• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

eso76

aren't we supposed to be getting some new info / media today ?

I think the time is right for that LaFerrari car pack trailer.

Also, that Road Atlanta direct feed shows cars that are not in the full showroom list ??
AI cars' interiors look like they are not blackened out anymore ?
And that Chev still has the same inaccuarcies as it did in FM2.............

Also, youtube and gamespot videos aren't really doing the game any justice, according to screenshots.

xHBQ56o.jpg

I'm just catching up, new Fanatec wheel?

Manager said:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/xbox-.../2300-6416189/

Scroll back to somewhere around 16 minutes.

This isn't working, do I have to be logged in?

Ah the stream is working, poxy Zoo Tycoon. Can't see anywhere to rewind.

zorbsie

I'll update the OT with the achievements when this is confirmed officially. One of the youtube comments said it's only 975GS which is really weird.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
What do the present/gift icons represent?

Some have gamerscore and a present icon, some just have the present icon.

Some kind of unlock?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Odd that they have all the other Xbox One launch game achievements except FM5. Probably in another day or so.

they have all the Xbox One games that have had their embargo lifted.

Using this information they will have Forza 5 achievements on Wednesday when reviews hit.

Xanadu

Banned
No!
The LaFerrari Car Pack is included with the day one update so people who don't buy it can still see the cars and not a placeholder model when they race against someone who purchased the pack.

hey badned can you confirm the gen 1 nsx and enzo are complete remodels?

The_Holy_Puck

Neo Member
No!
The LaFerrari Car Pack is included with the day one update so people who don't buy it can still see the cars and not a placeholder model when they race against someone who purchased the pack.

So we're still going to see the hideous VW passat as a place holder vehicle if we haven't purchased the dlc yet? That's a shame.. Will they still give us a free vehicle so we can see them like in FM4?

Bad news for fanatec owners.

From their Facebook:

XBox 360 Wheels on XBox One
So far there is no adapter solution to make an Xbox360 wheels compatible with Xbox One and it is unsure if this will be possible.
But there is a high chance that you can use your pedals, rims and shifters with a potential new Fanatec wheel for Xbox One although we cannot confirm a launch date yet. This will save you a lot of money and you can keep using the equipment you prefer.

I dont know if I can wait that long for a new wheel from them, given their track record it might be a long time until it hits the market.

No!

Thanks for the info. So D1 Updates are out already for the Reviews.

Snubbers

So my brother phoned, I gave him my preorder a month or so ago, he is asking if he should go with the free bundled FM5, or use my FM5 disk preorder I gave him with the console preorder.

Thoughts?

(And good news on the fanatec front, I'll probably get an XB1 if either the Thrustmaster TX supports PS4, or fanatec create a multi plat wheel)

No!

Absolute shit decision!

Yay, lets download a car pack which is available to buy day 1! WTF.

Not aimed at you obviously banded but that is a proper kick in the balls from T10.

I've reversed my decision to get the Xbox one :( couldn't help myself. But I will not give a penny more than it costs to buy the game and will spread the word to many not to buy any car packs. Pennies make pounds and I hope this is what others do too

BADNED

Absolute shit decision!

Yay, lets download a car pack which is available to buy day 1! WTF.

Not aimed at you obviously banded but that is a proper kick in the balls from T10.

I've reversed my decision to get the Xbox one :( couldn't help myself. But I will not give a penny more than it costs to buy the game and will spread the word to many not to buy any car packs. Pennies make pounds and I hope this is what others do too
It is nothing special. It has been done so since FM3. Saves a lot of trouble.

Bad news for fanatec owners.

From their Facebook:

I dont know if I can wait that long for a new wheel from them, given their track record it might be a long time until it hits the market.

Yeah that wait will certainly too damn long, shit should have been announced months ago.

I don't see why we'd need a whole new wheel base anyway, mechanically it should be up to the job, there's only a PCB and quick release mechanism between CSW and CSRE afaik.

PCB and possibly a breakout box should be enough.

Top Bottom