• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

DJ_Lae

Just did the Ariel Nomad series. The wheels of the vehicle aren't solid. They go through each other. The body work of the vehicle is solid. Strange bug, considering the open wheel racers don't suffer from this.

Haha, I thought it was a bug for one particular race, but in hindsight it probably just showed up most in Rio because of the narrow tracks.

b80PRAl.jpg

I took a few angles because it amused me.

zorbsie

Haha, I thought it was a bug for one particular race, but in hindsight it probably just showed up most in Rio because of the narrow tracks.

I took a few angles because it amused me.

Yup that's exactly what I was experiencing. Happened on every track for that series.

How difficult is it to get a refund on the MS store? I bought this game and haven't been able to play it all day on Xbox. Now we're being told the issue is resolved, and yet I and many other people can't even download the files to install the game or launch the damn thing. And that's insane. This is a piss poor first impression for Forza 7 and I don't think I'll be able to get over it.

How difficult is it to get a refund on the MS store? I bought this game and haven't been able to play it all day on Xbox. Now we're being told the issue is resolved, and yet I and many other people can't even download the files to install the game or launch the damn thing. And that's insane. This is a piss poor first impression for Forza 7 and I don't think I'll be able to get over it.

I've seen a number of people get refunds from microsoft on digital games as long as your play time is pretty low, like 2-3 hours. If you haven't been able to play I'd definitely contact them if you want a refund, and don't run/install it. You will probably need to call though, maybe try the email links on the support pages.

I haven't had a chance to play at all today, slammed with RL stuff, but I'd remind everyone to login to the forza rewards every friday to get free money (for all forza games), I got 275k at T9. You can redeem on the website, the app, forza hub, whatever and claim the money in the game, it'll be under messages.
https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-US

Also don't forget to go daily to the xbox rewards website, until Oct 13th they are running a daily sweepstake that gives possible ingame FM7 prizes. I just got the Hoonigan car pack today and previously got the blue driver suit, not bad for 30 seconds of time. I think the daily reset is 5pm PST but not sure. If you just click the share button (but don't have to retweet) you get an extra shot every day.
https://rewards.xbox.com/en-US/forza-7-virtual-key-sweepstakes/

Also a bit ironic forzathon starts tomorrow and I'll probably be able to do the FH3 version before I can do the FM7 version, assuming it even goes up tomorrow.

Nick_C

Huh, mine's jacked as well, tried completely rebooting but nothing. Worked earlier today, was looking forward to relaxing with a bit of racing before bed.

Wonder how quick the PC version would download, haven't tried it yet.

Takes me about an hour to download, but I'm pulling ~175Mbps.

Fox Mulder

They standard refund if you've played less than 2 hours. All the issues with the game may make them more lenient with refunds past that though according to some people on Reddit.

xrnzaaas

Just got 225k from Forza Rewards (tier 8), good to know that the payout didn't drop to the ultra low levels after all (although I would prefer 275k ;)).

I enjoyed my session yesterday except for the Polaris cup. Every corner in that shitty golfcart is like this:
111btzsx.jpg

and waiting for the car to suddenly snap at you. It was particularly annoying in Maple Valley because of its long corners.

God I hate Virginia Raceway. Like a poor mans Nordschleife. Dramatic looking in a thunder storm but God did I hate driving on it in a fucking high powered FR car.

danowat

Banned
Regarding the AI.

When you accept what the AI in Forza are there for, you can have a better experience.

They aren't there to race the player, they are there to present an obstacle that the player needs to overcome to earn more credits.

Its the reason why qualifying has never been implemented, and why you always start at a middle position on the grid

I am considering buying this for pc atm. Now Im not going to buy the vip pass or anything "extra", only the game. With all the talk about loot boxes etc (which I loathe) im wondering how big of a deal they are in this game? You can use them to change the racing conditions from my understanding and get extra credits. Is using them a must? If I dont use them do I lose a lot of credits and how big of a difference does it make?

You meant the Blind Corners Raceway, right?

Fuck yes, I had a race there in darkish conditions in the rain and I just had hell trying to know when the corners came!

I had the track in FM6 too, but never raced it enough to get familiar with it, guess I'll just have to get gud.

Nick_C

Fuck yes, I had a race there in darkish conditions in the rain and I just had hell trying to know when the corners came!

I had the track in FM6 too, but never raced it enough to get familiar with it, guess I'll just have to get gud.

Keep an eye out for markers on the sides of the track. That's how I got through the overcast/thunderstorm race earlier today.

