• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Diablohead said:
The lack of DLC tracks along with single player implantation was terrible in F3, car packs only go so far so I am glad that they can now fully concentrate modelling for forza 4.

The back of my custom box was going to be the same as the original and the plan was just to fix the front with a new fresh look, but my scanner was a bit too good and picked up all the print ink dots and shit from the case so it looked no good, in the end I remade both front and back to keep it clean and to give the box that new green trim along the top.

Just need a good picture for the front, will have to stitch something together but it's hard to get a good box art like photo in forza.
I hope I'm not asking too much, but could you also make a cover for the GAF Collection?

G Rom

What's your GT ? I've bought this livery for my Ford GT a long time ago, maybe it was yours. :lol

Anyway, after posting, I'm gonna stitch this :
5044601337_60bb28c9a0_z.jpg

I don't think it could work very well for a boxart but I think it could look good as a
Dan Greenawalt approved
wallpaper.
Problem is that with the spot I chose, the camera is extremely close to the car which mean that it should probably be 20 shots or even more...:lol
I'll report back when I'm done with it !:D

Senua

my gamertags deththrasher, i remember it sold quite a lot in the first few weeks but i sold the game a month after i bought it lol

G Rom said:
What's your GT ? I've bought this livery for my Ford GT a long time ago, maybe it was yours. :lol

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4146/5044601337_60bb28c9a0_z.jpg[IMG]

I don't think it could work very well for a boxart but I think it could look good as a [spoiler]Dan Greenawalt approved[/spoiler] wallpaper.
Problem is that with the spot I chose, the camera is extremely close to the car which mean that it should probably be 20 shots or even more...:lol
I'll report back when I'm done with it !:D[/QUOTE]
Don't worry it'll come out great. I gave up Stitching after my first and only one from about 25+ individuals PSed together into a 4300x2300:
[URL="http://img12.abload.de/img/fm3top-secret-supra4x5nv1b.png"][IMG]http://img12.abload.de/img/fm3top-secret-supra4x5k8d4.png[/URL]
Yours will beat mine by a mile due to its superior lighting and style. I can't wait to see the full-size, I'd love to use it as a wallpaper. :)

G Rom

I'm in the long process of uploading->downloading->deleting the photos from my storefront.

Here are three photos from my now deleted 2nd photo file that I had not posted :
5045394726_5e28d7e8b7_z.jpg

5045394444_1212ede837_z.jpg

5044772175_415149a922_z.jpg

I couldn't stop from taking photos even after the 30+ ones from the stitch !:lol
5045419792_6dfd84c20d_z.jpg

5044797491_60e9f5e4e0_z.jpg

I just looked and it was your Ford GT livery that I bought in december last year, Fender_Uk !:lol

G Rom said:

5044601337_60bb28c9a0_z.jpg

I don't think it could work very well for a boxart but I think it could look good as a
Dan Greenawalt approved
wallpaper.
I'll report back when I'm done with it !:D
I think it could work if it was a tiny bit taller, only way to tell is to see your outcome and try it out :D

Magni

arbok26 said:
^^ my gosh how many hours did it take you to get 100%

its taken me 3 and half hours driving to do 3.6%....not to mention all the loading screens and menus and buying stuff...

i think its a little too long..... im a long way off buying the good cars too :(

I'm at 48% for 48h, so I'd say 100h for the 100% :lol

skyfinch

MagniHarvald said:
I'm at 48% for 48h, so I'd say 100h for the 100% :lol

Factor in the endurance races and it'll probably be much more than 100 hours. I think one endurance race only counts as 1%, and they take about an hour to complete.

Just wondering, is anyone here actually happy about the latest news of the Ultimate Edition? All I ever hear is that the loyals are pissed (and their words match their feelings).

:S. When do you guys think Turn 10 will release that pack for DLC? Cuz that's really dirty of them to do what they did.

Pepto

Banned
phosphor112 said:
Just wondering, is anyone here actually happy about the latest news of the Ultimate Edition? All I ever hear is that the loyals are pissed (and their words match their feelings).

:S. When do you guys think Turn 10 will release that pack for DLC? Cuz that's really dirty of them to do what they did.
Why are you even here?

phosphor112 said:

As someone who only owns one car pack from last year I see it as a cheap way to have all the dlc included in the box (apart from the stig set) for the future, but I would be rather angry if I was someone who wanted the latest stig garage as dlc and not just bundled into a re-release.

But I am not so I can't say much more.

