• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

BADNED

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Sweet, so this tuesday? Why did they have to be so secretive about it? :( And I hope Amazon gets it soon since they don't even have a listing for it.
Don't know why T10 has not the exact dates on their site but Microsoft had them in their press release.

BTW UK residents and people who like to get their games from the UK might take a look at Zavvi and Play.com as they both are offering the FM3UC £7 off the regular price.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...mate-edition/10271921.html?switchcurrency=GBP

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4...rt-3-Ultimate-Collection/Product.html?cur=257

By the current exchange rate and compared to the 40 Euros you have to pay for example in Germany, pretty cheap.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Took a few pics of DAT LEXUS. :lol

Lovely little car pack. I forgot there were only three cars in it! Still got the Ultimate Collection pre-ordered, as I'd like the other exclusive cars, too.

5111055516_2c9bb080c3_o.jpg

5110454491_bf9c66345a_o.jpg

5110454377_0c116141d0_o.jpg

skyfinch

Is it me, or is the dash (mainly the speedometer), on the SLS and CCX super low res?

Regardless, that Stig sure knows how to pick them. These 3 cars are beasts.

Love those photos, G Rom.

Edit, this is badass too.
5110454491_bf9c66345a_o.jpg

h3ro

You guys are making me jealous. Stop.... please?

G Rom, don't forget the new Allianz livery that the SLS is running right now. We saw plenty of it today in Korea. :D

Allianz+sponsors+Formula+1+Safety+Car+photos.jpg

G Rom

Thanks skyfinch.
I didn't notice anything special concerning the dashboards, only the usual stuff (awful shaders, some sort of aliasing on the digital speedo/temp/etc and lack of polygons)

Great composition on those photos, cjelly. This pink ruins the LFA though !:lol
Fujimi Kaido is one of those track that I don't think about at all when picking a photo location. Must be those awful career races which made me forget it...:lol

G Rom

A new batch with the CCX on Fujimi Kaido. :D

5114302192_766238fb87_z.jpg

5113700381_5ab85814c2_z.jpg

5114301922_d3b00d15d3_z.jpg

5114301810_5144b2d9d9_z.jpg

5114301702_2513a5b759_z.jpg

I really need to get enough money to buy the LFA to try some liveries you've made Diablo. I hope it will be a better investment than my SLS which can enter only one uncompleted event of my list... :-/

skyfinch

G Rom said:
A new batch with the CCX on Fujimi Kaido. :D

I really need to get enough money to buy the LFA to try some liveries you've made Diablo. I hope it will be a better investment than my SLS which can enter only one uncompleted event of my list... :-/

I have 3 million credits that I'll never use, so I bought the LFA and gifted it you. :D

G Rom

Thank you skyfinch, I didn't expect that ! :)

Well, I took a couple of photos of your red Ridge Racer livery, Diablo :
5114893925_edcfa62ccd_z.jpg

5115494474_75d4f8cd88_z.jpg

And a random shot of my tuned Yaris that I took this afternoon while doing a career race !:lol
5115503290_4af2f5c2e6_z.jpg

Always feels good when someone else plays with a livery I made :lol love the first picture, nice slide!

I kind of hate how blocky some of the textures get, damn 360 hardware limits :(

G Rom

Blame Turn 10 for being lazy with the renderer, not the Xbox 360's limitation. In fact you can get the high-res textures if you take a photo... in the menu... :-/
That's why I never do photos of cars with liveries, the dumbed down textures don't show the true quality of the livery itself.

Anyway :
5115628972_7f16772d0f_z.jpg

5115628848_886af0b8d8_z.jpg

5115028963_7d66a71579_z.jpg

The lighting on the Nurbürgring GP track really is the best to work with. I want the same level on all tracks in Forza 4. Oh and get some MLAA in there too, the game badly needs it, especially when you're gaming upscaled at 1080p...

I really need to try out the nurb but refuse to buy it because it's implanted poorly aka no real reason to own it unless I play online a lot. It seems to have better replay angles too so I hope all that knowledge carries over to their next forza.

