• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 at gamescom - Spa confirmed

Xanadu

Banned
Yup, because I never say anything negative, right?

well you arent fordgtguy level but you definitely defend them on mostly every negative i've seen

for 360, I've bought two microsoft 270degree wheels, the fanatec, AND the joy-wheel gizmo that launched alongside forza 4.

because microsoft are idiots, here's what I'll do:
i will sell the fanatec to a guy thats been asking for it, get rid of the two ms wheels and the joy-wheel,
AND NEVER BUY PROPRIETARY HARDWARE FOR MICROSOFT CONSOLE EVER AGAIN!
and even for joypads, from now on i will look to get them replaced under warranty or something!

in this specific subject, microsoft just fails for years to meet customer wants, in the biggest way possible!
xbox accessories decision makers, you should all be fired! you piece of shit motherfuckers!

yep screw MS they really dont give a shit about their customers, i will NEVER buy a wheel for xbox

saladine1

Actually, I just saw the IGN one. Man, this game looks absolutely incredible.
The extra detail in and around the track coupled with the windshield reflections adds so much to the immersion.
Oh, and that Fezza sounds ridiculously good!

Can't wait to see more..

Seanspeed

Banned
well you arent fordgtguy level but you definitely defend them on mostly every negative i've seen
Any person who follows the Forza threads will know that's just not true. Its probably hard for you to know this because you get banned so often.

Xanadu

Banned
Any person who follows the Forza threads will know that's just not true. Its probably hard for you to know this because you get banned so often.

you can still browse when banned, and i have been in forza threads longer than you guy :)

Actually, I just saw the IGN one. Man, this game looks absolutely incredible.
The extra detail in and around the track coupled with the windshield reflections adds so much to the immersion.
Oh, and that Fezza sounds ridiculously good!

Can't wait to see more..

the lighting on the suit arms was the most impressive thing i saw

saladine1

Whoah, just watched Blim's video. Fuck man, I have to say it again. The game looks amazing!
The hand animations have also been much more improved.
Can't make out the sounds of the Merc but from what I can here, it sounds great.
We really need a direct feed video with no bullshit in the background. C'mon Turn 10, Nike, just do it!

saladine1

grwwJiW.jpg

New Mad Catz wheel?

Anyway, please MS, please, please let the Fanatec wheel work. Please!!!!

I like what I see from FM5, it will be a shame to miss out on it.

bj00rn_

Banned
The walls have been pushed way, way back. Turn 1 (crest) is the same way. I always try to stay on the black stuff, and my safety won't be threatened while a sit on my sofa, so in the grand scheme of things, not a massive deal. It's still unfortunate that for the redone tracks at least, it's a bit of a half-assed job.

Wait, this (not your post) doesn't make any sense. I mean, they've "laser-scanned this laser-scanned that", and this (the picture comparison) is the result..? I don't get it. There must be an explanation for it, it just doesn't compute! It shouldn't make any difference for the code if the track detail is at the correct location, so why isn't it? What is going on?

Gek54

for 360, I've bought two microsoft 270degree wheels, the fanatec, AND the joy-wheel gizmo that launched alongside forza 4.

i will sell the fanatec to a guy thats been asking for it, get rid of the two ms wheels and the joy-wheel,
and even for joypads, from now on i will look to get them replaced under warranty or something!

in this specific subject, microsoft just fails for years to meet customer wants, in the biggest way possible!
xbox accessories decision makers, you should all be fired! you piece of shit motherfuckers!

here's what I'll do:
NEVER BUY PROPRIETARY HARDWARE FOR MICROSOFT CONSOLE EVER AGAIN!

I dont know, maybe...hopefully, by the time the next Horizon comes out they will have turned things around.

I am now nervous to know what they will do with next Horizon.

Seanspeed

Banned
Wait, this (not your post) doesn't make any sense. I mean, they've "laser-scanned this laser-scanned that", and this (the picture comparison) is the result..? I don't get it. There must be an explanation for it, it just doesn't compute! It shouldn't make any difference for the code if the track detail is at the correct location, so why isn't it? What is going on?
The focus of laser scanning is usually the track(road/asphalt) itself, not its surroundings.

Before making a fool of myself this build is using the new physics?

The suspension movement appears to far snappier (F4 was ultra absorbent and a little lazy in comparison), I like the reaction under heavy braking too, even without sound you can see what's happening.

Helios, does this build have the 'sticky grass'?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Not sure where you're getting that from...?

Its extremely hard to tell by watching a video.

Corkscrew does actually look like the FM4 version which would have been correct a few years ago but the track has been updated since that layout was accurate and trackside details such as walls being a few feet away compared to many meters is a huge difference and, quite frankly, unacceptable given their claims of re creating tracks with "6mm" accuracy.

Seanspeed

Banned
Corkscrew does actually look like the FM4 version which would have been correct a few years ago but the track has been updated since that layout was accurate and trackside details such as walls being a few feet away compared to many meters is a huge difference and, quite frankly, unacceptable given their claims of re creating tracks with "6mm" accuracy.
I feel like we're going in circles here.

Laser scanning is typically focused on the road surface, not the surroundings.

The 'track' can sometimes be considered the entire venue itself but its also often referring to just the road surface.

Mascot

You have to admit, plastering 'XBOX' all over the last set of Fanatec wheels was a brilliant marketing strategy by Microsoft. Hint at forward platform support while technically never stating it so they can dry-hump our wallets again before the blood from the previous shafting is even dry. Pure genius.

I'm just thinking of boycotting all MS products that I can. Fuck the two-year plan, fuck the shitty underpowered/overpriced Xbone with it Kinect tax, fuck MS not even knowing themselves what fucking console they want to release, fuck Xbox division and their idiotic ideas.

