• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

legbone

Well got it to boot in offline mode. But game tells me I need the latest update to play even though I'm offline. Thanks fuckers.

legbone

Chalk up another person here who can’t get the game working on Xbox One S. Helios, save us.

Checked gamefaqs out of curiosity. Seems widespread.

My buddy that is a Sony fanboy came over just to check out forza 7 on my 4k TV tonight. Not a good impression ms/turn 10.

2nrj8e.png

36zkdv.png

19akzv.png

Nick_C

Does this seem to be an exclusivley Xbox One S issue? I'd try on mine but I haven't even downloaded it. It's working on PC, for what it's worth.

Ugh. Tried searching for it on Twitter and it's mostly the same, "700 cars, 30 destinations..." BS.

nikos

I haven't been able to play online on PC. Every time I choose a Multiplayer mode, it fails to acquire server data.

Anyone else experiencing this? I don't have XBL, but I don't think it matters on PC. It prompts me to join on my Xbox.

For anyone the pre-ordered the game digitally on Amazon, have you guys received your driver gear (pre-order bonus)? I still haven't gotten anything. I sent an e-mail an hour ago to customer service to see what's up, but I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me.

Nick_C

Just out of curiosity, what's the issue with the Polaris RZR series? I've seen it here and in a video that it's generally not well received.

mrmyth

Just out of curiosity, what's the issue with the Polaris RZR series? I've seen it here and in a video that it's generally not well received.

It highlights the fact that the AI doesn't get better, it cheats on higher difficulty. The Polaris buggy is hot garbage on a track, but the AI drives them like Tron bikes. I was able to tune mine by lowering the suspension and making it softer, but I still had to bang the AI off every corner because I couldn't let them pass me on straights.
And this was supposed to be a race where every car was the same.

Nick_C

It highlights the fact that the AI doesn't get better, it cheats on higher difficulty. The Polaris buggy is hot garbage on a track, but the AI drives them like Tron bikes. I was able to tune mine by lowering the suspension and making it softer, but I still had to bang the AI off every corner because I couldn't let them pass me on straights.

Figured it was the AI. Drivatars seem to have no spatial awareness, add in some perfect race lines and impossible speed and braking and it really highlights the problem. I think for FM8 they need to overhaul Drivatars, because no one on my friends list drives like they do.

EDIT: Woof, Maple Valley highlights this. I'm in 8th until lap 10 with times between 54 and 56 seconds. I notice halfway through 10 that I'm starting to actually gain on 7th, so I start driving slower. Heavy braking, driving outside the optimal line, stuff like that. End the race in 4th with lap times over 56 seconds. Wonder what'll happen if I put the AI to the lowest setting?

Mad1723

Every race, I curse at the physics while watching the other cars just glide through corners while I'm feeling like I have to wrestle with a bear on roller skates. GT3 cars shouldn't slide like they do, they're on massive slicks. I watched the InsideSim Racing review and I agree that the game needs the stability control assist to feel even remotely close to the real cars grip level.

Spasm

Does this seem to be an exclusivley Xbox One S issue? I'd try on mine but I haven't even downloaded it. It's working on PC, for what it's worth.

Ugh. Tried searching for it on Twitter and it's mostly the same, "700 cars, 30 destinations..." BS.

Regular Xbox One here. Well, Elite, not regular, but still not an S. Can't launch the game.

So I logged in just now and got my free cars, it said I got 1,000,000 big ones, but i did not. When i go to purchase a car i only have 40k. Am I fucked?

Go to your messages to DL the credits. And the cars.

Edit:

Well shit. I was just going off of the changelist detailed in this post.

Unrelated to your question, but are you playing on PC or Xbox One?

I'm on PC, got all the messages about the cars and credits, but only received the cars. I got the Downloading message after clicking on each item. Maybe it will just take a few minutes.

Well shit, all my messages are gone, and I doubled checked the cars I receive and I only got the NSX. man this blows.

Spasm

I'm on PC, got all the messages about the cars and credits, but only received the cars. I got the Downloading message after clicking on each item. Maybe it will just take a few minutes.

Well shit, all my messages are gone, and I doubled checked the cars I receive and I only got the NSX. man this blows.

I wouldn't worry about it. There's some whacky shit going on tonight. Xboxers can't launch the game... Official forums are down... Check back tomorrow before getting too bummed.

Ascenion

I just purchased this tonight. Absolutely unacceptable that I cannot launch the title. This needs to be fixed, and I don’t mean tomorrow, I mean now.

LOLCats

Banned
Woah, this is some unfortunate shit right here. Feel for you guys having troubles. That frustration is difficult to deal with sometimes.

WRC 7 is still downloading so I'm playing Forza 6 now and holy shit guys, the handling in 6 is so much better. I don't know, maybe just me but same cars I used in 7 behave and drive so much better in 6.

It looks like the files on LIVE are down.

When I try downloading it, it says its already installed but means the Hoonigans add on is yet confuses it for base game.

edit: HOLY SHIT MY SCREEN JUST WENT ALL FUZZY

The game still won't start for me, tried like 20 times, restarted console many times and nothing, same as was before. Tried on all my consoles. Day One Edition Xbox One, Forza Limted Edition Xbox One and Xbox one S and none of them will run the game.

They asked me to do a power cycle (full shutdown, unplug power cable, etc). Didn't work.

Still waiting for response. I've been sending them videos of me doing all this

DJ_Lae

Huh, mine's jacked as well, tried completely rebooting but nothing. Worked earlier today, was looking forward to relaxing with a bit of racing before bed.

Wonder how quick the PC version would download, haven't tried it yet.

Helios the problem is not fixed, please report to the team. many people still can't start the game even after all the troubleshooting and full reboots the game still not working.

zorbsie

Just did the Ariel Nomad series. The wheels of the vehicle aren't solid. They go through each other. The body work of the vehicle is solid. Strange bug, considering the open wheel racers don't suffer from this.

well I bought the game on a whim and it turns out it doesn't work at all. This is the flagship Xbox game for this year, and it won't even start on Xbox One S. I'm floored right now.

This should be resolved. Thanks everyone for their patience.

Nope. It's not. I can't even install the goddamn thing after having uninstalled it.

Top Bottom