• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

So I purchased the Duracell pack and noticed that the Pre-Order cars were listed as "new" in the Autoshow.

Click on them, game tells me to buy the pack, but I pre-ordered the game and had those cars since day one. So did the Pre-Order pack screw these cars up for anyone else who had pre-ordered?

Nevermind. Big brain fart.

zorbsie

Porsche returns! Seriously, the support Forza games after launch is just fantastic. Nice to see devs stick around with a product for this long. I guess having the two year cycle affords them the time to keep working on the game. Super pumped to see if this will extend to Forza 6 as well.

EDIT: Read the whole article, looks like it does extend to FM6. Hype level at MAX!

I've really been looking forward to this Porsche expansion, and while I'm still excited, I'm a little bummed that this isn't more like a Storm Island expansion.

Kind of stinks (for me) that it release tomorrow, same day as ESO. Not sure when I'll get to it.

I think PG's support of FH2 after launch has been solid, but it's mostly been focused on areas where they can profit. Understandable, but some QOL enhancements to mutiplayer wouldn't have killed them.

terrible

Banned
I found the Porsche pack on the Forza hub, it wasn't showing in the regular marketplace for me. It initiated a 428MB update once I tried booting FH2 after buying it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Specs for the cars. That 918 Spyder is so mine.

Untitled016.jpg
Untitled017.jpg

Untitled018.jpg
Untitled019.jpg

Untitled0110.jpg
Untitled0111.jpg

Untitled0112.jpg
Untitled0113.jpg

Untitled0114.jpg
Untitled0115.jpg

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yea #3 challenge is bullshit. I keep missing the target by a few mph. Nearly had it on one but hit another car on the bend. Its a pain how so many times the traffic is in the way at crucial parts.

They really went completely bat-shit crazy with the detail on those Porsches. Even more than usual.

(2014) 911 Turbo S brakes:
ForzaHorizon22014911.png

My father had a 944 Turbo and everything looks perfectly as I remember it from when I was a child, even the thickness of the lines of the air-conditioning sliders, it's really insane (there is one thing though: the radio antenna was embedded into the windshield as a thin wire, only mistake I could find on that car).

Noobcraft

Some of the Porsche bucket list events are hard as all get out. Stuck on the Macan event. Off by like 5-10 seconds.
Ford GT Guy and I did all of them in co-op. I'll see if I can win the Macan one and upload a video quick.

Edit: Missed the video above but here's my run anyways lol. Not sure what happened to the recording (super low framerate and stuttering) so I might do it again.

Edit2: So I redid the race and recorded another video, which recorded at a good framerate this time but has no audio. Thanks GameDVR.

Montresor

Finished off the Porsche DLC yesterday and now I'm at 2000/2000. This was a damned fantastic game. I'm going to have a soft spot for so much of the music in this game for a while. My favourite songs are Gecko (Overdrive), Hey Now, Liberate, The Road Goes On Forever, Stranger Love, Hydra, The Mother We Share, Wolves.

One criticism I have is there was not enough open-world, sandbox type game play in this game. I ran out of Bucket Lists and collectibles (Barn Finds, experience boards, speed traps, etc...) a long, LONG time before I ever finished the 168 championship races. It would've been nice if there was more of a balance (i.e. reduce the number of championship races, or increase the amount of Bucket Lists, speed traps, barn finds, collectibles).

I don't even like racing games that much. The only reason I bought Forza Horizon 2 is because of its open-world style. I skipped Motorsport 5 and I will for sure skip Motorsport 6, as I have no interest in a pure racing game. But I hope in 2016 or 2017 they bring out Forza Horizon 3 with more open-world goodness.

willbsn13

Have to say I'm loving this Porsche expansion! Cayman GT-S was the biggest surprise for me, such a fun car to drive and the engine noise..wow. I'm still holding out for a map expansion hopefully but at this point its almost certainly not happening

willbsn13

I'm looking for the best bang for your buck dlc.

F&F, Storm Island or the Porsche dlc?

Thanks.

Storm Island. New area to explore, 6 cars, heaps of new events and event types, adds the most on to the game by far in terms of hours compared to the other two - definitely worth the money.

Top Bottom