• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Okay I've restarted my console, launched another game, exited and relaunced Horizon but it's still stuck at the "Welcome [gamertag] Loading...please wait" screen? Wtf? It's still moving, music is playing etc etc but it won't put me in the game no matter how long I leave it there.

Bad download/installation? Can you disconnect your network and try again?

RyudBoy

I feel like a badass placing 1st in some of these racing, and feel like I could do just as good if I were to jump into multiplayer right now.

But then I remembered that I can't use the rewind feature there. :(

mike4001_

Don´t know if it has been posted yet and also don´t know if the problem even occured to non-beta users in the first place but the last beta-dashboard update brought:

When playing Forza 5 or Forza Horizon 2, you should no longer experience crashes during a race, or be unable to launch games following the crash.

Just wondering, what happens if you don't come first in a championship?

Does the game make you re-do it?

If not, are you stuck on that part of your road trips till you beat that championship?

I have a lot of CR but am overwhelmed by incredible looking cars.

What have you guys bought?

I felt like choosing a z4 as a starter car, then immediately being given a Ferrari was too much for the beginning of the game so what did I do?

I went and bought a VW Corrado, the starter car from Horizon 1 :D

Klocker

Still have not gotten my tier rewards cars yet... are people getting those?

By the way. New cash rewards are up but no horizon 2 cash. 😣

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I ended up playing pretty much all day, can't remember the last time that happened.

This game has no earthly business being as good as it is. I don't even know how to describe this shit. They should have sent a poet.

This much I do know, however: If you aren't road-tripping to the sweet sounds of Levante FM, you're doing it wrong.

This game in the city races, is PGR. :) Loving it. Plus, the rain + night = Epic!!

Some pics I took...

R11dO6m.gif

Yeah, the game plays even more like PGR than I remember FH1 did. The banking bit is a nice fold that keeps you risking it all for more. I don't recall FH1 really leaning on that at all. The city-based races help, too. Really hope Rome/Paris city race DLC is in this game's future as well as stronger rally/hillclimb DLC that emulates RSC 1&2 as FH2 could really serve as an awesome platform for resurrecting both of MS' now-retired racing IPs.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Would be interested to know if the people reporting freezes/lockups are in the beta dashboard program?
I am in the preview but haven't had any lock ups, counting XP & credits at the end of a race and the day one / launch car packs didn't show up, couldn't stretch to the ultimate pack, sorry! I did notice that when I went to the manage settings for the demo the pack were tagged to that, I uninstalled the demo and both packs then reinstalled only the car stuff, they where then found under the manage settings for the full game and I could purchase them for 0 credits ingame.

_woLf

I'm enjoying this game but it isn't having the same hook that the first Horizon had for some reason. I'm hoping that'll change soon. It makes me sad that the VW Jetta isn't driveable since I saw a completely modeled and detailed one just driving around in the open world...

Also, why does my driver have to be a dude :(

Killer

Banned
Here's official update for VIP status:
A few updates for you tonight:

We have implemented a server-side fix for those players who have experienced issues with VIP functionality in Forza Horizon 2. With this fix, expected VIP behaviors should work as intended in the game (VIP badge next to your GT, 2x VIP wheelspins, VIP Car Pack cars cost zero credits on first purchase, etc.) As a precaution, we recommend you quit your current game of Horizon 2 and restart the game in order to see the corrected VIP functionality.

Some players who were part of the Xbox One October Preview program were experiencing crashing and freezing in Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 5. An update was released earlier today and should be available to all Preview participants by tomorrow night. This update to the Xbox One OS should resolve those issues.

We have resolved the issue that allowed players to double-purchase VIP and/or the Forza Horizon 2 bundles. This should no longer be possible. We are currently investigating solutions for players that purchased this content more than once.

Some of our social features, like Rivals, livery sharing, etc. are seeing inconsistent performance for some of our players. While these features are generally working, some of them are performing more slowly than is ideal. The team is working to improve our online service performance.

Once the servers are stabilized, we will then get to sending out payouts for loyalty rewards cars, Forza Rewards payouts, etc.

Thanks again for all your patience with the launch of Forza Horizon 2.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst22765_Forza-Horizon-2-VIP-and-Server-Issues--Updated-9-30-4-36-p-m--PST.aspx?=

Top Bottom