I've raced exclusively in cockpit mode since Colin McRae Rally '04. That's not really a POV that lends itself to getting a great view of the upcoming turns, especially following a crest. For instance, the first turn after the starting line has two sets of cones on the left side which I used to signal my "braking zone." If I started pumping the brakes when my nose passed the first cone I'd be able to take the turn at an ideal speed.

I spend a lot less time looking at gauges racing like this. It helps me keep track of tire grip too, especially when I'm starting to hit a turn a little too fast.

Try it out. It may work for you.

MaLDo

Has anyone else bought the pc game in the Russian store?

I bought the card codes, then used them in the russian store to buy the standard edition. The game was added in my ms account and appeared in my windows store. After installing the game, I can launch it, but when the game ask me to "push a button to start", a green XBOX|Windows10 popup appears and then closes and the game holds in the same startup screen "push a button to start".

Microsoft support says is a problem with the game bought in a different store (country) than my user/computer is.

They offered me a refund but I will end with russian virtual money that I can't spend in my local store.

Any suggestions? I'm fucked?

Keep an eye out for markers on the sides of the track. That's how I got through the overcast/thunderstorm race earlier today.

I've raced exclusively in cockpit mode since Colin McRae Rally '04. That's not really a POV that lends itself to getting a great view of the upcoming turns, especially following a crest. For instance, the first turn after the starting line has two sets of cones on the left side which I used to signal my "braking zone." If I started pumping the brakes when my nose passed the first cone I'd be able to take the turn at an ideal speed.

I spend a lot less time looking at gauges racing like this. It helps me keep track of tire grip too, especially when I'm starting to hit a turn a little too fast.

Try it out. It may work for you.

Thanks! Appreciated! I'll give it a go the next time it pops up in the singleplayer :)

Skyr

Has anyone else bought the pc game in the Russian store?

I bought the card codes, then used them in the russian store to buy the standard edition. The game was added in my ms account and appeared in my windows store. After installing the game, I can launch it, but when the game ask me to "push a button to start", a green XBOX|Windows10 popup appears and then closes and the game holds in the same startup screen "push a button to start".

Microsoft support says is a problem with the game bought in a different store (country) than my user/computer is.

They offered me a refund but I will end with russian virtual money that I can't spend in my local store.

Any suggestions? I'm fucked?

Hm that's weird.
I'm german and bought from the hong kong store just fine.
Never had problems running games from another windows store so this is a new one to me.
Maybe they modified something about the russian version because it was crazy cheap at first? I see that they have corrected the price now.

Fox Mulder

I just never spent much time with VIR because it never popped up in multiplayer and was only in the Porsche expansion campaign a few times.

I can probably do all the other tracks blindfolded at this point. Even Mugello was still very familiar after all this time.

TikeMyson

This has to be one of the worst and most unfair AIs ever in a racing game. I hate it so much. I'm about 10 hours in, but I think I stop playing right now because it's simply not fun at all.

I had a career race at VIR on one of the wiggliest ribbons. It was an utter nightmare. Full on thunderstorm, really dark, driving a horrible American vintage muscle car. I absolutely tip-toed around the bloody thing, and the only reason I didn't come last was that the road was usually too narrow for passing.

sp3ctr3

I downloaded the Forza Hub yesterday on Xbox One and it said there was 2 cars and 500k credits waiting to be redeemed. SWEET.

But it didn't show up? No cars and no credits were added?

Azzawon

I don't suppose anyone else has come across this issue?

I started the Formula Ford series in the Evolution championship last night. The first race is at a wet Hockenheimring, and on the first lap just after exiting the complex near the Mercedes Tribune my game crashes every time without fail. Gave up trying to race so will have a go at another series tonight.

This is on XB1 by the way.

GHG

GHG why do you constantly frame this discussion by insulting other forum members?

What happened to attack the argument not the person.

Ok because I'm telling people that if they want to talk about the base credit rewards being made worse in the name of a lootbox economy that they must be lazy and can't have played the game much? Forza was always a "have it your way" game, both in the order that you acquire cars and the way that your credit bonuses are made up. Not anymore! Now it's "all aboard the lootbox merry go round!".

I don't know what's worse, the fact that some people can't see what's clearly in front of their faces because they are blinded (whether it's through franchise fanboyism or console fanboyism) or the fact that they are tripping over and contradicting themselves to defend this shite in a full priced game. This whole scenario has made it very clear who the real diehards are when they can't even bring themselves to admit that there's a problem even when it's staring them right in the face, never mind the fact that they are doing the very things that exist only because of the lootboxes.

