• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport has gone out to reviewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magik85

This level of rotation is not in the game from what we've seen. I'm talking about the gamescom demo.
Actually i think its there.
pzjaFlC.jpg

Car models matter to car enthusiasts, it's like a Tactical FPS having wonky gun models. I actually do not use the R32 skyline in Forza games because of how abysmal it looks, even though it's one of my favourite cars of all time. They still use models that were sourced in 2004/5 before they scanned cars, they look so out of place next to the beautifully accurate scanned models of later games yet they still persist. It's an issue that T10 just seem to mostly ignore. They redid a lot of them for FM5/FH2 such as the F40 and XJ220 but still some remain and they stick out like a sore thumb, especially in the ninth generation of consoles.
Remember GT on the PS3 when they had the 'standard' cars? which pretty much were ps1/2 models with blank dashboards. Now there's outcry because indicator lights are not shaded properly, sad that gaming has come to this anymore. Having played every forza extensively they always deliver and I'm sure it will be a fantastic game especially since it's been in the works for almost 7 years.

Remember GT on the PS3 when they had the 'standard' cars? which pretty much were ps1/2 models with blank dashboards. Now there's outcry because indicator lights are not shaded properly, sad that gaming has come to this anymore. Having played every forza extensively they always deliver and I'm sure it will be a fantastic game especially since it's been in the works for almost 7 years.

GT was called out and ridiculed for that and that was like 14 years ago. It wasnt acceptable then and it definitely isn't acceptable now. You are making it sound like even the fans were ok with those ps2 port cars.

If the competition has shaded properly a tiny spark plug, yeah you better do yours as well because whats their excuse, a company with more money and time.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why are you trying to pretend that GT wasn't ridiculed and raked over the coals for that?

20 tracks at launch is a bit disappointing especially compared to Forza 7 but full day night cycle and weather makes up for it tbh

Elysium44

Banned
So the embargo ends today, will we get full reviews or just detailed hands-on impressions? Should be fascinating either way. Finally we will get a load of definite answers about this game.

Elysium44

Banned
By that count, all reviews are cherry picked to some extent since outlets are pre-determined.

You wanted more info on Forza and you’re going to get it. Info on multiplayer, visuals, tracks, content, vehicle handling etc. Dismissing it as ‘cherry picked impressions’ is strange.

I'm glad to get the info but it will be through a filter of selected people who probably won't be very critical of any shortcomings. It isn't 'strange' to recognise this.

Ozriel

M$FT
I'm glad to get the info but it will be through a filter of selected people who probably won't be very critical of any shortcomings. It isn't 'strange' to recognise this.

You last week: “everything is secretive and opaque”

Now you’re getting transparency and significantly more detail, the complaint has pivoted to “they won’t be critical or negative enough for me”

You’ll have reviews to help you with that. Codes will be sent to over 100 reviewers as usual, well before you need to make a purchase.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Damn you need to be on the pc Sims with that setup!
I got csl dd pro 8nm and a couple of wheels. Handbrake and shifter so I deffo want to get on drift 2.0.

Which assetto corsa should I get? Any specific add ons etc?

Still waiting for it to be delivered. Can't wait.

Last edited:
I don't know that! Seems great! I hope this changes tthis typical unexcited driving feeling in the older Forzas!

I've always had the feeling that the cars hovering over the street with no real contact.

Great to see that's on the List to solve!
literally changes everything regards to on track physics, will result in far more realistic handling across the board. Can't wait to try it soon.

drotahorror

I got csl dd pro 8nm and a couple of wheels. Handbrake and shifter so I deffo want to get on drift 2.0.

Which assetto corsa should I get? Any specific add ons etc?

Still waiting for it to be delivered. Can't wait.

Get both AC's. Both of them can be got for $20 total more than likely (when on sale). They were both in a humble bundle last month.

With old AC, you need to get Content Manager. It's a front loader basically that lets you mod/tweak/bind keys/custom patches/etc for Assetto Corsa. I'd argue it's basically necessary.

ACC is good to go out the box.

Codemasters WRC is coming out next month so that's one to be on the lookout for.

If you want an arcadey game The Crew Motorfest is out today. I've heard the wheel support is solid. I'll see for myself in a few hours.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Get both AC's. Both of them can be got for $20 total more than likely (when on sale). They were both in a humble bundle last month.

With old AC, you need to get Content Manager. It's a front loader basically that lets you mod/tweak/bind keys/custom patches/etc for Assetto Corsa. I'd argue it's basically necessary.

ACC is good to go out the box.

Codemasters WRC is coming out next month so that's one to be on the lookout for.

If you want an arcadey game The Crew Motorfest is out today. I've heard the wheel support is solid. I'll see for myself in a few hours.

Thx for the advice I'll pick those up. Think I might have the first from a sale a while ago

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Bottom left one looks attractive. Though I notice it says the game only gives its best graphics at 4k30.
I agree with your other post as things do looked washed out

Maybe I was expecting too much but I really hoped to be blown away by this game graphics wise being built from the ground up for the Seres consoles mantra

I am 100% playing this on PC and really hoped we would see ultra graphics gameplay

Elysium44

Banned
I agree with your other post as things do looked washed out

Maybe I was expecting too much but I really hoped to be blown away by this game graphics wise being built from the ground up for the Seres consoles mantra

I am 100% playing this on PC and really hoped we would see ultra graphics gameplay

I think this is the first Forza for a while (perhaps ever) without a track where it's really graphically impressive even if it isn't necessarily great to race on. New York City, Tokyo, Prague, Rio, Fujimi Kaido, Bernese Alps etc.

It looks fine but doesn't REALLY seem much of a leap over the last gen Forzas.

I see it still has the exaggerated reflection in the windscreen in cockpit view which I'm not a fan of. In previous Motorsport games you couldn't turn this off like you can in Horizon games either. (Not even on PC.)

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I think this is the first Forza for a while (perhaps ever) without a track where it's really graphically impressive even if it isn't necessarily great to race on. New York City, Tokyo, Prague, Rio, Fujimi Kaido, Bernese Alps etc.

It looks fine but doesn't REALLY seem much of a leap over the last gen Forzas.

I see it still has the exaggerated reflection in the windscreen in cockpit view which I'm not a fan of. In previous Motorsport games you couldn't turn this off like you can in Horizon games either. (Not even on PC.)
I agree it does look fine I just expected more I guess

Still can't wait to play it and wonder if the early access will cause GAF to have a meltdown :)

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
New gameplay video :

Preview build, I see no RT in gameplay, the only "RT on track" is during replays and intro sequences.

Have to admit love the sound of the electric motor then switch to gas around 3:01 coming from someone who drives an electric F150 and a plug in hybrid Wrangler 4xE that sound is awesome

Uh oh, are they doing the old "add on purchase required for the real day 1" shtick again?
They did for the last Forza and had well over 1 million of us in game I bet they do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom