• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Megasoum said:
Actually, Thomas (Fanatec's CEO) just confirmed that the new 360 wheel is coming soon!!

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/4621

I also heard from a different forum (not confirmed) that the new steering might not have the Porsche branding (not a big loss imo lol).

Hopefully we will get more details soon.

I didn't expect them to release another wheel. But that's great because the only wheel left on the market currently is the shitty madcatz one. I kinda regret getting rid of my old MS wheel because now that I am going to have two copies of Forza 3 I can pit me against my brother in law on wheels.

Jube3 said:
I got a lot of the gaffers the last go around but I have 3 codes on me for Stig's garage (lfa, sls, ccx) if any of you guys were still looking, just hit me up with a pm. First come first serve. :D
Oh lord please still have the LFA :D PMed

Whens your HD Youtube tutorials coming? they are gonna reignite my passion for designing in FM3 for sure.

Broman1978

Took some photos of this beauty=P
79g8C.jpg

d5zh0.jpg

ToQeS.jpg

sdornan

Debating whether to get the Ultimate Edition or buy the couple of car packs I don't have... wish I never bought any of the car packs and waited for the UE.

Jube3

Did not get a chance to send them out yesterday (passed out after a turkey overdose :lol:) but I managed to get a few more codes to send to everyone that PM'ed me yesterday. So check your inbox if you sent me a PM :D

Megasoum

Banned
Jube3 said:
Did not get a chance to send them out yesterday (passed out after a turkey overdose :lol:) but I managed to get a few more codes to send to everyone that PM'ed me yesterday. So check your inbox if you sent me a PM :D

Thanks jube! I just downloaded the pack!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Loaded my Ultimate Edition for the first time... Turns out the Disc 1 image is different. *cue 10 min install*

Looks like it wants me to re-install Disc 2, as well. -_-

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Jube3 said:

I just PM'ed you, but I'm probably too late, huh?

TheOddOne

Jube3 said:
Thanks again Jube!

Guys, check your Message Inbox in FM3! I went in to play with the Stig Garage Pack Jube kindly gifted to me <3 I saw a this:

From T10: You have been gifted
CR !!
Gift: You have been gifted an Impreza
S204
!!!

Looks like they gave out some impressive gifts to the 3,000 or so who replied to the "10,000 Twitter Followers" blog post last week!

With the LF-A, CCX, and SLS-AMG from the Stig Pack, (thanks Jube) and now my all time coveted WRX STi S204 Unicorn, I'm going to get months of play from FM3 again! Hell I can actually buy the LF-A and CCX thanks to those CR!

Now I'm sad because all my credits are gone after buying the Stig Pack and some tunes for them, I never have enough credits for anything... :(

Diablohead said:
I was lucky to get a code for the stig pack so I decided to make a livery based on my older but cool looking R-35 design, I think it looks great on the lexus.

51ewyu.png

Ridge and Orange variants :p
Was running through the storefront looking for an racing style LF-A Design, found yours:

Grabbed Ridge Racer Red Version, Buyer 7/12 :D

kamkor

Neo Member
I seem to be out of luck with getting a gift code for stig dlc pack. :/

Bought two forza 3 - one in poland (no addon dlc codes), one lce in uk (for dlc codes) + most dlc packs. Also bought msff just for this game, which is damaged now anyway - the throttle pedal is broken. Made lots of videos, some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKjzoWitAYA - First music video, soon after f3 release - 23090 views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbrUc7I6SHM - Second music video, 49140 views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ1VnOY-oYs - Third music video, 9789 views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ASkCzaghxE - Fourth music and my last forza 3 video, since I broke my ms throttle pedal. :p

Even send a pm to jube3, what else is there to do, to get a dlc code for stig pack? Buying third edition of forza 3 is out of question.

supermackem said:
So the new ultimate ed has every single bit of dlc released to date?, i might have to upgrade.
Yep should do but I have no idea if it's a ton of dlc live codes or if disc 2 has more car packs on it for install, anyone here who own's it to tell us?

I'm not sure if there is another car pack coming at some point.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Ultimate Edition has all the DLC (including Nurb) and a few extra exclusive cars and liveries, all of them are installable from Disc 2.

