• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Isn't it the engine from the 458 Italia?

Is it? It sure doesn't sound like a Ferrari V8. I could be wrong though.

Edit: From looking at specs online, it sure does seem to be that. I would never have guessed because it has much more of a throaty roar than I would expect from a high revving Ferrari V8. I wonder if the engine swaps affect the sound of them somehow?

Does where it goes in the recipient car matter— before or aft of the driver?

Two two cars I swapped it in where the old school Ruf and the NSX. I dunno, it just sounds too low and grunty for a Ferrari V8.

Btw,the Retro Saloon Championship might be the best series of races in the game.

HeliosT10

Free Mazda MX-5 Car Pack incoming on March 17

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_mazda_mx5_car_pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a41v5aj0EzE

81f5d8c7-e027-476a-94bb-1b46a7cdc735.jpg

Used to have a Eunos roadster (S-Limited model) idenitical to the one below back in the day. Can't wait for this pack :)

autowp.ru_mazda_roadster_-s_limited-_1.jpg

Damn, you got some good taste in cars man. Been really thinking about getting a 1st Gen Miata as a project car so I can drop a V8 in there.

Interesting pack. That '16 Miata is definitely fire tho.

Truth man, seriously. That new Miata is beyond sexy, plus it is smaller and lighter than the last gen.

paxromana

Banned
Not even kidding i finally switched back to firefox because of this thread.

Now it loads fine.

Man I wish I could switch but I already hate having all my stuff split between Microsoft Apps and Google Apps, I don't want any further fragmentation.

But it's insane, it took a whopping 3 min and 42 seconds to load this page entirely. On a 4.5GHz 2500k, 16GB 1600MHz RAM and GTX 680.

My god.

KePoW

Banned
Man I wish I could switch but I already hate having all my stuff split between Microsoft Apps and Google Apps, I don't want any further fragmentation.

But it's insane, it took a whopping 3 min and 42 seconds to load this page entirely. On a 4.5GHz 2500k, 16GB 1600MHz RAM and GTX 680.

My god.

Chrome sux major balls when it comes to displaying large images/gifs, it's worse than Internet Explorer in that regard

I use Firefox for GAF

jesu

Just read about the free car pack.
Nice!
They're all lookers too.

You can also win a real Mazda

As well as the four new cars, Playground Games and Microsoft will be launching a Rivals competition for Xbox One players. The winner will win a real 2016 Mazda MX-5. Beginning on Tuesday, March 17th, players must set a time in the “Mazda MX-5 Challenge” Rivals event, which will be found under the Monthly Rivals option in the Pause menu. The competition runs until Thursday, April 30th. However, while anybody can play the in-game event, only players who have registered for the competition will be eligible for the prize. To register, players must click on the Mazda MX-5 advert on the Xbox One dashboard before following the prompts found on the contest page. The full terms and conditions of the competition can be found here.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n19652/forza-horizon-2-mazda-mx5-car-pack-incoming.htm

PaulLFC

The VIP pass doesn't give a discount on the car pass unfortunately.

The gift cars so far have included Huracans and a Veneno, but the offerings haven't been particularly impressive overall. None of the cars are particularly tough to buy, and the bonus liveries are just OK.

I do like the VIP car DLC and the level-up bonus, but it's a lot better deal at half-price, which requires the FM5 VIP.
Thanks, I heard the DLC goes on sale fairly regularly, so I think I'll wait for a discount to pick it up. The main game has plenty of content for me to be getting on with for now.

Spades

Started playing this again recently to get ready for Fast 7. Thought I'd get the last of the Barn Finds, but for some reason the last two don't show up on the map - even though I'm level 95. Any ideas?

zorbsie

Started playing this again recently to get ready for Fast 7. Thought I'd get the last of the Barn Finds, but for some reason the last two don't show up on the map - even though I'm level 95. Any ideas?

I thought that they show up randomly on the map. I think I was close to 100 or just past it when I got the last barn find. Which reminds me I've got to play more of this game. I've been slacking.

Spades

I thought that they show up randomly on the map. I think I was close to 100 or just past it when I got the last barn find. Which reminds me I've got to play more of this game. I've been slacking.

Ah okay, thanks man. I read somewhere that it was linked to driver level.

Miss racing with you guys!

Stackboy

Keen to give the new car pack a spin today. Looking forward to the Fast and the Furious expansion too! Will we be able to launch that from within the FH2 do you think?

2 things

1. The MX-5 super 20 NEEDS to be in Forza 6.

2. When we get our Sunday races going it needs to be the stock car we use for the first race, Forza 4 style.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Was there any confirmation on
nitro
for the Fast and Furious standalone? The achievement list today confirms it definetly:
"Use all your Nitrous in the first half of a race."

Broman1978

After playing Driveclub for couple of days and then return to FH2, its really astonishing to see what great AA and IQ FH2 really has =)

TheKeyPit

Banned
The updated Forza Hub reveals that we can earn additional forza points by playing the Fast and Furious stand-alone.

Achievements - 200 points
Cars Owned - 100 points
Ultimate Passes - 50 points
Boards Destroyed - 50 points
Bucket List - 50 points
Roads discovered - 50 points

TDonk

Any info on the Fast and Furious stuff?

Is it online?
New map?
Integration into the full game and vice versa?

Anything??

Any info on the Fast and Furious stuff?

Is it online?
New map?
Integration into the full game and vice versa?

Anything??

Standalone, uses a section of same map from Horizon 2, I believe it has online. Not sure about integration of cars into the full game. I expect there might be an option...I noticed some F&F DLC was up earlier...

Jube3

What's up Gaf! I have a 10 early access download codes for the Forza Horizon 2 presents Fast and Furious. If you're interested send me a PM and I'll reply first come first serve.

Edit: All out of codes atm.

Top Bottom