• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Megasoum

Banned
FYI, for the guys who are getting crashes because they are on the preview dash... While you wait for MS to fix their dash, you can always get out of the preview program (via the dashboard app) and return to the regular dash.

It's not ideal but I would totally do that if I had those crashes (I'm on the preview dash but didn't get any bugs so far).

This game really teaches you the ills of street racing. I can't even name all the times I have been barreling down the street when a Drivatar coming the other direction decides it is the perfect time to wildly pass the car in front of him.

That and the disturbing amount of cars I have slammed into the rear of who are just sitting there waiting for a left turn.

Keep it on the tracks kids! lol

Hey have you run into that lovely hill climb off road area North West of Nice?

FYI, for the guys who are getting crashes because they are on the preview dash... While you wait for MS to fix their dash, you can always get out of the preview program (via the dashboard app) and return to the regular dash.

It's not ideal but I would totally do that if I had those crashes (I'm on the preview dash but didn't get any bugs so far).

Quitting the programme doesn't seem to automatically make your Xbox update to the previous firmware. I left a few days ago and the dashboard app still says "pending".

In the meantime though I have had the preview update that fixed Forza 5.

m23

Opting out of the program doesn't take you back to the public version. You just won't get anymore preview updates.

Navy Bean

So my goal last night was to complete a few championships but I happened to be cruising in my new Ferrari near the airport and I thought, hey, I'll check that out for a minute...

...2 hours later I was still flying around having a blast racking up points. The jump through the hangar window to get the XP board is a awesome, especially if you stick the landing.

I'm pretty sure the airport is FH2's loot cave.

So my goal last night was to complete a few championships but I happened to be cruising in my new Ferrari near the airport and I thought, hey, I'll check that out for a minute...

...2 hours later I was still flying around having a blast racking up points. The jump through the hangar window to get the XP board is a awesome, especially if you stick the landing.

I'm pretty sure the airport is FH2's loot cave.

I did the same thing with the Bucket List #2 Ariel Atom event. You have to get 100K points on the wharf and it is a blast.

DRIFT AROUND ALL THE THINGS!!

Kssio_Aug

Is your world populated with actual drivatars or is everybody random and a lvl1?

Populated with drivatars. And I just did a online free-roam that I wasnt able last night!
Edit: Actually not. Everyone is level 1. But I saw one of my friends Drivatar. What is happening? I was able to upload pictures with no problems too.

GetPhoto.ashx

Not sure if I should buy. No nothing about cars, and not a huge racing fan. But demo was fun. Hmmmm

I'm not a big racing fan....last two racing games I've purchased were Forza 5 and Forza 3.

Forza Horizon 2 is incredible. Perfect mix of arcade and sim racing, visuals are unreal, just a blast. Its more like an open world exploration game than a racer.

TK Turk

Banned
Populated with drivatars. And I just did a online free-roam that I wasnt able last night!
Edit: Actually not. Everyone is level 1. But I saw one of my friends Drivatar. What is happening? I was able to upload pictures with no problems too.

When I started playing on release night, my entire world was populated with people from my friends list. They were all level 1, because they hadn't started playing horizon 2 yet and I think the drivatar was created based on Forza 5 information. Since then, my entire world has been filled with lvl 1 drivatars and names of people I don't know. I don't think they are real drivatars, but just AI with gamertags. I really hope this is fixed soon, I absolutely love the game but drivatars are one of the coolest things to happen to this generation. I love feeling like I'm racing friends.

Kssio_Aug

When I started playing on release night, my entire world was populated with people from my friends list. They were all level 1, because they hadn't started playing horizon 2 yet and I think the drivatar was created based on Forza 5 information. Since then, my entire world has been filled with lvl 1 drivatars and names of people I don't know. I don't think they are real drivatars, but just AI with gamertags. I really hope this is fixed soon, I absolutely love the game but drivatars are one of the coolest things to happen to this generation. I love feeling like I'm racing friends.

The strange is that yesterday night Im sure it was filled with random drivatars (with all different levels). It may be a server issue or theyre fixing something, idk.

TK Turk

Banned
The strange is that yesterday night Im sure it was filled with random drivatars (with all different levels). It may be a server issue or theyre fixing something, idk.

It's definitely a server problem. Not sure what time you were playing last night, but I was on all night. Earlier in the evening, I believe the connection with the server was virtually gone. As the night progressed, I started noticing improvements. Speed cameras were actually capturing my correct personal best speeds, comapring with friends and club members and even showing a leaderboard! It seems like things are progressing.

Kssio_Aug

It's definitely a server problem. Not sure what time you were playing last night, but I was on all night. Earlier in the evening, I believe the connection with the server was virtually gone. As the night progressed, I started noticing improvements. Speed cameras were actually capturing my correct personal best speeds, comapring with friends and club members and even showing a leaderboard! It seems like things are progressing.

Yup! They may have deactivated the drivatars for some reason. Maybe theyre running tests and stuff.

Hopefully everything will be fixed soon!

