• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

G Rom

Some photos that I had laying on my HDD :
5187907978_fc1ec66159_z.jpg

5187309093_1125d767d2_z.jpg

5187907858_d0f93fabfd_z.jpg

5187908550_b3d54016f8_z.jpg

5187908078_d986fec34c_z.jpg

5187908174_f849c49f43_z.jpg

Also WTF is going on here ?!:lol
5187308991_97096dd082_b.jpg

Sanic

Which racing wheel is recommended? I don't need anything too elaborate, just something with feedback (do they all have that?) and decent built quality.

i noticed in Japan has been released "Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Edition"

i thought it was the complete games and (some?) DLC which has been released.
Am i wrong ? Cause the price is very low so i have a doubt..

Could anyone help me ?

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Pandoracell said:
Which racing wheel is recommended? I don't need anything too elaborate, just something with feedback (do they all have that?) and decent built quality.

Get the official one :lol

skyfinch

Moor-Angol said:
i noticed in Japan has been released "Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Edition"

i thought it was the complete games and (some?) DLC which has been released.
Am i wrong ? Cause the price is very low so i have a doubt..

Could anyone help me ?

Almost certain that it's the complete game will all the DLC and a few exclusive cars as well. Some topgear videos in the mix.

Edit, you also get the new tracks as well.

skyfinch said:
Almost certain that it's the complete game will all the DLC and a few exclusive cars as well. Some topgear videos in the mix.

Edit, you also get the new tracks as well.

Thank you so much for the info!

Considering the price, it's really a worth

Pandoracell said:
So in other words, there isn't really anything worth owning that doesn't cost several hundred dollars?

Um...yeah. If you want decent wheel then spring for a nice one. I got cheap one and seriously even if it's $40 (Logitech used to make one), you might as well save the money for a real good wheel. I got Fanatec one and it's just plain awesome to use not just for Forza but other racing games that have good wheel support.

LCfiner

Pandoracell said:
So in other words, there isn't really anything worth owning that doesn't cost several hundred dollars?

for the 360, for 100 bucks, the MS wheel is acceptable, I guess. if you can get one used for less, go for it. don’t spend more than 100 for it.

the situation is better on the PC/PS3 as the logitech DFGT is around 100 bucks but is a superb wheel for the price.

and if you do get a wheel, make sure you have a desk or a high enough stable stand to mount it. using one on your knees or mounted to a low table makes things worse than just using a controller.

Sanic

antiquegamer said:
Um...yeah. If you want decent wheel then spring for a nice one. I got cheap one and seriously even if it's $40 (Logitech used to make one), you might as well save the money for a real good wheel. I got Fanatec one and it's just plain awesome to use not just for Forza but other racing games that have good wheel support.

Well I was only asking because I know I can get a decent Logitech wheel for $100-150ish that's PS3 compatible, and was looking for something with a similar price/quality ratio for 360, but I guess there isn't one.

for the 360, for 100 bucks, the MS wheel is acceptable, I guess. if you can get one used for less, go for it. don’t spend more than 100 for it.

the situation is better on the PC/PS3 as the logitech DFGT is around 100 bucks but is a superb wheel for the price.

and if you do get a wheel, make sure you have a desk or a high enough stable stand to mount it. using one on your knees or mounted to a low table makes things worse than just using a controller.

Alright, thanks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Pandoracell said:
This one? A bit too much for me :lol

Last I checked, the Driving Force GT doesn't work on the 360 (due to XID) same with the other Logitech wheels. So that's the next best thing.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Pandoracell said:
I can't find the official wheel locally, anywhere online I can pick it up for less than $100?
I got mine on eBay. Works fine.

Although I somewhat regret buying it, since I rarely use it.

Sanic

user_nat said:
I got mine on eBay. Works fine.

Although I somewhat regret buying it, since I rarely use it.

Hmm can't find anything for under $120, so I think i'll hold off there.

frogg609

Debating on picking up the Ultimate Edition for 30 bucks. Is the community still thriving?

I really dug the 1st and 2nd ones, but never get really far, (get frustrated with trying to drive manual with the Microsoft Wheel.)

2 questions:

1. Do most people use a controller or a wheel?

2. If you use a controller, do you drive manual or automatic?

h3ro

frogg609 said:
Debating on picking up the Ultimate Edition for 30 bucks. Is the community still thriving?

I really dug the 1st and 2nd ones, but never get really far, (get frustrated with trying to drive manual with the Microsoft Wheel.)

2 questions:

BUY BUY BUY!

The community for this game is fantastic. Check out the official forums, the custom livery and tune sections are always packed.

I used the stock 360 pad for this and shifted manually or left it in automatic depending on my mood.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
It has arrived!
forza-3-ultimate-collection.png

I will be playing this over the turkey break. I am starting my career tonight. I own the MS wheel, but I don't have a proper seat or the space for it, so I will just use my controller. Any recommendations regarding career?

I am just in shock at the amount of exotic cars this game have. I always thought I missed the boat on this game, but now I don't regret this purchase a single bit. Amazing game.

godhandiscen said:
It has arrived!
http://vikingfunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/forza-3-ultimate-collection.png[img]

I will be playing this over the turkey break. I am starting my career tonight. I own the MS wheel, but I don't have a proper seat or the space for it, so I will just use my controller. Any recommendations regarding career?

I am just in shock at the amount of exotic cars this game have. I always thought I missed the boat on this game, but now I don't regret this purchase a single bit. Amazing game.[/QUOTE]
Play the calender mode first if you will be doing single player, after 6 years it will repeat itself but you should have a good mix of events completed, after that you can just pick and choose any sort of race you want to do, but earning all golds for every race will take you until 2012 :lol it's slow and boring.

A lot of the events allow you to use cars much faster then the actual race is set up for, example being an F200 race will allow you to enter it in an R1 class car completely dominating for the win, it's much more fun to enter with the same rank car.

Try and play with as many aids off as possible it's much more fun and the learning experience is part of the game imo, keep gears to auto if you have trouble shifting though I do suggest you use manual (only use clutch if you really want too, it's tricky to master)

godhandiscen

Diablohead said:
Play the calender mode first if you will be doing single player, after 6 years it will repeat itself but you should have a good mix of events completed, after that you can just pick and choose any sort of race you want to do, but earning all golds for every race will take you until 2012 :lol it's slow and boring.

A lot of the events allow you to use cars much faster then the actual race is set up for, example being an F200 race will allow you to enter it in an R1 class car completely dominating for the win, it's much more fun to enter with the same rank car.

Try and play with as many aids off as possible it's much more fun and the learning experience is part of the game imo, keep gears to auto if you have trouble shifting though I do suggest you use manual (only use clutch if you really want too, it's tricky to master)
Ok, I will take off the assists.

skyfinch

frogg609 said:

2 questions:

A bargain considering you're getting all the DLC, a few exclusives, and the full game.

I own one of those MS wheels but I can't set any good times with it. The game is more fun with the wheel, but for me, much easier with the controller. And go with manual. You'll set much faster times.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
godhandiscen said:
It has arrived!
forza-3-ultimate-collection.png

I am just in shock at the amount of exotic cars this game have. I always thought I missed the boat on this game, but now I don't regret this purchase a single bit. Amazing game.
Buy this! Support T10! They certainly deserve it! FM 3 is quality across the board.

Best racing sim on consoles still to date imo. This week just made me realize it...

Good fucking job T10! Your EFFORTS did not go unnoticed! You can be proud of FM 3!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/...76-7153705-8131658?redirect=true&a=B0046CC4R0

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Che gave me an aluminum drilled pedal Fanatec wheel to play with. And now he's banned. I am a pour one out for my trolly homey.

godhandiscen said:

I'd say play a bit with some assists on and gradually turn them off after you've learned the tracks. Play around with different racing lines on the tracks too so you can get an idea whether or not you'll be able to pass on certain corners where the AI(or human) opponents may not expect.

The early races with slower cars are great. The one make races are also some of the best in the game.