Cuban Legend said:
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFR0YXBbz8A]Meh[/URL], I better get some good money for my LCE trade-in or else I'll pass.
You will most likely get shit without the dlc codes, plus don't trade just ebay it you always end up with more money in return.

G Rom

Broman1978 said:
Amazing :D

Got that in Hi-Res?

Well, the highest res I have is 720p and I didn't check (I've stopped to do so a long time ago, knowing the result each time) but as Pizza Luigi said, the compression is probably awful...

For those interested, I did three replays that I uploaded here.
I'm trying to do some drift on the Nurbürgring GP Track in the LFA one (there's some nice slides and a 360° in this one :lol ) while the CCX (on Le mans' old track) and SLS (clean lap of the Nordschleife) ones are more serious. :D

Edit :
cjelly said:
Should have my UC tomorrow.. Shame I already have all the DLC. :lol

When you get it, could you please look for the other seven exclusive cars. See what's the deal about those "new" Audi and take some pictures of the 037, Cuda, etc...:D

Jube3

G Rom said:
Well, the highest res I have is 720p and I didn't check (I've stopped to do so a long time ago, knowing the result each time) but as Pizza Luigi said, the compression is probably awful...

For those interested, I did three replays that I uploaded here.
I'm trying to do some drift on the Nurbürgring GP Track in the LFA one (there's some nice slides and a 360° in this one :lol ) while the CCX (on Le mans' old track) and SLS (clean lap of the Nordschleife) ones are more serious. :D

Edit :

When you get it, could you please look for the other seven exclusive cars. See what's the deal about those "new" Audi and take some pictures of the 037, Cuda, etc...:D

I'll see if I can get some shots of the other cars today, the three Audi cars sport an ultimate livery (each one is different).

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Got the UC.

There are only 3 codes: Top Gear cars, theme and video.

I guess all the other DLC is on disc 2 which is nice for those who like to have hard copies. :)

G Rom

Man, if only I could get my hands on this second disc to only install those seven cars (or only the old car as I don't care for the Audi if it's only some liveries)... :-/
I still don't understand this decision to put exclusive cars in the platinum release...

Outside of playing around with the stig pack I been slowly picking at the single player races I am now officialy bored of Forza 3, somehow Forza 2 was more entertaining for me since I beat that game 100% nearly 3 times overall, Forza 3's single player is such a snooze fest that I have no will to sit there and play it, even bored of thinking about an a.i driver doing to work for me. I think it's mainly because this game was just another regular Forza with a fresh coat of paint and a storefront added in.

Forza 3 did some great things but at the same time it went backwards for it's single player approach, the yearly racing calender was just the game making you play from a limited choice of events after each race and you would end up with repeats too often, the huge list of events feels like too much, most race tracks in the game are rather large for an 8 car race and well there is nothing there at all to mix things up.

If the next sequel is just the same sort of game but with weather thrown in, i'll pass it at launch and wait to grab it cheap, 3 games now and well I think the 4th should bring something much more original to the table.

Mush

I can't find anything about the Ultimate Collection here in NZ. I know it says "in the coming months" on fm.net for everyone outside the US, but yeah... "that other game" just isn't cutting it at the moment.

Kryten

It's be nice of some of the twitter contests etc. for the Stig pack could be timed more nicely for those of us who don't live on the US West Coast.....

/grumble.

skyfinch

Just a head's up. You can DL a free sample of the ultimate pack. It's an older model Porsche. Slow (only goes to 4th gear), but handles fairly well.

Kryten

Stig pack am got - thanks T10 :) If you posted a car memory on their blog, go back and check your messages, my code was sitting there in a PM from an admin.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
What's up with the ultimate collection? I went to buy it today and no story had it. Didn't it release last month?

Pepto

Banned
skyfinch said:
Just a head's up. You can DL a free sample of the ultimate pack. It's an older model Porsche. Slow (only goes to 4th gear), but handles fairly well.
The free Porsche seems to be a new leaderboard car.