VRMN

So, last night, the game locked up for me in a loading screen. When I rebooted the game, it had wiped my entire garage but for my starting car and perks earned, but kept everything else, including my earned credits. I wasn't ridiculously deep into the game, but it still kind of put a damper on things. I decided to completely wipe the save and start over rather than have to start over on perks and cars without the early events to build them back up.

Fantastic game, do not mind playing the events over again on the difficulty I had gone up to. Just kind of a bummer. Weirdly it kept me in the ForzaGAF club even though I have not unlocked clubs now.

TL;DR: Glitched saves suck.

Navy Bean

I wonder if the server problems are software/coding issues or hardware/resource issues? Almost everything that touched a server was borked for me last night. I just can't believe that that many people bought this game so that the servers are getting this crushed.

zorbsie

Just finished the Horizon finale. That was amazing. I hope we can do that race in a multiplayer race. I can only imagine the mayhem that would take place.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Just finished the Horizon finale. That was amazing. I hope we can do that race in a multiplayer race. I can only imagine the mayhem that would take place.

Please don't even put it in spoiler tags, my will is not strong enough to resist.

TK Turk

Banned
I wonder if the server problems are software/coding issues or hardware/resource issues? Almost everything that touched a server was borked for me last night. I just can't believe that that many people bought this game so that the servers are getting this crushed.

I was wondering about that too. I know azure is supposed to scale based on demand, so I don't think it's a hardware limitation. Sounds more like coding issues, but I'm not really sure.

RedFury

How can I change my car? Just got the Ferrari and store just opened up...now how do I get in the car I just bought? Also is there a matte black?

shermas

After seeing the meager rewards for Rivals races, I passed on all of them until this morning... now I'm hooked on those, too.

I went to my Rivals tab, saw a couple names there and thought, 'I'll do this to kill some time.' An hour later, I'm trying to shave a couple tenths of a second off a lap time to beat someone. Insane. The CR rewards and XP rewards are more than you think they're going to be, too. Especially if you do a lap Rival race and you run a few laps to beat someone's time.

TK Turk

Banned
How can I change my car? Just got the Ferrari and store just opened up...now how do I get in the car I just bought? Also is there a matte black?

Go to the garage right by the forza center. You'll be able to get in your cars and buy other cars there. Not sure about matte black, been going with gloss thus far.

zorbsie

Go to the garage to change cars. There is a matte black option. Under paint, RB over to special colours and it should be the second option. Hit X to change the colour value. I've noticed that if you are buying the car and picking the colour you won't be able to fine tune the colour. It will be defualt matte black. Just got to design + paint section after buying the car to fine tune the colour.

RedFury

Go to the garage right by the forza center. You'll be able to get in your cars and buy other cars there. Not sure about matte black, been going with gloss thus far.
It's not the same as the "my cars" tab correct? When I try to get in the only option are remove, history, etc. That sucks (lack of matte) trying to recreate the f-100 my uncle, father and I built together.
Edit: found awesome thanks guys

Novak

What kind of DLC expansion would you like to get?

I am hoping for a big city and lots of street races. Nice is nice :) , but i want bigger city, skyscapers, lots of neon..... Basicaly PGR expansion
And maybe big mountain with multiple hill climb.
Man can dream. Right? :)

I am hoping for a big city and lots of street races. Nice is nice :) , but i want bigger city, skyscapers, lots of neon..... Basicaly PGR expansion

This man knows whats up!

I own a 2012 R8 V10 in real life, modded with exhaust. The game offers a 2013 Audi R8 v10 Plus (The R8 was skipped for model year 2013 so I'm not sure why there's a 2013, but I've seen this with other models too) and the exhaust isn't dead on but it's close enough. The R8 sounds great in real life and in the game. Good enough for me. I also have to note, I'm not really sure what my car sounds like outside the cabin, and I race the game from the 3rd person view...

It's like they got the correct exhaust note for a handful of cars and then just said "fuck it" for the rest. The C7 was the most obvious example of this to me, it just sounds horrible and nothing like the awesomeness of the LT-1.

hwy_61

Banned
How do I get screenshots to not look blurry on Facebook? I took some pictures with the photo mode and just got them from the Forza gallery website. I used one for my cover photo, and it looks fine on my phone, but pretty crappy on a PC. Do I need a capture card or something?

T-boned a tree so hard last night my game froze. Luckily it didn't lock my entire Xbox and I was just able to go back to the home menu and quit the game. This was my first crash with about 2 hours of time played.

I am in the beta preview program, but i was not on the newest update that was pushed a few days ago. I updated my console after that crash.

My hard drive is 48% full. Stock, internal.

jem0208

Alpine environment.

Nothing else.

Can anyone tell if the wheelspin perk makes any difference yet?

Unless the spins are pure shit before, I see NO difference. I waited until I got the Better Spins perk and had something like 20+ spins. I got like 3 cars (only one worth more than $100k) and like FIVE FUCKIN SPINS of $9k.

Whee.....

Alpine environment.

Nothing else.

I agree. Both this and Horizon 1 teased regions where would could expect snowy mountain roads - neither gave us that.

I loved Horizon 1, but some of the map design was poor. Both the dam and red rock roads didn't actually go anywhere. Colorado without a Ski resort? Not a great choice.

Top Bottom