• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

G Rom

I wouldn't be so sure about that. You can't get more casual than the Kinect BS they showed at E3 and after the GT5 tsunami (which MS seem to ignore), Turn 10 will need to really shine among the enthusiasts and its own community to get some sales back, especially after all the BS they pulled on us with Forza 3.
They basically reached the current end of the casual part of the consumer spectrum with Kinect and Forza 3 added much more casual features (rewind, autobrake, audio voice, auto-tune, etc...) than simulation ones (tire flex, clutch, what else ?) gameplay wise.

Also, don't forget that many GT players considered Forza as a stop gap before what they consider "the real thing". If Turn 10 (and MS) doesn't go all out with Forza 4, then I can see it doing much worse compared to 2 and 3 in sales. The Forza brand means next to nothing compared to the GT one (even after 3 worthy efforts from Turn 10, it's still the sad factual truth), MS won't be able to simply rely on that to sell the 4th one. In fact, it will be the first time since Forza 1 that the studio will need get in "conquer mode", because this time they will have competition, and a pretty damn huge one !

Let just hope that Microsoft will make everything it can to support Turn 10 and the Forza franchise so that we get another kick-ass racing game to play from fall 2011 onward. 2011 seem covered !:D
With the delays though, you never know...:lol

Hey guys,
Can you please tell me what the FIRST Jalopnik pack was and included?

Also, what are we expecting in this one.

Sorry it's been a long time between DLCs, and the buzz surrounding the game that once took up a heck of a lot of my time and enjoyment has somewhat diminished....

Also, I read a rumour of a Old School Le Mans pack including the Mazda 787B etc a while ago. Has this eventuated?

Ps GRom any tips or good settings for photomode? Or is that kind of thing taboo to bring up.....? :p

shinnn

evil_as_skeletor said:
Hey guys,
Can you please tell me what the FIRST Jalopnik pack was and included?

Also, what are we expecting in this one.

Sorry it's been a long time between DLCs, and the buzz surrounding the game that once took up a heck of a lot of my time and enjoyment has somewhat diminished....

Also, I read a rumour of a Old School Le Mans pack including the Mazda 787B etc a while ago. Has this eventuated?

Ps GRom any tips or good settings for photomode? Or is that kind of thing taboo to bring up.....? :p

Jalopnik Car Pack #1
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Jalopnik_Car_Pack/

What to expect in pack #2
http://jalopnik.com/5459331/forzalopnik-your-winners-are-here/gallery/

Vorg

Banned
More pics

Forza106.jpg

Forza111.jpg

giving away stig car packs? that just makes it even worse that the pack is limited to the UE only and now a few winners, lol nice way to piss off your community there turn10.

G Rom

I saw that but as always, the timing was not Europe friendly at all, so I went to bed in the middle of the trivia. The questions were so simple that it's not even funny... :-/

Quick edit : Sorry for that message Jube, I hadn't see... Thanks !:lol
I'm off taking some photos then...:D

G Rom said:
I saw that but as always, the timing was not Europe friendly at all, so I went to bed in the middle of the trivia. The questions were so simple that it's not even funny... :-/

Quick edit : Sorry for that message Jube, I hadn't see... Thanks !:lol
I'm off taking some photos then...:D
If there is one person who deserves an early dlc code so you can take tons of awesome screenshots :p

I really hope in the next game each car in the dlc pack comes with at least one custom challenge, like a dedicated hot lap time to beat or special race using that car, then throw in a cheese mint for beating the challenge with all the cars in the given pack, I would buy the car packs for sure then. Right now they are just some more cars to pad out the stock ones and I still have fun driving the featured cars which game with the game, any more for me is currently a waste of 400 allards a month.

G Rom

After waiting forever for the latest update of the dashboard to be downloaded (I guess this preview really is a beta this time, as I seem to be getting updates daily), I finally got around to download the pack and try it.

First, some "old" photos that I hadn't uploaded :
5106617283_c0ff3e0d31_z.jpg

5106617247_e99bc79405_z.jpg

5106617167_3b17182439_z.jpg

And a photo from each of the three beasts :

5106616537_0362e1c60f_z.jpg

5107214406_c8ac54af46_z.jpg

5107214628_07491486f8_z.jpg

If you want more, head over here...

