• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

newsguy

So, the bucket list challenge that says: Take the Ford GS200 to the golf course.... What the hell does it want me to do?

You need to rack up 25k points in the time limit. I drifted and jumped like crazy (and when chained together you get many points).

Joined Gaf Club at last!

Question though, after the 3rd road trip
the train
Apart from the barn yard finds do you win any cars or is it luck on the wheel Spin?

Dear god this game is fun! I'm having trouble completing tasks because I always just end up cruising and doing stunts and such. It feels so rewarding when you pull stuff off because the physics are quasi realistic, so when I do something cool it actually took some skill!

This game is painfully beautiful.

You look at this game and wonder how the X1 could be considered weak graphically. This might be the best visuals of any next gen game out.

strata8

You look at this game and wonder how the X1 could be considered weak graphically. This might be the best visuals of any next gen game out.

And at 1080p with 4xMSAA, without dropping a single frame.

Seriously impressive considering how bandwidth-limited the XB1 is. Achieving 1080p alone was seen as difficult. 4xMSAA on top of that is just nuts.

Can anyone post me a video of the Tesla Model S? I'm dying to try it out, but I just can't drop another $20 bucks for the pass yet. Thanks!

Rampage99

So I'm absolutely loving this game... I went all in and purchased VIP and the car pass. Visuals, audio, and controls are absolutely stunning. The game is an absolute blast!

The only thing that kinda killed the experience for me was purchasing the 2013 Veloster Turbo last night. I own one of these and absolutely love the car. Owning the real thing means anything off in the game is going to stand out. The looks are spot on (other than the silver/chrome door handles which should be the body color if it's the US model) and the feel is pretty much perfect. What ruined it though was the sound. I cranked my headphones when I started up the car, hit the gas, and... Totally not the sound of my car.

The sound of the turbo wind up and blow off was completely absent. This is one of my favorite parts about driving my car. Granted, the Veloster does recirculate the air from the turbo through a bypass valve making the sound not as apparent as a turbo with a blow off valve. Still, the sound is distinctly there in the real world version and it was disappointing that it was absent in the game,

Has anyone else noticed things like this with cars they own and then drove in the game?

Alas people like to compare rather than enjoy things for what they are. It's mostly immaturity.

gamercraig

Neo Member
UK member here, I received my Day One edition in the post today, a day before official launch. What would happen, if anything, if I try and play it? I don't want to screw anything up

TK Turk

Banned
So I'm absolutely loving this game... I went all in and purchased VIP and the car pass. Visuals, audio, and controls are absolutely stunning. The game is an absolute blast!

The only thing that kinda killed the experience for me was purchasing the 2013 Veloster Turbo last night. I own one of these and absolutely love the car. Owning the real thing means anything off in the game is going to stand out. The looks are spot on (other than the silver/chrome door handles which should be the body color if it's the US model) and the feel is pretty much perfect. What ruined it though was the sound. I cranked my headphones when I started up the car, hit the gas, and... Totally not the sound of my car.

The sound of the turbo wind up and blow off was completely absent. This is one of my favorite parts about driving my car. Granted, the Veloster does recirculate the air from the turbo through a bypass valve making the sound not as apparent as a turbo with a blow off valve. Still, the sound is distinctly there in the real world version and it was disappointing that it was absent in the game,

Has anyone else noticed things like this with cars they own and then drove in the game?

I own a 2012 R8 V10 in real life, modded with exhaust. The game offers a 2013 Audi R8 v10 Plus (The R8 was skipped for model year 2013 so I'm not sure why there's a 2013, but I've seen this with other models too) and the exhaust isn't dead on but it's close enough. The R8 sounds great in real life and in the game. Good enough for me. I also have to note, I'm not really sure what my car sounds like outside the cabin, and I race the game from the 3rd person view...

dugdug

Banned
The constant freezing and bugs are really killing my buzz for this game. Hope that patch comes sooner than later.

TaKeRx

After installing an exhaust on both my M3 and STi I can say that it sounds glorious. The V8 and 2.5L boxer runble are there for sure. I'm dissapointed though that if you add any sort of force induction it doesn't sound like it would on Forza 5.

