• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport has gone out to reviewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Some new photomode and Forzavista screens
forza-motorsport-2023-38927-1566888-1.jpg

forza-motorsport-2023-38927-8949047-8.jpg

forza-motorsport-2023-38927-1513264-9.jpg

forza-motorsport-2023-38927-2759973-10.jpg

forza-motorsport-2023-38927-2126995-11.jpg

forza-motorsport-2023-38927-6487499-2.jpg

Ozriel

M$FT
wonder if the early access will cause GAF to have a meltdown :)

After the complete silence around a similar scheme for BG3 and the current silence around Mortal Kombat’s similar plans, It’ll probably be hard to push meltdowns again over Forza. But we’ll see.

There is a smell of a "creative decision" in the air.

All previews confirm RT on track. More reading, less snark?

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
That's weird they did not show a build with RT in gameplay in today's gameplay video.
But on that screen the resolution clearly takes a hit, maybe a setting to get 4K (or closer) without RT.
There is a native 4k60 mode which they showed in all there gameplay video's, which is stupid with all that compression anyway.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
RT reflections is on during gameplay on every car but with dynamic 4K resolution at "locked" 60fps running on SSX.
WRX-Chase-Turn-1-Backfire.png

Every car is an overkill, most people would be ok with the player car and cars in certain proximity.

If they're able to get it and retain the staple air-tight 60 FPS they do, that'd be pretty impressive.

Darsxx82

-Modes: 4K 60 FPS, DRS 4K 60fps RT, 4K 30fps. RTDuring the race.

It looks like RT will be present in pre-race scenes, replays, and cutscenes in all modes.
- Night races now feature dynamic shadows. Your car lights, other car lights, even track lights cast dynamic shadows, and it makes for a cool racing experience at night time.

-Track detail are super

The new gameplay looks great. Animated pit stops and cutscenes greatly enhance the atmosphere. The replays (with RT) seem much better finished and with camera shots and more television effects... In general, very good news. It remains to know the DRS margins up to 4K in RT 60fps mode.

Ozriel

M$FT
Couple of written previews

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Looking much better.

The thing that's actually standing out to me is the sound, it's a much improved mix compared to 7 (in terms of road/tire noise etc).
I look forward to hearing it on headphones as well.

I debated if this was new thread worthy but decided I was too lazy to keep one updated :)

Reactions: GHG

Punished Miku

Gold Member

This will be my first time really trying a sim racer. Thinking of it like an RPG would be great. I just hope it's accessible to me at all. Even Horizon is more sim than most racers I play.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

So there's 2 Ray tracing modes.

Performance RT with variable resolution scaling.

4K 30 Ray tracing Quality mode

I'll be honest. That's disappointing.

Ozriel

M$FT
Yes it's a serious post. No serious sim racer should ever have a 30fps option. Ever.

Bruh, I had to dig out my dictionary to see if the meaning of the word ‘option’ had changed.

It has the modes that works for you. You’re actually disappointed they added an option for edge cases? 😂

This may well be the strangest post I’ve seen here in a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom