• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 $36.99 on Amazon. It's a great racing game at a great price! Buy it.

RyudBoy

Did this game flop really bad or something? it only has 12 reviews on Amazon that seems strange. but at least it's 5 Stars.

It could've done a lot better. I still blame the somewhat poor sales on the atrocious commercial they put out for the game. Instead of using in-game footage, they chose some stupid CG/real life stuff instead of showing off the amazing visuals.

Terrible commercial.

GlamFM

Banned
It's part of the mods' job to keep threads on track. It's within their discretion to short-circuit bullshit that causes arguments that don't even have anything to do with the thread's ostensible purpose (a good price on a recently released game).

There are titles that clearly bait a console vs. console mentality, and others that don't. OP could have done the latter, easily.

Is it too much moderation? Some will claim they can't figure out the standards and we'll hear the old refrain of "what, no opinions allowed???" But I don't buy it that people can't figure out how to express their opinions in a manner that is acceptable to the mods.

I like to think that OP just found out about an amazing deal for his favorite game, got excited and wanted to share with us.

An edit by the mods would have done.

The new thread title + the junioring... Don't know, not nice... Feels slightly bully-ish..

OP feels provoked, meltdown, ban...

5 mins after sharing a good deal with us.

Non of my business I guess..

WinFonda

it wasn't so much the thread title (tho it was obviously problematic given all the reactionary responses to it on the first page), as it was the OP's double, triple, and quadruple downing in the thread in defense of it (and thereby also exposing his intentions) instead of simply saying "oh hey yeah my bad, please change my stupid inflammatory title", he instead opted to pick a fight with Bish, and now...

XTRZeNZ.jpg

I like to think that OP just found out about an amazing deal for his favorite game, got excited and wanted to share with us.

The new thread title + the junioring... Don't know, not nice... Feels slightly bully-ish..

You're assuming this is his first offense. Maybe he has a history of inflammatory behaviour?
This is all hypothetical of course.

Monster Zero

it wasn't so much the thread title (tho it was obviously problematic given all the reactionary responses to it on the first page), as it was the OP's double, triple, and quadruple downing in the thread in defense of it (and thereby also exposing his intentions) instead of simply saying "oh hey yeah my bad, please change my stupid inflammatory title", he instead opted to pick a fight with Bish, and now...

XTRZeNZ.jpg

Lmao, shame on you, now shops Bish face to em

Niven

I 100% feel the same as you on this!

Bgamer90

Banned

100% agree.

iNvid02

i agree, where is the Christmas spirit

Hoje0308

Banned
As a racing fan it makes me a little sad to see both of the year's big racers hit bargain prices so quickly. Driveclub is understandable, what with the server issues that persisted for far too long, but it doesn't look like Forza sold terribly well either. The genre is in trouble and it's now up to Project Cars to generate some interest. (Yes, I know GT7 will likely do very well, but I don't see much growth for the series until Polyphony can make some significant improvements in sound and AI)

Bessy67

Grimløck;144309718 said:
He could've prevented all contention by simply stating, "One of the year's best racers." Alas.
Why should he have to say "one of the best" when to him it is the best though? When you start throwing wild accusations at mods then yeah, you're going to get banned. Kinda scary to see people getting juniored for posting their opinion of a game on a gaming forum though.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Why should he have to say "one of the best" when to him it is the best though? When you start throwing wild accusations at mods then yeah, you're going to get banned. Kinda scary to see people getting juniored for posting their opinion of a game on a gaming forum though.

When someone says "X is the best" it strongly invites a discussion over that point. That wasn't the point of this thread. (Or was it?)

It shouldn't be scary at all because the way he posted his opinion is clearly different from posting in a thread about the best racing game and saying "Forza Horizon 2 is the best!"

Hoje0308

Banned
Has anyone that has a problem with the situation bothered to PM a mod, or is this a situation in which a lot of people simply need to restate their opinion several times in an increasingly aggressive and incredulous manner?

HeliosT10

Did this game flop really bad or something? it only has 12 reviews on Amazon that seems strange. but at least it's 5 Stars.

http://www.amazon.com/Forza-Horizon...sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

143 Reviews
5 star:
(122)
4 star:
(11)
3 star:
(4)
2 star:
(1)
1 star:
(5)

Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Forza-Horiz...sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

198 Reviews
5 star:
(169)
4 star:
(16)
3 star:
(5)
2 star:
(5)
1 star:
(3)

Not too shabby. Good price on Amazon UK as well (£32.00)

Doukou

RoKKeR

Not really sure what happened in this thread but it's a great game and that's a great price. Might take my #1 in the GAF voting thread.

Hoje0308

Banned
I agree. This sets a distributing precedent.

Meanwhile, this thread is still a thing:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=956626

Do you understand the context of that thread?

Wait, this guy got banned and his thread title changed but the Knack thread is allowed to exist?

Even if you don't understand the reason behind the thread, you can tell it's not meant to be taken seriously. Persecution complex, anyone?

Edit: Also, he didn't get banned for the title, he got banned for doubling down and making accusations. He knew what he had coming, and persisted.

Edit 2: For the "NeoGAF is Knack biased" conspiracy theorists:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144272080&postcount=12593

Wait, this guy got banned and his thread title changed but the Knack thread is allowed to exist?

He was juniored for trolling once again, in a thread title to boot. He was then banned for suggesting it was due to a mod having a console bias.

Lastly, the Knack thread is clearly a joke.

rich7sena

Banned
He was juniored for trolling once again, in a thread title to boot. He was then banned for suggesting it was due to a console bias.

Lastly, the Knack thread is clearly a joke.

The only reason the thread title was inflammatory was because some console warriors on here couldn't handle it. He did a lot of people here a solid by helping them find a good deal, too.

Ambient80

It could've done a lot better. I still blame the somewhat poor sales on the atrocious commercial they put out for the game. Instead of using in-game footage, they chose some stupid CG/real life stuff instead of showing off the amazing visuals.

Terrible commercial.

They should have just shown the little intro from the beginning of the game (not the countdown thing, but the intro cinematic before the start screen). All in game footage I believe, and it looked great. Slap an Xbox logo on the end and call it a day.

Hoje0308

Banned
The only reason the thread title was inflammatory was because some console warriors on here couldn't handle it. He did a lot of people here a solid by helping them find a good deal, too.

Did you bother reading his posts that followed? Seems pretty clear that he got what he wanted. Too bad he couldn't just let go like you did with your Knack argument.

JayEH

Woah what happened? The original title didn't seem ban worthy.

Edit: Nvm I see. I think the junioring was harsh but OP had it coming after that.

Do I get banned if I agree with this?

Also, buy this game. It's right up there with my other games of the year (Dragon Age: Inquisition and Sunset Overdrive).

Im currently playing FH2, Im liking but Im just going from tournament to tournament, I dont feel like they've taken advantage of the open world, I see a couple of things you can do like XP billboards and such, hopefully more is there.

Hoje0308

Banned
I did, didn't seem like he did anything wrong.

Saying he was juniored because a biased mod was salty is a line you don't want to cross. He obviously realized this and edited, but not before he was quoted. He then questioned policy and proceeded to further derail the thread by asking questions and making statements that should have been contained in a PM sent directly to a mod, as per the rules. On top of this, it sounds like this was just another incident in which he was attempting to troll other members. You don't get the benefit of the doubt when your post history is incriminating and you've developed a reputation.

Top Bottom