• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

_DrMario_

I'm so glad the cutscenes are unskipable. That way when I have to redo a bullshit event like rally a lancia during the night, it makes it extra frustrating. /s

Grisby

One last post before heading off to bed. The atmosphere is fantastic. Hearing thunder come up and seeing the roads get slicked while you veer off to venture through the countryside is amazing.

Navy Bean

Eh, even with the VIP and the perk that makes the spins have a better chance of good shit I still hit 4k all the time.
yeah, I know it's not a big deal except that I paid $20 for nothing at this point. It's more the principle than the rewards. Game is awesome but they're gonna alienate a bunch of fans of the series.

newsguy

8XHv3ER.jpg

I love you Anna, but I hate having to call your name 5 times.

Well, got to number 7 in the Giant Bomb club, but now game keeps crashing and I have to hard reset console. Sucks, was on track to get to number 1 or 2.

Going to check out Mordor, hopefully everything is fixed tomorrow. Servers have been crazy fucked today.

Game is so fucking good!

_DrMario_

Just beat bucket #10 after restarting and rewinding more times then all the times I did in forza 4 and 5 combined. Fuck the person who came up with that event. Clearly made by someone who plays with the full driving line.

I love Anna do much, but its so unresponsive! Everything else with my Xbox One works flawlessly except for Anna. I don't know why.

I try pronouncing naturally (Ah-nah) and unnaturally (A-nah)

Help me GAF! :(

Sorry if this has been asked but how do I join the GAF club? I already submitted my name in the club thread last week.

Also does anyone want to do an online free roam and just mess around for a bit? Add me please RufousSoup6 I have so few friends!

Sydle

Sorry if this has been asked but how do I join the GAF club? I already submitted my name in the club thread last week.

Also does anyone want to do an online free roam and just mess around for a bit? Add me please RufousSoup6 I have so few friends!

You can join it after you complete championship 3 and it allows you to join a club. Look up GAF.

demolitio

If I had the money now (or ever), I'd pick up an X1 for this game instead of the original plan of waiting for Halo 5 when I can hopefully do it.

Absolutely gorgeous and the first game was one of my favorite racing games. Props to them.

The screens are going to be hard to look at. Love the lighting as well.

btkadams

Uh oh, newcomer to the series (and Xbox) and I see the tune up menu is crazy detailed. I don't know anything about the cars. Did I accidentally buy a GT-ish game? Can I get by without knowing what all that stuff means and not touching most of it?

Uh oh, newcomer to the series (and Xbox) and I see the tune up menu is crazy detailed. I don't know anything about the cars. Did I accidentally buy a GT-ish game? Can I get by without knowing what all that stuff means and not touching most of it?

just select auto-upgrade

Game is incredible. Is it just me or is the there something different about the controls in this vs FM5? I find this much easier to control. Pretty sure I have my settings the same with the same assists but it just seems like I can get the car to do exactly what I want and I'm able to more easily judge my speed going into corners. If I didn't get lost in cornfields I could nearly turn off the drive line.

You don't need to know it...I never mess with any of that stuff...there are automatic upgrades/tuning if you need it for a race I think

Game is incredible. Is it just me or is the there something different about the controls in this vs FM5? I find this much easier to control. Pretty sure I have my settings the same with the same assists but it just seems like I can get the car to do exactly what I want and I'm able to more easily judge my speed going into corners. If I didn't get lost in cornfields I could nearly turn off the drive line.

Horizon series is built to be more arcade-ish so the controls are tuned that way

BradC00

i just use recommended tunes.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Nah, you should be fine to just ignore it if you want.

There is an option for automatic tuning. You can also download tuning files uploaded by the community. You don't have to know anything about cars to play this game (or any Forza).

btkadams

just select auto-upgrade

You don't need to know it...I never mess with any of that stuff...there are automatic upgrades/tuning if you need it for a race I think

Horizon series is built to be more arcade-ish so the controls are tuned that way

i just use recommended tunes.

Nah, you should be fine to just ignore it if you want.

There is an option for automatic tuning. You can also download tuning files uploaded by the community. You don't have to know anything about cars to play this game (or any Forza).
Thanks guys! I will just do that then. I just finished my 3rd event and I'm loving it. It's very pretty and I really dig the handling of the cars.

aaronwt

So I had pre-ordered the Digital Ultimate Edition. I played for over 12 hours today and got over 1.2 million credits. Since the VIp wasn't working does that mean I got screwed out of an extra 1.2 million credits? Plus I had purchased some cars in game with the credits I have. I have no idea if any of those cars were part of the Ultimate Edition or free from the Forza tier I am at. I never saw anything saying that I got double VIP credits the entire time I earned all those credits.

REV 09

Absolutely loving the game. possible GOTY material for me if it keeps up. It's just so polished and fully featured...which hasn't been something that i've said for many next-gen games so far.

Deception

OK found a good strat to farm perk points. Drive down the main highway above Nice and chain together a bunch of near misses and speed bonuses through out the entire highway. Was about to get upwards of 100,000 xp per chain.

Cannot get over how fucking fun this game is to play. Looks amazing, super-addicting, and intense shit! Some of those bucket list challenges, though...pretty tough...making me want to drop some sim settings to make more doable. Also, the barn finds, so far, are really difficult to find even with the general area highlighted.

Tokubetsu

Okay I've restarted my console, launched another game, exited and relaunced Horizon but it's still stuck at the "Welcome [gamertag] Loading...please wait" screen? Wtf? It's still moving, music is playing etc etc but it won't put me in the game no matter how long I leave it there.

Top Bottom