I feel bad for Turn 10 for being associated with these fucking shysters.

p3tran

Banned
You have to admit, plastering 'XBOX' all over the last set of Fanatec wheels was a brilliant marketing strategy by Microsoft. Hint at forward platform support while technically never stating it so they can dry-hump our wallets again before the blood from the previous shafting is even dry. Pure genius.

I'm just thinking of boycotting all MS products that I can. Fuck the two-year plan, fuck the shitty underpowered/overpriced Xbone with it Kinect tax, fuck MS not even knowing themselves what fucking console they want to release, fuck Xbox division and their idiotic ideas.

I feel bad for Turn 10 for being associated with these fucking shysters.

well, problem for us is that turn10 is way more than just "associated" with microsoft :)
and what I think of those microsoft people that take the accessories decisions, I already wrote.

I think I will get my money's worth for entertainment out of the new box,
but microsoft is plain stupid when it makes guys like us think three times before spending money on them. pure, total fail here.

Shaneus

Still doesn't make any sense. If they are scanning their tracks with this kind of equipment http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=IcqLEIE8MBk the walls and fences would definitively be in the laser-scanned data whether you wanted it or not. That is why some of us are puzzled by the result.
Or it can be done with something like this from when Kunos, of NetKar Pro and Assetto Corsa, scanned Spa:
http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/4105/9401509882_5e713415ed_o.jpg
http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/4105/9398744471_a9c2b05e4c_o.jpg
Point stands, though. The fences etc. would still be there, even if only partially.

G Rom

Looks good again. I noticed the dust was staying in the air well after the previous car went in the sand, which is nice.
It seems nobody wants to tackle the Audi or the Ford though, everyone picks the Ferrari for the videos.

grwwJiW.jpg

New Mad Catz wheel?

Anyway, please MS, please, please let the Fanatec wheel work. Please!!!!

I like what I see from FM5, it will be a shame to miss out on it.

They have come a long way if that's the production model. But it will most likely be very expensive and only work for Xbox One.

I can say I had a wheel once that worked on all the major systems.

csremanfactured.jpg

Thank you Thomas you tried :,(

Xanadu

Banned
Looks good again. I noticed the dust was staying in the air well after the previous car went in the sand, which is nice.
It seems nobody wants to tackle the Audi or the Ford though, everyone picks the Ferrari for the videos.

seriously, we need some r18 vids

Seanspeed

Banned
Still doesn't make any sense. If they are scanning their tracks with this kind of equipment http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=IcqLEIE8MBk the walls and fences would definitively be in the laser-scanned data whether you wanted it or not. That is why some of us are puzzled by the result.
Not all scanning equipment is the same. I have no idea what sort of data they got, either. Like I said, the priority is almost always just getting the layout and surface correct. They might have discarded the rest of the data for whatever reasons and fitted the new data in with what they had already, which might have been more complete or something, I dunno.

I mean, maybe they are just flat out lying to our faces and never scanned anything. Or maybe they're just using laser scan data from somebody else or something? I really don't know. I'm just not going to automatically resort to calling them liars or anything.

saladine1

That's the power of The Prancing Horse.

Anyway, yeah, I would like to see some Ford and Audi videos.
Then after that, I would like to see some Bathurst and classic Aussie cars...

Seanspeed

Banned
Who can blame them?

G Rom

Yeah it goes to show that Ferrari really is the most powerful automotive brand in the world.
E3 build had 30fps reflection.

p3tran

Banned

well, shit! complaint time

again I see the same thing like in other video i dont like.
collision physics not as good as i expected....
in this video, go to ~57sec and witness two ferraris turning. the one on the rear bumps the one on the front, at about when the front has reduced speed to start turning. in real life, with this collision both cars would be out of control and to the outer side of the turn. in the video, they just keep taking their closed turn, bumping each other on the way..

dont make this be final.
I understand the need to appeal to french ladies and all, but at least make realistic car-to-car physics available as an advanced option in a menu or something.
as i see it now, either "calspan data of the future" is still work in progress, or something is rotten in the state of denmark.

saladine1

in this video, go to ~57sec and witness two ferraris turning. the one on the rear bumps the one on the front, at about when the front has reduced speed to start turning. in real life, with this collision both cars would be out of control and to the outer side of the turn. in the video, they just keep taking their closed turn, bumping each other on the way..

dont make this be final.
I understand the need to appeal to french ladies and all, but at least make realistic car-to-car physics available as an advanced option in a menu or something.
as i see it now, either "calspan data of the future" is still work in progress, or something is rotten in the state of denmark.

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark" shall henceforth be stricken and replaced with "Something is rotten in the city of Prague".

On another note, I agree with your sentiments.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I feel like we're going in circles here.

Laser scanning is typically focused on the road surface, not the surroundings.

The 'track' can sometimes be considered the entire venue itself but its also often referring to just the road surface.

understood. But if you're taking the care and attention to bother to laser scan tracks, you'd think you'd take the small extra step of maybe taking a few photos while you're there - or even just checking youtube and adjusting where your track scenery is?

Alternatively they specifically chose to keep the barriers close to the track because it gives a greater sensation of speed?

G Rom

dont make this be final.

What's your problem with them ? :p

Anyway, game was set to easy which might explain those issues since all the assists are there to correct the behaviour you expect... We've yet to see a full sim video as well.

p3tran

Banned
What's your problem with them (french ladies)? :p

Anyway, game was set to easy which might explain those issues since all the assists are there to correct the behaviour you expect... We've yet to see a full sim video as well.

I love them, as i do all ladies, but right after Dan gave that interview where he basically said he was excited about the percentage of french milfs playing forza and how he plans for universal appeal.. I dont know man :D
maybe I will blame them for everything I wont like in nextgen forza.
or maybe i blame dan and t10.. not sure yet :D

Top Bottom