The only DLC is for Stig Car Pack (3 cars), Top Gear video and Stig theme.

cjelly said:
Ultimate Edition has all the DLC (including Nurb) and a few extra exclusive cars and liveries, all of them are installable from Disc 2.

The only DLC is for Stig Car Pack (3 cars), Top Gear video and Stig theme.
So like with fallout, oblivion and dragon age ultimate edition you install the packs from a friend? :p

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Diablohead said:
So like with fallout, oblivion and dragon age ultimate edition you install the packs from a friend? :p
Not sure, because Disc 1 in the Ultimate Collection is a different image, so the DLC or image might have a hook to look for only that image/DLC or something.

this S204, I'm crazy about it! My favorite car is a unicorn that performs amazing... OMG I'm rocking S5's in A Class with a short circuit grip tune on the AWD 2.1 Liter swap, :lol

Slapped the DiabloheadUK :"Red Ridge Racer LE Design" on the LF-A Lexus, and its looking boss, stuck an S class Drift Tune on it and It's like I'm playing Ridge Racer 8! :D

THANK YOU, TURN10. You made FM3 fun for me again.

Shaneus

First time I'd fired up F3 in a while, jumped in and caught up on the DLC. Was missing about 3 packs and when I logged in there were no less than TWELVE gift cars :lol It's been too long :(

Um, so now that I'm up to date with the DLC I'm now reminded of the Ultimate F3 thingy... what am I missing out on by not having it?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Shaneus said:
First time I'd fired up F3 in a while, jumped in and caught up on the DLC. Was missing about 3 packs and when I logged in there were no less than TWELVE gift cars :lol It's been too long :(

Um, so now that I'm up to date with the DLC I'm now reminded of the Ultimate F3 thingy... what am I missing out on by not having it?
If you already have all the DLC... just a few exclusive cars, Stig Car Pack (+3 cars), Stig theme and Top Gear video.

Will the Ultimate Collection be available to buy in stores like Best Buy or Target? Because I've been to 2 Best Buy's already and they only have the original FM3..... :/

Shaneus

cjelly said:
If you already have all the DLC... just a few exclusive cars, Stig Car Pack (+3 cars), Stig theme and Top Gear video.
Hm, sucks. With any luck they'll have those available for download a la the VIP packs. They have that Porsche as a sample so that's probably some indication.

PS. I fired this up only last night for the first time in months... was 3 car packs behind and when I made it to the main menu I had about 12 gift cars waiting :lol
Seriously forgot how much fun this was... my beastly Legacy B4 is a tank and really feels like *my* car (with all the customisations it's gone through). It's all held up really well considering what's gone on in the last 12 months.

Nice work, T10 :)

DasRaven

jergrah said:
Quick question -- if I buy the Ultimate Edition will it carry over/read my save file from Forza 3?

Yes, it will. I did that very thing without a hiccup.
You will need to reinstall the game discs as the UC bundles the DLC packs and the Disc 1 is not the same as original FM3 releases.

G Rom

DasRaven said:
Thanks to Major Nelson, Jalopnik 2 REVEALED!

December 14: Forza Motorsport 3 Community Choice Classics Pack , 400 Microsoft Points

Time to finally use those 400 MS Points that were waiting for this...
I just hope the 190E made it in the final selection as it was my most wanted car from the car pack.

Shaneus

I know I asked about it earlier, but my memory is shit. What were the Stig cars in the ultimate pack and will regular plebs have a chance to get them?

Oh, and one more car pack? Yay!

DasRaven

Shaneus said:
I know I asked about it earlier, but my memory is shit. What were the Stig cars in the ultimate pack and will regular plebs have a chance to get them?

Oh, and one more car pack? Yay!

Lexus LF-A, Konigsegg CCX, Mercedes SLS AMG.
Plebs can get them through competitions on FM.net like unicorns.
They seem to be more open to giving them away than the unicorns, too.

skyfinch

Unregistered007 said:
Hey guys is anyone Nice enough to send me some Cars in Forza 3, I lost my game save and I want to go back but starting from scratch is not helping.

Sure. PM your gamertag.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Jube3, if you have another code for the Stig DLC, PM me, please. :D

It might just be enough to get back into Forza 3 after so much NFS Hot Pursuit. :D

Top Bottom