• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Fox Mulder

So my cars from Fast and Furious don't transfer to FH2? I thought that was a feature they announced.

Nope, sucks. There's zero replay value after you 100% the FF thing in 2 hours.

Some of them are liknesses from the movie, so I can see that being some deal. There shouldn't be any reason why the other cars can't be added to FH2 at some point though if the dlc doesn't end soon.

Montresor

I just got gifted the disc version of Horizon 2 after spending almost all of Saturday playing the Fast And Furious game.

What's the best way to:

1) Maximize enjoyment of the game
2) Earn cool cars
3) Not get frustrated

I badly want the awesome cars I got in Fast Furious (Bugatti Veyron, McLaren P1, etc...).

Should I buy the VIP Pass AND the season pass to earn the max amount of credits and get the best cars? I honestly wouldn't mind it, since I basically got the disc game for free. What's the best difficultly to choose? I chose easy and turned off driving lines and set steering to off - that's giving me +15% credits right now.

p3tran

Banned
I just got gifted the disc version of Horizon 2 after spending almost all of Saturday playing the Fast And Furious game.

What's the best way to:

2) Earn cool cars
3) Not get frustrated

I badly want the awesome cars I got in Fast Furious (Bugatti Veyron, McLaren P1, etc...).

Should I buy the VIP Pass AND the season pass to earn the max amount of credits and get the best cars? I honestly wouldn't mind it, since I basically got the disc game for free. What's the best difficultly to choose? I chose easy and turned off driving lines and set steering to off - that's giving me +15% credits right now.
just play the game and you will maximize enjoyment as time passes.
no worries at all.
oh, and I'd buy the car pass and the storm island expansion for sure.

cool_dude

Banned
CVCzFs5.gif

This is what I do these days.

Haha, pretty funny

Fox Mulder

I really hope they fix the store in forza 6. What a god awful clunky mess.

Bought a few car packs, but just said fuck it to actually getting some of the cars in game with how annoying it is to even find them.

Ullus

One thing I've noticed after playing a couple of weeks is that the AI are really determined to follow the driving line, doesn't matter if you are infront or beside them, they will fucking wreck you, no regrets.

e90Mark

Any tips for getting 50k skill streaks? Highest I've managed to get is 36k and I need the 50k to finish the Fast & Furious add-on.

Edit: Just found this - http://www.trueachievements.com/a199378/chain-reaction-achievement.htm

I guess that works. I just did a high speed run through the streets dodging and drifting using the P1. I actually got to 136k by stopping on my own.

I feel like the drivatars like to hit you, or they at least jut out a lot more than they do in vanilla.

jesu

What's the best way to:

2) Earn cool cars
3) Not get frustrated

I'd get the VIP pass, that doubles your Wheel Spin payouts.
You also get random free cars but I don't know if they are retroactive.
(don't even know if that is the right word, but maybe buying the VIP cars won't get you the previously free cars)

Get Storm Island, it's amazing!Been playing it again tonight.The icing on the cake of my favourite racing game ever.
VIP pass means you get it cheaper too.

GVA1987

Hiya guys. Finally got my hands on a copy of Horizon. Can I get an invite to the GAF club? GT is GVA1987. Really been enjoying this and I am very much the casual racer.

Montresor

Thanks p3tran, jesu.

I think I'm going to skip out on the VIP pass and the car pass. Neither seems to provide much value to me. All I need is a select few exotic sports cars. I don't care about a special Mazda I'd get from the car pass. I have my Huracan, I have a Lotus, at least one Ferrari. All I really need is to somehow earn the Bugatti and a Mclaren car to be happy now. I'll only buy Storm Island and the treasure map.

Cheddahz

Banned
After playing the Fast & Furious standalone, I'm in the itch to get back into Forza Horizon 2. I've already completed all of the championships to complete the main story part of it and I was just wondering how the Storm Island DLC was?

Fox Mulder

After playing the Fast & Furious standalone, I'm in the itch to get back into Forza Horizon 2. I've already completed all of the championships to complete the main story part of it and I was just wondering how the Storm Island DLC was?

It's a nice addition to add some variety to the terrain and vehicles. It's 100% off road, if you liked that in the main game.

I just got around to beating it tonight and you don't get a car, cutscene, or even a congrats from the British host guy. Felt weird.

Fox Mulder

That ff pack is insta bought.

Would like if these packs added some new music too. That was a good part about the standalone FF game as the music in this game is stale now.

MattyH

kinda disagree that players of the F&F standalone have to pay and it would be awesome if they donated the $5 to the charity paul walker was involved with

kinda disagree that players of the F&F standalone have to pay and it would be awesome if they donated the $5 to the charity paul walker was involved with

I am not sure why we would expect the cars to be free? The F&F expansion was free and was really good. And now we expect the cars to just be free in Horizon 2? I dunno, that seems a bit greedy. We already got a great expansion for free that had achievement points and was a lot of fun to play, I think its perfectly reasonable to expect people to pay $5 to get those cars in Horizon 2.

The F&F expansion was a brilliant bit of advertising for that reason. Let people play a bit of Horizon and get a taste of some awesome new cars. Then use that to get people to pay $5 (which is almost nothing, let's be honest) to have those same awesome cars in the full Horizon game.

It makes sense and I don't seem them as being greedy so much as gamers being greedy for expecting so goddam much for free. This shit isn't free or cheap to produce, I think asking $5 is perfectly fine for this DLC pack. Shit, it's more cars than the normal packs!

Fox Mulder

I would have bought this pack even if they hadn't made a standalone game.

It's a limited time free game and this stuff didn't appear out of thin air. I got a few hours of enjoyment out of it, but wanted these cars in horizon 2.

