• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Montresor

Has anyone here beaten the Storm Island bucket list challenges in Solo and Co-op? Anyone have tips to make these manageable?

I haven't tried co-op but the second Storm Island bucket list is way way harder than anything I've done in the main game.

Mascot

I also posted this in the FM5 thread:

Just gonna leave this here. Make of it what you will. From my June edition of EVO magazine, just delivered:
IMG_20150418_145416.jpg

IMG_20150418_145440.jpg

Edit: this is the dude and his car

Spent an unconscionable amount of time yesterday completing the Lancia Delta co-op bucket list challenge (#10) with a friend. So satisfying when we finally got it, since it took both of us having absolutely perfect runs through the trees at the same time to pull it off.

Something like this:
forzaforest.gif

Montresor

I still have a bunch of those to do. I'm totally up for doing more.

Nice to hear. I sent added you on XBL. These co-op Bucket List challenges are the only things that I think might prevent me from getting the full 1500/1500. I'm still far away from 1500 overall but it would be nice to get the co-op challenges out of the way.

I've done all of the challenge in single player... but I should warn you that it took a lot of Rewind to do so. I hope I don't embarrass myself if and when we play together online, heh.

zorbsie

Nice to hear. I sent added you on XBL. These co-op Bucket List challenges are the only things that I think might prevent me from getting the full 1500/1500. I'm still far away from 1500 overall but it would be nice to get the co-op challenges out of the way.

I've done all of the challenge in single player... but I should warn you that it took a lot of Rewind to do so. I hope I don't embarrass myself if and when we play together online, heh.

Don't worry about it. I haven't played the game in a while. I'll probably be the one dropping the ball. :)

Added you as well. Anytime you want to hammer these out just send a message over to me.

Montresor

That was fun yesterday zorbsie. There's just something about that Ferrari destination challenge in Bucket List #1 that's so difficult. I think there should be more than enough easy ones in Bucket List #2 to get 25 total done.

zorbsie

That was fun yesterday zorbsie. There's just something about that Ferrari destination challenge in Bucket List #1 that's so difficult. I think there should be more than enough easy ones in Bucket List #2 to get 25 total done.

Yup, good times. I caught the bug after you left, ended up doing online races til 1 in the morning.

Error1355

As it looks like the GAF car club isn't inviting members anytime soon, are there any other car clubs out there you'd recommend or be okay with me tagging along with? <_<

VinFTW

Hey GAF,

Was thinking of picking up Storm Island DLC. I LOVED the base game, a lot, and was wondering if this was worth the $20?

How long is the new content? Any good new cars? Etc. etc.

Please and thank you :)

Felt like a good deal at $10 (discounted). Feels a tad overpriced at $20.

But the content overall is substantial: new map that feels distinct from the mainland, awesome elevation changes, tracks that are well thought out, and Rampage races, which are tremendous white-knuckle experiences.

It is also adds new showdowns and a full-fledged multiplayer component (which unfortunately is not seamless with the mainland mp). I'm not sure what the content is hours-wise, but I played it for several weeks and still return to it.

I think there's only six or seven new cars, but the Robby Gordon stadium truck and the barn find left an impression for sure.

VinFTW

Felt like a good deal at $10 (discounted). Feels a tad overpriced at $20.

But the content overall is substantial: new map that feels distinct from the mainland, awesome elevation changes, tracks that are well thought out, and Rampage races, which are tremendous white-knuckle experiences.

It is also adds new showdowns and a full-fledged multiplayer component (which unfortunately is not seamless with the mainland mp). I'm not sure what the content is hours-wise, but I played it for several weeks and still return to it.

I think there's only six or seven new cars, but the Robby Gordon stadium truck and the barn find left an impression for sure.

Sounds awesome, I'll see if it's discounted again and wait till then though. Thanks for the reply.

Fuck yeah, it looks like the '15 Z07 is coming to Horizon in this month's DLC pack:

mayteas24rzs.png

Presumably with the rear caster sorted.
:p

Ha, I totally thought all the DLC was done. Since this is going to be the first that isn't part of the Season Pass, that means it is going to be awesome.

I'm not being sarcastic, there are almost always the best ones and I don't mind paying for it.

Yes, I am part of the problem.

BADNED

Ha, I totally thought all the DLC was done. Since this is going to be the first that isn't part of the Season Pass, that means it is going to be awesome.

The first pack not covered by the Car Pass was the Furious 7 Car Pack. ;)
The Car Pass ended with the Rockstar Car Pack in March.

Montresor

I'm so close to 168 championships done. I think I'll feel empty inside once this is done... I'll have no more Forza single player content to play, heh. My strategy:

1) Set the sound mixer to make the main app (Forza Horizon 2) almost silent, and the snapped app louder
2) Set sound setting within Forza as low as possible
3) Snap Neflix and play a movie
4) Put your brain/car on autopilot, and complete championships while listening/watching a Netflix movie

Don't worry cinema afficionados, I'm not doing this with movies I haven't seen yet. But I've been doing this extensively with all my favourite movies, basically "re-watching" or "re-listening" to some of my favourite flicks while going through the championships. So far I've watched: Red State, Watchmen, Flight, Goodfellas, Pain & Gain, Assault On Precinct 13, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, Fast And Furious (the first one), and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

I've also been doing this with live NHL playoff hockey lately, and episodes of Chopped on Food Network.

I'm up to 142 championships completed so far... getting there.

This is curious and rather tempting.
mcw0IcT.jpg

The NISMO Juke got added in the new DLC but it seems to be a promo car, as the Pringles livery is mentioned in the name. If this is promo only, I hope they at least release the stock version so we can drive the same kind of car, like they did with the G-Shock 370Z.

I came it across it yesterday trying to figure out why I was at 299/300 on photos.

Finally got the photo today. Also got that Xbox Raptor, which must have been a promo from the previous pack.

Looks like the Juke is a traffic car only, which stinks, but I guess it's a lot easier to model a traffic car.

I came it across it yesterday trying to figure out why I was at 299/300 on photos.

Finally got the photo today. Also got that Xbox Raptor, which must have been a promo from the previous pack.

Looks like the Juke is a traffic car only, which stinks, but I guess it's a lot easier to model a traffic car.

It has menu entries and it's driving on the wrong side in the picture. It also has what looks like a modelled interior and an actual driver, definitely not a traffic car at all.

Reading on FM.net, it seems it can be obtained from a code found in a can of Pringles.

Yep, I saw that too. But the thing is those are normally limited run and region limited, like the G-Shock 370Z and the Cheetos SVT Raptor. What I meant in the post above was, even though we can't get those cars, they at least have a normal equivalent that anybody can drive. Right now there's no non-Pringles Juke, and I hope they come out with one.

Fox Mulder

It's interesting how the last two packs gave the best car for free.

Paul Walker's supra from the FF pack is insane with upgrades and the bugatti is the same, capable of being the fastest car now.

Stackboy

Finished the second finale last night, expected a bigger reward and more fanfare than just the credits rolling. I still have to finish storm island and I will keep playing to complete all the racers and enjoy more online fun times.

Why did nobody mention the Pre-Order Car Pack is out?

You can now grab:
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP-570-4 Superleggera
2013 BMW M6 Coupe
2008 Ferrari California
2013 Audi RS 4 Avant

for only $4! I think thats a hell of a deal!

Top Bottom