"Well I don't have a problem with the economy, I opened 100 lootboxes today, gotta get them mods to get more lootboxes!"

"I don't see how the game economy is designed around lootboxes, but I did open 100 today"

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading this stuff. It's exactly the problem that people are talking about.

Anyway, I'll leave it now, I'm clearly getting too old and cranky while the kids love this new age of manipulative game design. Can't raise concerns and call out bullshit game design when some people have been unknowingly psychologically manipulated by the game into thinking that this is the right way to move the franchise forward. Gotta keep chasing those mini highs, can't have credits just sitting there with the option to get what you want when you want it.

Rant over and I won't mention lootboxes in this thread again, they clearly don't really exist :)
----

God I hate Virginia Raceway. Like a poor mans Nordschleife. Dramatic looking in a thunder storm but God did I hate driving on it in a fucking high powered FR car.

I lived through this last night in the F Type R. Never again. The AI straight up cheats on this track. They bash you out of the way, go impossibly fast on the straights, take corners at angles that aren't possible. Then to top it all off they seem to be immune to the wet conditions when they come.

I don't mind the blind corners so much because that's part and parcel with the conditions and it's just a case of needing to learn the track... but witnessing the AI displaying all their worst traits on one track make it a track where I just say fuck it - Damage off, AI to easy, shortest number of laps, let's just get through this.

This track and long beach are the reasons why I want to know what tracks are in a championship before I enter. That way at least I can prepare myself and buy a car that I feel would be better suited to the track before entering.

xrnzaaas

This track and long beach are the reasons why I want to know what tracks are in a championship before I enter. That way at least I can prepare myself and buy a car that I feel would be better suited to the track before entering.

There is a way to know where the next race takes place, but it's not really a comfortable or particularly helpful method. You can exit to the main menu after completing a championship race and the game will show the info on the next event in the continue career tile.

danowat

Banned
For those who think these prize crate things aren't intrinsically tied to the games gameplay loop, or that they don't matter, this is probably about as succinct a description of the problem as there is, if you still think they are fine, fine, then we'll just to to agree to differ, because it won't take much of a change for this system to become intrusive to everyone.

At this point, I am getting to the stage where I feel I am a lone voice standing in a field shouting at clouds though!!!!

"Prize Crates represent another thing to spend your [credits] on in Forza Motorsport 7. You can still buy many of the cars with [credits], but if you want to boost your experience or [credits]earnings, you need to turn to Mod Cards. As the name suggests, these cards modify races-you can equip up to three per race, each with their own objective and resulting bonuses. If you want to maximize your time spent in Forza 7, you use mod cards.

Forza Motorsport 6 also had mod cards, but most of them (Dare and Crew types) were unlimited use, with single-use mods being rather special. You'd open Card Packs, collecting a deck of full range of unlimited use mods, using them whenever you felt like it. The issue now is Forza Motorsport 7's mod cards are limited use, offering between 1 and 5 uses before they're consumed. Basically, if you want to use mods, you'll have to have a rolling supply, meaning you're always picking up prize crates."

You might have enough money to buy a fancy Ferrari, but because it's locked behind a certain tier, you can't access it until you buy enough cars from other tiers first. To buy cars, you need more money, and the best way to get more money is by engaging with Prize Crates. It's a frustrating treadmill, and one that seems ripe for exploitation, especially if you were able to buy boosters that would allow you to bypass the loop and earn money faster.

Right now, Forza Motorsport 7 does not have these boosters—but they're coming. In a statement to Ars Technica, part of a lengthy and excellent analysis of the way this loop works, Turn 10 admitted that a paid currency would be added to the game at a later date.

MaLDo

Hm that's weird.
I'm german and bought from the hong kong store just fine.
Never had problems running games from another windows store so this is a new one to me.
Maybe they modified something about the russian version because it was crazy cheap at first? I see that they have corrected the price now.

Are you playing on PC or xbox?

GHG

There is a way to know where the next race takes place, but it's not really a comfortable or particularly helpful method. You can exit to the main menu after completing a championship race and the game will show the info on the next event in the continue career tile.

Yeh that's not great. I just wish there was a way to see the list of tracks and conditions from the championship select screen. It would really help in scenarios where you don't yet have a car for that championship and need to buy one.