Forza 3 did a rather poor job with it's dlc, it's just car's being added in with no extras and the track dlc, the single only track added, has no content for it outside of hot lapping or playing it online once in a blue moon. At least in forza 2 you had a track challenge for arcade mode but the car packs in that were just as dull.

Pepto said:
Why are you even here?
Am I not allowed here? o_O

Diablohead said:
As someone who only owns one car pack from last year I see it as a cheap way to have all the dlc included in the box (apart from the stig set) for the future, but I would be rather angry if I was someone who wanted the latest stig garage as dlc and not just bundled into a re-release.

But I am not so I can't say much more.

Forza 3 did a rather poor job with it's dlc, it's just car's being added in with no extras and the track dlc, the single only track added, has no content for it outside of hot lapping or playing it online once in a blue moon. At least in forza 2 you had a track challenge for arcade mode but the car packs in that were just as dull.

Yeah, I think it's great for those who haven't bought the game yet (just like GOTY edition of games). I was just wondering, because I told my friend that I usually play FM3 about the ultimate edition of this game, and he said he not only doesn't "give a ****" about the cars in the pack, but he doesn't plan on buying a new Forza within the next few years. I wasn't sure if that was his already standing opinion on the game or not, or if this is a common response for the news that happened.

Iknos

Cuban Legend said:
Don't worry it'll come out great. I gave up Stitching after my first and only one from about 25+ individuals PSed together into a 4300x2300:

Yours will beat mine by a mile due to its superior lighting and style. I can't wait to see the full-size, I'd love to use it as a wallpaper. :)

Did you make this one? I used it as a wallpaper for months earlier this year.

Bought a few of the car packs but decided to not buy any more until they patch in a fix to remove the perpetual steering assist.

Iknos said:

Bought a few of the car packs but decided to not buy any more until they patch in a fix to remove the perpetual steering assist.
That is a great photo if I have to say so myself. If it weren't for the blurred background/tarmac, the lighting makes it look convincingly like a real photo.

Iknos said:
Yes I did make this one, posted it in this thread way back when I made it. I would have submitted it to the Forza 3 Forums in one of the stitch threads but I never got around to it. I'm glad to hear you liked it. :)

kamkor

Neo Member
Saw a new post and thought it's a new forza podcast.. Certainly I wasn't expecting to see an awesome video insteed. :D Good job.

Trojan X

Banned
kamkor said:
Saw a new post and thought it's a new forza podcast.. Certainly I wasn't expecting to see an awesome video insteed. :D Good job.

Thanks man. Some of my friends lost count from the amount of times they watched that video. I really wanted to capture the passion and excitement we all have for the game.

So, its looks like I'll be getting the Stig's Garage DLC after all in the wake of another news.

Gotta get my SLS AMG and LFA Fix :D

Say, whatever happened to the Jalopnik Pack? there were some pretty good cars there...

fu3lfr3nzy said:
So, its looks like I'll be getting the Stig's Garage DLC after all in the wake of another news.

Gotta get my SLS AMG and LFA Fix :D

Say, whatever happened to the Jalopnik Pack? there were some pretty good cars there...

DLC? The new content can only be accessed by buying the ultimate edition right?

PjotrStroganov said:
DLC? The new content can only be accessed by buying the ultimate edition right?

damnit, you're right:

“Stig’s Garage Car Pack” -- This free Add-on Pack is exclusive for Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection owners and will feature three of the hottest supercars around: the Lexus LFA, the Koenigsegg CCX, and the Mercedes-Benz SLS-AMG. Look for profiles on all three of these amazing rides here at forzamotorsport.net in the coming weeks.

While the words "free" and "exclusive" have been thrown around, surely they want to leech $5 from current Forza 3 owners like me right? =/

Trojan X

Banned
Diablohead said:
Great stuff there, this makes me wish forza 3 had custom camera angles for replay video exporting, maybe in forza 4!

I know what you mean. If I had the dev build of the game (along with the debug xbox360) then I would have been able to pull-off some incredible racing camera angles. What took the longest though was making the Audi R8 in full 3D and figuring out the bugs in the replay to get better angles.

Oh, if you go to this link then the 1080p version of the video would be available:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBGTT6Jaqmo

skyfinch said:
Wow, nice video.

Thanks!