Upgrading- Personally I like to upgrade the Brake, tires, suspension and weight reduction first. Doesn't have to be the best parts but I usually stick with the same line of upgrades like buying the street upgrades for said parts or the Sports line. You may not be the fastest on straights but it feels good catching to cars under braking and at the turns. You'll have to upgrade the engine eventually but not to the point where you have to put 200+hp worth of upgrades(unless you want to)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Square Triangle said:
I was worried for a second, now I am not, it's like the NFL 2K series vs Madden all over again.. T10 just needs to keep doing what they are doing. Endure!

It'll eventually turn out like NBA 2K's vs Live series history :lol

If you know what I mean.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Square Triangle said:
Or they both just co-exist and people prefer one over the other. Poly and Turn 10 aren't going anywhere.
^ Competiton is great, specially when they go at it like this.

I love racing games so much.. I'm glad T10 showed up to push PD and start a tug of war, we all win in the end.

The level of good shit and effort that both put into their current games is staggering.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
godhandiscen said:
Keep in mind that some cars are actually built so that in reality, you can't just switch off assists. An example would be ABS in current production cars.

So if you're trying some VW production car unmodified, I'd recommend actually looking up what assists are always built into the thing, and rolling with that.

Otherwise, they might behave a tad erratic, and thus require race tuning. They're not all tuned for racing out-of-the-box!

Just wish our arcade racing fix would have more competition. Criterion seems to be the only thing consistantly pushing forward, poor Bizarre is out =(

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Square Triangle said:
Just wish our arcade racing fix would have more competition. Criterion seems to be the only thing consistantly pushing forward, poor Bizarre is out =(

What happened to bizzare is shameful.. I remember them from the Psygnosis days (spelling?) F1 CE for PSX.. And of course all the amazing racing games that they have developed... PGR 2 was the most fun I had online in a racing game.. It's career mode online/offline implementation needs to make a comeback god dammit.

skyfinch

drugstore_cowboy said:
5VCUql.jpg

Fucking YES!
I refused to touch GT5 until seeing Forza to it's end, I'm kinda gutted at the same time.

People who get this far should be rewarded with 10 million credits. :D That's a lot of races to complete.

h3ro

drugstore_cowboy said:
5VCUql.jpg

Fucking YES!
I refused to touch GT5 until seeing Forza to it's end, I'm kinda gutted at the same time.

Congrats man. That's the last one I have left and I was too weak. I started GT5.

frogg609

So I picked it up today and am loving it. So muc better than 2 IMO.

So is there not a chance in he'll of getting the Fanatec wheel, or will they come out with more?

D23

wow.. the ultimate edition caught me off guard. i was dead on set of getting NFS: HP this black friday for $35.. but then i saw that forza 3 ultimate edition is only $30.. and im sure i will be getting more content in this than nfs!! looks like ill be skipping black friday and get this later!!

Cheers guys, wish I hadn't left all the boring looking races until last, didn't end on a high but it did force me to use cars I'd usually avoid and surprisingly had a lot of fun with.

godhandiscen

This game + custom soundtracks is heaven. Fuck, I am having fun driving a Yaris :lol

Megasoum

Banned
frogg609 said:
So I picked it up today and am loving it. So muc better than 2 IMO.

So is there not a chance in he'll of getting the Fanatec wheel, or will they come out with more?

Actually, Thomas (Fanatec's CEO) just confirmed that the new 360 wheel is coming soon!!

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/4621

I also heard from a different forum (not confirmed) that the new steering might not have the Porsche branding (not a big loss imo lol).

Hopefully we will get more details soon.

Jube3

I got a lot of the gaffers the last go around but I have 3 codes on me for Stig's garage (lfa, sls, ccx) if any of you guys were still looking, just hit me up with a pm. First come first serve. :D

TheOddOne

Jube3 said:
I got a lot of the gaffers the last go around but I have 3 codes on me for Stig's garage (lfa, sls, ccx) if any of you guys were still looking, just hit me up with a pm. First come first serve. :D
PM'd :D

Top Bottom