metalmurphy said:
Haha, You think that's why?
You see it over and over and over again in this thread, so yes..

You don't think it has something to do with how arrogant your previous post was and the fact that you have no credibility compared to amar?
Arrogant? Or pointing out the irrationality in a more objective manner?
Amar is a nice guy, his opinion is perfectly valid, but he isn't overly credible to me, every time I read the gushing hyperbolous statements about GT that he makes, I can sense his passion, however it doesn't tie in with what I feel objectively to be the facts, so I take it in the context it is written, a passionate mans opinion on a game he adores.. For the record, it's the fact that him and his 'friends' seem to have a different version of the game where the tyre/grip FFB is the best in the business by a long chalk.. I don't share this feeling at all. I point out a simple test that shows at least that it requires some consideration, the lack of torque input to the FFB, and the general numbess of the tyres makes it one of the worst in this particular aspect of all the games I play.. Now, I'm an engineer who often deals in absolutes, when I see 'opinion' that differs from my own experiences with the games it naturally lowers the credibility of their statements as more likely hyperbolous opinion. I'm just being honest, I have zero issues with Amar, I respect his opinion, I just can't replicate or agree with some of it.

As if you're the only one who played more then just Forza or GT and has a the only valid/correct opinion.
Every one has their own opinion, it's deciphering facts from fiction that I tend to focus on, people act as if it's so complex or intangible that it can only be expressed by strong 'feelings'.. (;))

Many people here, who you stupidly crammed together in the "about 20 people who are so 'blinded' by GT" have played many other games and are perfectibility capable of forming their own opinion with your enlightenment.
Yes, my opinion, seeing the same insidious style of gif/youtube posting over and over again to defend a game not overly well received in the gaming world looks so irrational and desperate that it reminds me of the love only a person can have for their child..

I for example have played GTR, GTR2, Race Pro, LFS, rFactor, the new C.A.R.S. build (which is amazing btw), Supercar Challenge, Forza 3, etc etc etc and even the arcade games with "sim" masks like grid, shift, etc. I still prefer GT5 over all of them, and I'm supposed to be naive because you say so?
You would only be naive if you said that GT5 had the best simulation driving physics of them all.. or had you not realised the context under which I used the word 'naive'?

Get over your self.
I did many years ago, which is why I enjoy a lot about all the games and don't get hung up or irrational about any particular one..

:)

Top Bottom