Some quick impressions after 2 quick laps and some time in the photo mode with each of the car :
-The CCX really is well done, same for the LF-A
-The SLS has some big polygon issue in the back. I don't understand as it will probably be the most watched and compared car of the three...
-The SLS is a pain in the ass to photograph, the amount of specular lighting is unrivaled on this car ! :-/
-The cockpit are very good except, as always, for the shaders but we're kinda used to that now
-The sound of the SLS is godly, just like the V8-powered C63 AMG !
-The CCX seems really fast, it has a stock speed rating of 9.2. I'll have to try to max it on the Hunaudière straight of Le Mans.

I'll take some more pictures and maybe make some videos too.

G Rom

Fuck you Diablohead !:lol

Some pics of the LFA. The sound is indeed very nice, fu3lfr3nzy. I just compared to the Top Gear review and it's actually pretty close to the real thing IMO. Only problem with the car (just like IRL) is the price, 550,000 Cr...
I'd kill for a money cheat code seriously. I've barely been able to afford the SLS which is the less expensive of the three... :-/

5108207572_19d1a1a32d_z.jpg

5108207702_6c8c198356_z.jpg

5107610897_eea77a9910_z.jpg

5108207956_f1dd2d994e_z.jpg

5107611091_5979c3dbf2_z.jpg

5108208254_c87588486c_z.jpg

5107611353_3418de3e3c_b.jpg

PS : I don't know what's wrong with FM.net again but it uploads my photos in a completely random order...

G Rom

2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. :)
5107718969_2b5cfbfc54_z.jpg

5107718875_f68b88b940_z.jpg

5108316966_98917d065c_z.jpg

5108316848_bda29ea20a_z.jpg

5107718443_46b2b4e27a_z.jpg

5108316620_137e832994_z.jpg

5107718171_d36fb426f5_z.jpg

5107718039_a86ff2f9e3_z.jpg

It seriously is the worst offender I've encountered on the specular lighting subject... :-/
It's simply impossible to take a direct shot the back, you have to take it from the side or from the maximum height of 2m or you'll end up blinding yourself with all this white crap !

G Rom

2006 Koenigsegg CCX, this thing is insanely fast yet very controllable :
5107852607_e40bca2c35_z.jpg

5108450770_003004c1d5_z.jpg

5107853159_d4dcab13c6_z.jpg

5107853007_0c1170f07d_z.jpg

5108450400_6fd9d145a0_z.jpg

5107852781_3873835de6_z.jpg

5107852695_3205ca5a97_z.jpg

5108449974_0428f8b7e3_z.jpg

5107852423_ae1688236e_z.jpg

And because you've asked for it...

5107852299_dd95343a3f_z.jpg

:lol :lol

FM.net is so damn slow, I spent a good 2 hours uploading video clips but i've given up on making a video, takes too long :/ It's also taking like 1+ minutes to load up a photo image, please turn10 fight the fight against microsoft to allow usb saving for your next game.

I was lucky to get a code for the stig pack so I decided to make a livery based on my older but cool looking R-35 design, I think it looks great on the lexus.

51ewyu.png

Ridge and Orange variants :p

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
My PM inbox is mysteriously empty... ;)

Think I'll load up FM3 tomorrow and get picture taking. Need to delete some off my HDD or it takes 5 mins to take one pic. Lol.

Hopefully plenty of VIP cars waiting for me, as well. :)

G Rom

Thanks BADNED ! :)

Your livery looks awesome on the LFA, Diablohead !
I agree on FM.net issue, it's terrible and seem to only get worse... :-/
And to think that one of those CCX shots was my 800th uploaded photo according to my storefront stats. Makes me wonder how I bore that slowness...:lol

Edit :
cjelly said:
Think I'll load up FM3 tomorrow and get picture taking. Need to delete some off my HDD or it takes 5 mins to take one pic. Lol.

If you've got your photos on your PC or Mac, you're better off deleting the whole file as it'll take forever to scroll through your photos to delete some. I'm personally on my a third file already. I didn't wait as long to delete the second one as I knew there was no point in keeping the original files.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
G Rom said:
Thanks BADNED ! :)

Your livery looks awesome on the LFA, Diablohead !
I agree on FM.net issue, it's terrible and seem to only get worse... :-/
And to think that one of those CCX shots was my 800th uploaded photo according to my storefront stats. Makes me wonder how I bore that slowness...:lol
Did you try saving to a USB? might be quicker.