G Rom

The podcast is up and well... there's really nothing to learn beside the fact that Microsoft pretty much take all the decisions for Turn 10, but we already knew that. There's like 35 minutes about the 24h of LeMons which I've skipped to get to the "interesting" part. Dan just rehash all we know about the Top Gear deal, DLC, Ultimate, etc.., gives some insights on his trip to UK at the BBC HQ, says that they supposedly really really want to get exclusive cars to the community. He also says that the Stig's DLC + other 7 cars filled up a slot for DLC. :lol
He also says absolutely nothing about the Jalopnik car pack except that they have a DLC pack in the pipe... (I guess that's supposed to ease the community...:lol )

About my stitch, I don't know what went wrong but I can't do anything with the photos I've taken (neither does Photoshop, he makes a complete mess :lol ). I need to do the whole process again but I've been too busy this past week... :-/

shinnn

They talked about a rally experience with the turn10 team. I think it's part of their jobs, so expect more rally content in the next game (?)

Dan pretty much confirmed a holiday 2011 release target for the "next big thing" too.

shinnn said:
They talked about a rally experience with the turn10 team. I think it's part of their jobs, so expect more rally content in the next game (?)

Dan pretty much confirmed a holiday 2011 release target for the "next big thing" too.
I wonder if we will get a forza 4 or a forza kinect which is more like a 3.5, mid 2011 seems rather soon for another forza imo but thinking about it we have had F3 for a good year now, doesn't feel like it at all.

Rally or gravel and mud tracks would be most welcome to me, long as it is done well and feels right, keeping everything as sim as possible without giving everyone unmoveable aids just to help people stay on the road no matter how realistic and hard it all is :p

DasRaven

So we're 10 days out from the supposed release date and I can't find FM3:UC on any major retailer websites for preorder [Walmart, BestBuy, Amazon, Gamestop].

I found a bare-bones preorder listing on Newegg, but this seems like a stealth release so as not to immediately dry up demand for existing stocks of FM3:OG (which has already been marked down to $30).

DasRaven said:
So we're 10 days out from the supposed release date and I can't find FM3:UC on any major retailer websites for preorder [Walmart, BestBuy, Amazon, Gamestop].

I found a bare-bones preorder listing on Newegg, but this seems like a stealth release so as not to immediately dry up demand for existing stocks of FM3:OG (which has already been marked down to $30).
Only place i've seen it in the UK is zavvi.co.uk for £25 so it's listing as more expensive then a regular platinum title, until it's sup £20 i'll be passing since it's really just a ton of car packs included.

G Rom

The fact that we got a lot of DLC make it look like Forza 3 was out not so long ago but Forza 4 will really have had a full 2 years development cycle late 2011.

If they add dirt rally, they better be putting a great gameplay with it but honestly I don't really care for dirt rally (Dirt 3 will have that covered). Just add a true rally mode for Fujimi Kaido and Positano, get real rally cars (even if those are just generic one like the NASCAR and DTM cars) and I would be happy.

BTW, we're getting a Forza 3/Alan Wake pack over here and it's not even the Ultimate Collection in it. What's worse is that both those games are to be downloaded, there are no hard copies coming in the pack.
Thinking about it, I guess you don't even get the Day-1 DLC with this version, I guess they really want sell all those DLCs !:lol

G Rom

Yep, I wouldn't mind either as it's the game that I always have in the disc tray...

Here are some recent photos. I still haven't bothered to stitch again. Just thinking of the whole process... :-/
5086883406_ac0078af56_z.jpg

5086288775_a233dc383e_z.jpg

5086883560_439094c0bf_z.jpg

I saw in the latest WIR that they're hiring a "Cinematic Production Artist". I hope that this person will get to say things about aesthetic, replay angle, etc... and not just "create world-class visual content" as the game really needs a more artistic vision IMO.

G Rom

No, they don't need a stitch option, they need a true high-res lossless output option. Stitching crappy jpeg isn't the solution, the quality is way worse than a the real thing.
I'd rather get the possibility to upload 2 or 3 ≥8MP lossless photos than being able to upload 15/20 poorly compressed 720p jpeg but I guess I'm in the minority here as the casual gamer probably wouldn't see the difference anyway (and probably doesn't even know that he can get his photos from FM.net)... :-/

Turn 10 can continue to make us upload shitty jpegs, the only thing they need to do to make the community happier is to save high-res uncompressed files rather than the 720p compressed jpeg and make them visible rather than hidden in a photo file. That way we could easily extract the photos from our saves. Unfortunately, I don't think MS would be really happy about that... :-(

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I think that one of the main problem of the career is that it's just a bunch of sterile menus that you go through. I've already said it but a 3D representation of the whole customization menus could be done.
They should also takes things from the Codemasters and EA games. I'd love to have a sense that I'm part of a race team competing in events all over the world in different categories of racing. Thinking about it, it sounds a lot like Michel Vaillant and the Vaillante race team. Imagine if you could hook up with friends and race under the same flag with each of team members competing in different events in their own career.
Having 3D representation of the AI would be cool too, seeing them in a paddock which would fill the more you win/become famous.
I know that now that they've announced it, it may sound as copying GT, but I've always thought that the driver in the Forza series looked generic and bland. They have a great livery editor, why don't they use it to create racing cloths so that it could truly be you driving the car. They could even get racing cloth company on board.