Also,when playing online with a friend, we noticed that we see each others rim color default back to the stock one. Is that normal?

Noobcraft

Can anyone post me a video of the Tesla Model S? I'm dying to try it out, but I just can't drop another $20 bucks for the pass yet. Thanks!
Here's a couple pictures I took while driving it. I don't have any videos of it yet.
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Come on GAF, our rank in the club leaderboards is pathetic.

We need to get our weight up.

Giant Bomb and Reddit beating us out :(

even other clubs with similar members passed Neogaf. Lets get it.

I would join if any of the community features worked for me. I can't even upload photos.

Krilekk

Banned
And the Europe release will not help our cause...

T10 should have learned something from the Fm5 free weekend last month, but apparently not

They did. They said two days ago that they won't send out Forza Rewards (cash and cars) until the servers are running stable. Which they are not yet, so nobody has received any rewards. They're gonna wait until next Monday is my guess.

Noobcraft

Awesome and thanks!!! How does it handle / sound?

I really dig the Tesla S in real life, so I want to try one out in Forza haha!
It handles alright, it is super quiet to drive around (just a whir after about 80mph) but its pretty tame. It can be upgraded to boost the power too which is nice. No gear shifts either which feels weird when driving it lol.

It's also RWD by default but it can be switched to awd.

Kssio_Aug

It seems the servers are much better now, will run more tests though. But yesterday my CR and XP were taking long times to summ up after races, today its how it should be (instantaneous).

Mudo

After playing the demo of this a couple weeks ago, I was floored by it and bought the night it came out. I keep hearing/reading about racing wheels and now my curiosity is picqued.

I looked around online some and since I have never had a wheel I wanted to ask if anyone has a good recommendation for one around $100-$200? I really don't want to spend 300+ bucks on a racing wheel and if that's what it will take to get something decent I will likely just use the controller and get over it lol.

TK Turk

Banned
It seems the servers are much better now, will run more tests though. But yesterday my CR and XP were taking long times to summ up after races, today its how it should be (instantaneous).

Is your world populated with actual drivatars or is everybody random and a lvl1?

zorbsie

Still haven't received my forza rewards cars and cash. Is there somewhere that will tell me it's been received? Or should I just keep checking my garage?

m23

I gave up waiting on my reward cars, ended up just buying the P1.

Can someone confirm or deny the ability to use club members cars? I haven't been able to check since there were so many server issues.

Still haven't received my forza rewards cars and cash. Is there somewhere that will tell me it's been received? Or should I just keep checking my garage?

There is a Gifts section on the Social page. I bet that's where rewards will show when they come because that's how they arrive in Forza 5.

HeliosT10

The constant freezing and bugs are really killing my buzz for this game. Hope that patch comes sooner than later.

If you're experiencing game freezes/lockups, can you please let me know the below pieces of information. This will aid us greatly in our investigations. Thanks in advance.

- Are you on the beta dashboard program
- Can you post a picture of your console info. You can find this out by following these steps on the Xbox One dash: settings->system->console info
- How full in % terms is your hard drive
- Are you using an external hard drive

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not divulge any of this info publicly.

This game really teaches you the ills of street racing. I can't even name all the times I have been barreling down the street when a Drivatar coming the other direction decides it is the perfect time to wildly pass the car in front of him.

That and the disturbing amount of cars I have slammed into the rear of who are just sitting there waiting for a left turn.

Keep it on the tracks kids! lol

zorbsie

I gave up waiting on my reward cars, ended up just buying the P1.

Can someone confirm or deny the ability to use club members cars? I haven't been able to check since there were so many server issues.

Don't think it's in there. I couldn't find an option to add or view club cars.

zorbsie

There is a Gifts section on the Social page. I bet that's where rewards will show when they come because that's how they arrive in Forza 5.

Yeah, that makes sense. So still nothing for me. I'm sure they'll show up eventually, I just don't want to buy them by accident and then have 2 of the same car.

Speaking of the message centre, I noticed that the drivatar daily payouts are much higher than they were in FM5.

Top Bottom