• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Navy Bean

I loved horizon 1 but to me this game is better all around. Yeah, there were technical issues which now seems like a Forza tradition but just grabbing your favorite car and cruising around Europe, racing, etc. is really as good as it gets in a racer for me. Now if I could just get a formula 1 car...

Only finished the first championship, but that moment when you first have to drive to an event and Anna tells you to make a left, only to have my drunken self audibly say "fuck you Anna!" and drive through a field was something special.

ekim

So... It didn't finish downloading yesterday. When I had the console in standby, the download speed decreased drastically. Is this normal? :(

Fox Mulder

I loved horizon 1 but to me this game is better all around. Yeah, there were technical issues which now seems like a Forza tradition but just grabbing your favorite car and cruising around Europe, racing, etc. is really as good as it gets in a racer for me. Now if I could just get a formula 1 car...

I was just thinking how neat a f1 car would be.

I have the game installed which will unlock on Friday but when I open it says 'install' will probably fix its self.

In the preview program, sadly.

Since I'm in the GAF Club in the game figured I should at least say hello in the OT.

I'm curious how my drivatar will be for folks in here. Against the CPU I'm a rough and tumbler smashing into them if appropriate (but generally driving fairly clean). When I play with real people I try to be a much cleaner driver. I expect my drivatar to be a nuisance if it's smart enough. But I'll be honest, especially in racing games, the AI doesn't differentiate enough for me to say one takes one style over another. Or it's going too quickly for me to accurately notice.

From the Club I've had Niven's and FordGTGuy's drivatars in my world. Niven's was a real pain in the ass during one of the championships and made me a little worried I wouldn't complete the championship at first.

Before stopping for the night I was ranked 13th in the Club. That'll probably be the highest I get as I won't have as much time to keep focusing on the game like I did today.

For each of the six zones I know there's eight Championship "headers" and within each I think there's three separate subcategories. Do all three of those share the same championship series in the respective zone? I'm assuming that's why they group it that way but I haven't experimented to see if that's how they do it.

Edit:
Anyone know if the Ultimate Edition stuff is all fixed??
I'm going to guess yes since the last few hours it seemed like all the server stuff was fixed. All the other cars were downloadable for me, I played online, no longer got hung up on the credits results screen, etc. I think it's smooth sailing now.

I'm going to guess yes since the last few hours it seemed like all the server stuff was fixed. All the other cars were downloadable for me, I played online, no longer got hung up on the credits results screen, etc. I think it's smooth sailing now.
Yeah, looks like everything is good now! Hooray!

KePoW

Banned

Hey don't I know you from another game?!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So is the VIP bonus just double wheel spins, not double XP and money from everything you do?

oh shit, really? That's almost worse than Forza 5's VIP.

I wish the developers were more open about this kind of thing. 2x progression bloody sounds like a lot more than 'spin the wheel an extra time when you level up'. It sounds like it helps you actually level up quicker, or earn more in races.

Fooled me twice, shame on me.

jesu

Wait...what? The description says "VIP membership also awards with 2x player in-game reward acceleration".

oh shit, really? That's almost worse than Forza 5's VIP.

I wish the developers were more open about this kind of thing. 2x progression bloody sounds like a lot more than 'spin the wheel an extra time when you level up'. It sounds like it helps you actually level up quicker, or earn more in races.

Fooled me twice, shame on me.

I don't know, I'm just going from this line

With this fix, expected VIP behaviors should work as intended in the game (VIP badge next to your GT, 2x VIP wheelspins, VIP Car Pack cars cost zero credits on first purchase, etc.

I want to know myself before I buy the VIP pass.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wait...what? The description says "VIP membership also awards with 2x player in-game reward acceleration".

Forza 5 said something similar and was only double credits on levelling up (35k -> 70k). No double XP or race win credits.

technically the wheel spin is an in-game reward, and you're getting 2x them.... Shitty if true though.

edit: Helios, can you comment on this?

Well if that's it I wish I hadn't bothered with VIP in that case.

Free VIP cars sound good though, I didn't mean to sound like a spoilt brat.

Anion

This update happened a few hours ago. It seems they are really trying their best
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm194395_Forza-Horizon-2-VIP-and-Server-Issues--Updated-9-30-4-36-p-m--PST.aspx#post_194395
Mechberg said:
[UPDATE: 9/30 11:25 p.m.]

Hi folks,

A few updates for you tonight:

We have implemented a server-side fix for those players who have experienced issues with VIP functionality in Forza Horizon 2. With this fix, expected VIP behaviors should work as intended in the game (VIP badge next to your GT, 2x VIP wheelspins, VIP Car Pack cars cost zero credits on first purchase, etc.) As a precaution, we recommend you quit your current game of Horizon 2 and restart the game in order to see the corrected VIP functionality.

Some players who were part of the Xbox One October Preview program were experiencing crashing and freezing in Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 5. An update was released earlier today and should be available to all Preview participants by tomorrow night. This update to the Xbox One OS should resolve those issues.

We have resolved the issue that allowed players to double-purchase VIP and/or the Forza Horizon 2 bundles. This should no longer be possible. We are currently investigating solutions for players that purchased this content more than once.

Some of our social features, like Rivals, livery sharing, etc. are seeing inconsistent performance for some of our players. While these features are generally working, some of them are performing more slowly than is ideal. The team is working to improve our online service performance.

Once the servers are stabilized, we will then get to sending out payouts for loyalty rewards cars, Forza Rewards payouts, etc.

Thanks again for all your patience with the launch of Forza Horizon 2.

Hawk269

So... It didn't finish downloading yesterday. When I had the console in standby, the download speed decreased drastically. Is this normal? :(

Not really normal. They were having issues all day yesterday. When I was playing last night, I kept getting server disconnects left and right and right. It is the typical first day/two days of issues.

Niven

Since I'm in the GAF Club in the game figured I should at least say hello in the OT.

I'm curious how my drivatar will be for folks in here. Against the CPU I'm a rough and tumbler smashing into them if appropriate (but generally driving fairly clean). When I play with real people I try to be a much cleaner driver. I expect my drivatar to be a nuisance if it's smart enough. But I'll be honest, especially in racing games, the AI doesn't differentiate enough for me to say one takes one style over another. Or it's going too quickly for me to accurately notice.

From the Club I've had Niven's and FordGTGuy's drivatars in my world. Niven's was a real pain in the ass during one of the championships and made me a little worried I wouldn't complete the championship at first.

Before stopping for the night I was ranked 13th in the Club. That'll probably be the highest I get as I won't have as much time to keep focusing on the game like I did today.

For each of the six zones I know there's eight Championship "headers" and within each I think there's three separate subcategories. Do all three of those share the same championship series in the respective zone? I'm assuming that's why they group it that way but I haven't experimented to see if that's how they do it.

Edit:

If I'm the Niven you are talking about I apologies :)

Lucifon

Forza 5 said something similar and was only double credits on levelling up (35k -> 70k). No double XP or race win credits.

technically the wheel spin is an in-game reward, and you're getting 2x them.... Shitty if true though.

edit: Helios, can you comment on this?

Would certainly like clarification on this. As an Ultimate Edition preorderer I'm feeling a little bit mislead.

Krilekk

Banned
20 bucks for getting twice the rewards is laughable. You don't even get to spin it twice, you just get double the money or a car and its value in money. Which mostly means you'll get 24 k instead of 12k at a levelup. Forza 5 gave 70k over 35k on each levelup and car prices seem to be comparable.

Top Bottom