IMO, they need to really make you feel that YOU are the driver competing in those event and not some god controlling someone's mind in races. Combine that with better events, customizable events, online events integrated in career, more racing styles (rally, elimination, etc...), integration of DLC and no all gold achievement and we could have a winner.
There's so much more that could be done in the career department... :-/

PS : It has nothing to do with career or photo mode but I also want the tire to have Michelin, BF Goodrich, Pirelli, whatever written on them. Le Mans prototype don't look right without it for example !:D

cbox

^ That's something I've wanted since the dawn of racing games.

Picture walking into a 3d garage ala PGR2 and going up to each of your supercars, getting in it, and begin your customization. The environment could change when you have a raceday, or tournament too. If some don't want to have this, they could turn it off and have a more common 2d menu. I dont understand why it's so hard for a developer to do this, it would certainly raise the bar and make you FEEL like you're actually racing and not just menu jumping...

Hawk269

While I agree with many that they need to give you the ability to output/save hi-rez, non-compressed photo's, but for me, it is more about enviroments, time of day options.

I love Forza and 3 was really good but at the same time really disapointing. If I am playing a sim racing game with a touch of arcade, they need to make realistic pit stops finally. 3 games into the Series, they still have not nailed it and it has actually progressively has become worse as the series continues.

Here is my wish list:

1. At least 24 Unique enviroments w/2-4 variantions per enviroment
2. Time of day options/static or even variable (morning, afternoon/dusk/night).
3. Functional Pit Stops, Pit Stop Strategy

For MP Games, you should have the option to turn fuel/tires to 2x/4x/6x/8x/10x wear/fuel. So if you are playing a 20 lap race and you set it at 8x wear/fuel, you would need at least 1 or 2 pitstops.

I just really hope they deliver with the next game. They have done so many great things, but alot of things have eluded them and they need it to nail it this time.

G Rom

The full pit crew was part of my immersion thing. I was imagining the full pit crew and the ability to change driver in endurance races (could be AI or human via XBL). You could see the driver coming to help you get out of the car (if it's a race car obviously) and as you walk in the garage to get your eyes on the TV, you turn back to see the car going back in the field. All of that would be in first person of course.
I agree on the pit stop, when your 5 year old game from the previous generation has the best pit stops from your franchise, something is wrong. I'd love to have realistic pit stop and scalable tire/fuel. Another that I would dig, is the ability for your crew to repair partially broken bumpers with duck tape. It wouldn't repair all of the aero of course but as it is now, it's completely unrealistic. In most racing series, you can get your aero partially or totally fixed... :-/

I agree (and already said it) that they need to free the photo mode from all its boundaries.

A new batch of photo. I just love how you can make the SUVs look pimpy, I should have put DUB rims on this Touareg !:lol
I want people carrier races in the next Forza. Give me a 1984 Renault Espace !:lol
5092265043_55c240dbb4_z.jpg

5092861644_fd3f7a7528_z.jpg

5092861516_47af1104ec_z.jpg

5092264251_09b7fe04d0_z.jpg

5092264429_36237e2aec_z.jpg

5092264575_c91a431fff_z.jpg

5092861394_3c633d5142_z.jpg

Hawk269 said:
While I agree with many that they need to give you the ability to output/save hi-rez, non-compressed photo's, but for me, it is more about enviroments, time of day options.

I love Forza and 3 was really good but at the same time really disapointing. If I am playing a sim racing game with a touch of arcade, they need to make realistic pit stops finally. 3 games into the Series, they still have not nailed it and it has actually progressively has become worse as the series continues.

Here is my wish list:

1. At least 24 Unique enviroments w/2-4 variantions per enviroment
2. Time of day options/static or even variable (morning, afternoon/dusk/night).
3. Functional Pit Stops, Pit Stop Strategy

For MP Games, you should have the option to turn fuel/tires to 2x/4x/6x/8x/10x wear/fuel. So if you are playing a 20 lap race and you set it at 8x wear/fuel, you would need at least 1 or 2 pitstops.

I just really hope they deliver with the next game. They have done so many great things, but alot of things have eluded them and they need it to nail it this time.

Pit stops are not casual friendly so no, we won't see it in the next Forza.

Top Bottom