DasRaven

godhandiscen said:
What's up with the ultimate collection? I went to buy it today and no story had it. Didn't it release last month?

According to T10, it was a "soft" release which would replace the existing SKU as supplies ran out over time. Then, last week, most online retailers suddenly lost all their stock of the original SKU and this week they are shipping the UC SKU. I just got mine delivered from Amazon while all the local GameStop & BestBuy still have the original for sale.

Seems to me that MSFT bought back the languishing e-tailer stock for the holiday bundle and left the B&Ms with the soft release strategy.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Well damn, they are out of stock at e-tailers too. Pretty lame. I don't know when I will feel with the impulse of buying this game again. If it goes past christmas and I can't get one then I am definitely just waiting for FM4.

thundr51

DasRaven said:
According to T10, it was a "soft" release which would replace the existing SKU as supplies ran out over time. Then, last week, most online retailers suddenly lost all their stock of the original SKU and this week they are shipping the UC SKU. I just got mine delivered from Amazon while all the local GameStop & BestBuy still have the original for sale.

Seems to me that MSFT bought back the languishing e-tailer stock for the holiday bundle and left the B&Ms with the soft release strategy.

Hmm, so the odds of me getting it are going to zero pretty quickly... I asked around a couple of places when I was looking for kinect stuff and nobody had a clue what I was talking about.

Any word if T10 has come to their senses yet and decided to offer the pack to everyone yet?

G Rom

I downloaded the free Ultimate Car Pack and was able to use the capture card of my brother (the one from which I stole this account:lol ) to make some stitches and photos (he did some too) :

My brother's photos and stitches :
5171918019_415acc8151_b.jpg

5172104865_d6dab24bd9_b.jpg

5172231199_f47fc82534_b.jpg

5172834862_664cc315a2_b.jpg

5172230829_fc127b3e4a_b.jpg

5172834504_3efc62cae5_b.jpg

5172230387_c3b55abc2e_b.jpg

My photos and stitches :
5172521994_106b34b2f1_b.jpg

5171974455_e66ce37d5a_b.jpg

5172105069_903dbb87fc_b.jpg

5172229737_f48987ee86_b.jpg

5172230189_d601f8cdc2_b.jpg

5172229933_7428386a71_b.jpg

PS : The description for the free pack is ridiculous. It perfectly sums up the non sense that this Ultimate Edition is : "Here is a free car for the game you already own. BTW if you want seven other cars, just buy our game once again !" :-/

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Courtesy of Jube, I am giving away 10 Stigs Garage Codes on my publication's twitter if anyone is up for winning them from me. Winners will be selected tomorrow afternoon. All you have to do is follow and retweet.

GameZone Twitter

Thanks to Jube. If you are from GAF, give me a @reply on Twitter so I know who you are and that ya'll are following us =)

G Rom

Unregistered007 said:

Is that a stealth troll ? There are no jaggies in photo mode, only poor jpeg compression as Pizza Luigi said...

On an unrelated note, I just saw that the Fanatec Porsche Wheel was sold out. There goes the hope of owning one some day... :-/
I'll be kicking myself in the nuts for a long time for missing the deadline in that Road&Track photo mode contest... :(

PS : Any thought on what might be the gift ? I'm thinking either a code for the remaining cars or a code for the Jalopnik DLC. Maybe I'm too optimistic though...:lol

Arucardo

G Rom said:
Is that a stealth troll ? There are no jaggies in photo mode, only poor jpeg compression as Pizza Luigi said...

On an unrelated note, I just saw that the Fanatec Porsche Wheel was sold out. There goes the hope of owning one some day... :-/
I'll be kicking myself in the nuts for a long time for missing the deadline in that Road&Track photo mode contest... :(

PS : Any thought on what might be the gift ? I'm thinking either a code for the remaining cars or a code for the Jalopnik DLC. Maybe I'm too optimistic though...:lol
I just hope it's not something you need an XBL Gold sub to redeem.

Top Bottom