Oh yeah I tried the lexus in A600 class using 4WD, set it up rather nice and was able to beat some of my old top personal times.. to still get creamed by audi A4's online, lol broken game is broken

G Rom

I already save on the Forza 3 USB Key, it's indeed a bit faster but now, I'll delete every 250/300 photos. I'm currently nearing 100 on this file so I've still got room. :)

Edit : How could you afford the LFA, Diablohead ?!
I would love to get it and the CCX in my career... :(

G Rom said:
I already save on the Forza 3 USB Key, it's indeed a bit faster but now, I'll delete every 250/300 photos. I'm currently nearing 100 on this file so I've still got room. :)

Edit : How could you afford the LFA, Diablohead ?!
I would love to get it and the CCX in my career... :(
I had about 4.5m saved up from working towards all gold in single player races.

nlri2c.png

16iz9j4.png

*edit* if you buy the forza wing for the lexus it is wider then the car :lol

Arucardo

Tried to win one of those codes from twitter last night (3-5am :lol ) with little success :( .

Been meaning to play some forza for a while now during weekends but I always get caught up in other stuff. Sold my MS Wireless Racing Wheel too (for twice the amount that I paid for it myself) so now it's probably time to start saving for a fanatec wheel :D . I just wish that Logitech or Mad Catz made a wheel that works on 360 and PC that has a clutch and a shifter.

That's one sexy car pack! The LF-A looks great fun to paint on as well! The last car I really put my heart and soul in was the Up car collab with Jube. The LFA would be a great restart. Will it be available on XBL as well?

G Rom

Depends where you're from. It comes in the US and UK on october 29th. Other countries will follow in the weeks/months. For example, here in France it's scheduled for 2011...

@Arucardo : I'd kill to get a Fanatec wheel too. I still kick myself in the nuts every now and then for missing the Road&Track competition deadline... :(

@P3tran : Nice photo !:lol

BADNED

G Rom said:
Depends where you're from. It comes in the US and UK on october 29th. Other countries will follow in the weeks/months. For example, here in France it's scheduled for 2011...

To be more precise, USA,Canada October 26th and UK, Ireland, Germany October 29th.

Jesus what a sexy car pack. The sounds of all three cars are absolutely ridiculous, but in terms of driving I have one surprising favorite:

Iv5xG.jpg

BADNED said:
To be more precise, USA,Canada October 26th and UK, Ireland, Germany October 29th.

Sweet, so this tuesday? Why did they have to be so secretive about it? :( And I hope Amazon gets it soon since they don't even have a listing for it.

DasRaven

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Sweet, so this tuesday? Why did they have to be so secretive about it? :( And I hope Amazon gets it soon since they don't even have a listing for it.

Amazon finally has a listing (a Target pre-order only so far).

And as to the secrecy, what will the value of any remaining stock of the original release be after Tuesday? Exactly!

G Rom

The remaining stock of the original game will go in the holiday bundles (it has already started over here).

@fu3lfr3nzy : Well, the way Turn 10 give many code to their core community makes me think they (read MS) really don't have plans to release it anytime soon or they really wanted to extinguish some fires...
We were lucky that this was a download (which meant a code was possible) because the other seven exclusive cars are probably on the second dvd of the UE which means the owners of original will probably never be able to get them.
Which makes me think that we still haven't got any clarifications about those "new" Audi which were already in the game.

A new LFA shot :
5110283827_c7e298ec46_z.jpg

A WIP on the SLS. Will it remain a WIP like every other liveries I've attempted to make in the game ?:lol
5110884342_9537eb6431_z.jpg

5110283513_193efaf88f_z.jpg

5110283357_7b754e2977_z.jpg

5110883834_914e968c38_z.jpg

DasRaven said:
Amazon finally has a listing (a Target pre-order only so far).

And as to the secrecy, what will the value of any remaining stock of the original release be after Tuesday? Exactly!

I guess, but if you search forza 3 that doesn't come up. Is it really going to be $29.99? I thought it was supposed to be $59.99 again?

Top Bottom