They do exist. And you can rant as much as you like about them. I just don't see the need for insulting other forum members.

I'm sorry but if someone wants to go from "this new economy is to level the playing field and help casuals who couldn't drive without assists" to "git gud and do longer races at higher difficulty you lazy bum" then I'm going to call them out on their bullshit.

If you feel I'm overstepping the mark in any way then report me to a mod.

gypsie

Can someone let me know if I should I buy this or not please?

I have always been a Gran Turismo bitch - Played all of em a shit ton but it sounds like the new GT isn't what I am after. I have never played a Forza before but what I want is basically a car RPG I guess, well not RPG but "progression". What Gran Turismo is basically.

Career mode, car collecting, progression through the ranks and modifying cars. That kinda thing.

So is Forza that or at least close too that? I am itching for a new GT style game. I tried Project Cars & Asseto but they didn't fill the void sadly.

Apologies if this has been asked 50 times previously

deoee

I haven't been able to play online on PC. Every time I choose a Multiplayer mode, it fails to acquire server data.

Anyone else experiencing this? I don't have XBL, but I don't think it matters on PC. It prompts me to join on my Xbox.

Try the following:

a) Either get an open NAT with opening ports or a DMZ
b) Start Menu --> type "services" --> find "IP-Helper" and "XBOX something something"
then restart the game and it should work.

GHG

Can someone let me know if I should I buy this or not please?

I have always been a Gran Turismo bitch - Played all of em a shit ton but it sounds like the new GT isn't what I am after. I have never played a Forza before but what I want is basically a car RPG I guess, well not RPG but "progression". What Gran Turismo is basically.

Career mode, car collecting, progression through the ranks and modifying cars. That kinda thing.

So is Forza that or at least close too that? I am itching for a new GT style game. I tried Project Cars & Asseto but they didn't fill the void sadly.

Apologies if this has been asked 50 times previously

This game is as close as you can get to that today but the car modding (it's actually called upgrading in this game, mods are a different thing entirely as far as Forza is concerned) has been rendered largely irrelevant in this edition which is a shame.

Get this but don't expect to be able to take your base Mazda Demio and be able to turn it into a trackday monster (well you can but you won't be able to use it much in this new system).

spuckthew

Yeah, I experienced this last night using the Jaguar F-Type Project 7. The previous race in the event at Watkins Glen (a nice fast and flowing track) was a breeze against Pro AI, but at VIR it was a shit-show and I had to crank the difficulty and race length down two notches because I kept getting frustrated by how abysmal my car (or my driving!) was at navigating the blind, low-speed turns. I've never driven Watkins Glen either but that track is an absolute pleasure to drive. VIR feels more like a karting track.

Klocker

Im enjoying the game without opening any boxes except to grab few mods. I sell the silly ones and keep the ones that make me concentrate on racing better (good/perfect pass/draft/corner) etc.

I'm just glad the got rid of the stupid mods that gave you better braking and grip etc

As for credit bonus for assistance, really is non issue to me and I run with no assists. There are plenty of credits to be had without any of that shit.

danowat

Banned
This game is as close as you can get to that today but the car modding (it's actually called upgrading in this game, mods are a different thing entirely as far as Forza is concerned) has been rendered largely irrelevant in this edition which is a shame.

Yeah, I was thinking that this morning, whilst on the one hand, the homologation system makes complete sense in a motorsport sense, it takes away one of the big things that was fun to do in Forza, making and racing crazy cars.

I remember fondly modding cars with ridiculous upgrades and engine swaps, taking a Ford Fiesta from group E, up to group S and it being mad.

I do miss that, I don't think I have upgraded in a single car in my entire time with the game, there is no reason too, at least in single player.

LoveCake

Just got 225k from Forza Rewards (tier 8), good to know that the payout didn't drop to the ultra low levels after all (although I would prefer 275k ;)).

When i went on yesterday only Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 4 were showing on the Forza app and they were the low amounts, I have not been on my Xbox yet but will check later, I am tier 10 and I want my big payout!

Haven't played a Forza title since 4 and thinking about jumping in to this on PC. I have some friends that I want to play with on the Xbox but what's the deal with things like ingame chat/party chat between the two? Can I join an xbox live party or can I chat with the ingame voice?

Klocker

When i went on yesterday only Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 4 were showing on the Forza app and they were the low amounts, I have not been on my Xbox yet but will check later, I am tier 10 and I want my big payout!
I'm tier 10 and got three hundred fifty thousand credits tonight

Top Bottom