Montresor

Fudge... I'm now overcome with the desire to get the VIP Pass and the discounted car pass (and the new FF pack). I'm going to go on a spending spree when I get home from work....

So I'm level 25 right now, and I've beaten 4 championships, and I already have $1.2 million credits (I assume because I played so much of the free Fast and Furious game). Would it be correct or silly to say "Ignoring the discount on Storm Island, it is too late to get any meaningful value out of the VIP pass; I have leveled up too much already".

As an aside, I am absolutely loving this game. This game is easily going to (retroactively) make my top ten for 2014. I'm very very glad MS made the FF game free... It is a WAY better demo than the regular Horizon 2 demo. I played the regular Horizon 2 demo back in September and never once moved an inch towards a purchase. I spent two Saturdays ago playing the FF game all day and here I am with Horizon 2 and getting way into the DLC.

Montresor

I bought and downloaded the furious 7 car pack hours ago but the cars are nowhere in the game.

I downloaded the Furious 7 pack and also couldn't find the cars. My game crashed while at a car meet so I re-launched Horizon 2 and then got a prompt to perform a 370-megabyte update. Then the Furious 7 cars appeared at the autoshow, and I was able to "purchase" them for free. So try killing the game and re-launching it to see if are prompted for a Horizon 2 update.

I'm addicted to this game - can't wait to get home from work and put some more time into this. :)

Fox Mulder

It was an issue on their end.

They released the dlc pack early in the morning, but sent out the game update to use it at like 8 pm.

dedhead54

I enjoyed the F&F standalone enough to spend $5 on the FF cars. The Maserati was, surprisingly, one of my favorite cars in the pack. Love the engine sound.

This game is the true definition of a system seller to me. Bought my Bone mainly for it and I could not be more satisfied.

Montresor

I enjoyed the F&F standalone enough to spend $5 on the FF cars. The Maserati was, surprisingly, one of my favorite cars in the pack. Love the engine sound.

This game is the true definition of a system seller to me. Bought my Bone mainly for it and I could not be more satisfied.

In loving memory of the poster that said "Why would you buy an Xbox One for Ori when it is on Steam?", I'll say "Why would you by an Xbox One for Forza Horizon 2 when it is on 360?"

/s

dedhead54

In loving memory of the poster that said "Why would you buy an Xbox One for Ori when it is on Steam?", I'll say "Why would you by an Xbox One for Forza Horizon 2 when it is on 360?"

/s

Haha.

I have to admit, though. When I just posted that I had completely forgotten that it even released on 360.

dedhead54

Since the season pass is on sale right now, I pose this question: Is it worth the $12.50? I feel like when I bought the season pass for Forza 4 I ended up not even really buying/utilizing any of the cars that I paid real money for.

RoKKeR

Since the season pass is on sale right now, I pose this question: Is it worth the $12.50? I feel like when I bought the season pass for Forza 4 I ended up not even really buying/utilizing any of the cars that I paid real money for.

Repost because I have the same question and did the same thing with Forza 5. These are things I feel like I should always get out of the gate because that's when I'm most active in the game... but that's also when they're the most expensive!

Repost because I have the same question and did the same thing with Forza 5. These are things I feel like I should always get out of the gate because that's when I'm most active in the game... but that's also when they're the most expensive!

It's hard to answer. I pre-ordered the pass and it was well worth it. I'll probably pay another $5 for the F&F pack this weekend even though my main gaming focus is on BL2 right now.

But there are a lot of cars in the main game, and if you're having doubts, then it's probably not worth it for you. Also, if you don't have Storm Island, then that might be a better use of your $10.

dedhead54

It's hard to answer. I pre-ordered the pass and it was well worth it. I'll probably pay another $5 for the F&F pack this weekend even though my main gaming focus is on BL2 right now.

But there are a lot of cars in the main game, and if you're having doubts, then it's probably not worth it for you. Also, if you don't have Storm Island, then that might be a better use of your $10.

Thanks. I may dive in on Storm Island, as I have finally come to enjoy the cross country/offroad races. Early on I hated any offroad driving, especially when it was a championship of high powered RWD cars, but I've turned a corner. The last handful of times I raced offroad I had a blast.

There's still at least $3 million worth of non-DLC cars that I'd like to purchase probably anyways.

Fox Mulder

Thanks. I may dive in on Storm Island, as I have finally come to enjoy the cross country/offroad races. Early on I hated any offroad driving, especially when it was a championship of high powered RWD cars, but I've turned a corner. The last handful of times I raced offroad I had a blast.

There's still at least $3 million worth of non-DLC cars that I'd like to purchase probably anyways.

the difference with storm island is that it adds rally mods to cars, so tires, suspensions, transmission. I enjoy taking a car off road now when i hated it in the core game.

KePoW

Banned
Hey Team!

I just downloaded F&F. Sweet so far!

Question -- I noticed if I go to F&F's manage game menu, that it offers me to also install Storm Island (3gb)

Does this actually do anything? I already have Storm Island in regular FH2

deadfolk

But isn't SI $20?

By the way - I take it the car pass doesn't include the FF pack? Is there an decent list anywhere of what is included in the pass vs. what is not?

Montresor

I finally won a showdown at every car meet. God it sucks doing a showdown over and over and getting trounced by the same person. I eventually did it though!

Can't wait to spend all weekend playing this game.

zorbsie

I finally won a showdown at every car meet. God it sucks doing a showdown over and over and getting trounced by the same person. I eventually did it though!

Can't wait to spend all weekend playing this game.

That was a tough achievement to get. I waited for the weekend after christmas. I think I only had to redo 1 race. Christmas noobs are best noobs. :)

Top Bottom