• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

cbox

I can't get around how bad the fake shadows look under the cars stand out. It's all I noticed in the Road Atlanta video :(

LeBoef

since the t500 was praised by many, we can assume that we re going to have at least one proper wheel for the xbox one. sooner or later the t500 pedals will be available.

so one thing left. is the TX going to be PS4 ready? would become a perfect wheel then.

fanatec hinting to a new model is great, too.

official site updated
http://www.thrustmaster.com/de_DE/produkte/tx-racing-wheel-ferrari-458-italia-edition

Compatible with other detachable Ferrari wheels already available on the market
(Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On**, Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-On**, etc.)
Compatible with the T3PA** pedal set (Thrustmaster 3 Pedals Add-on)
Compatible with the TH8A** shifter (Thrustmaster TH8 Add-on) featuring 8-speed or sequential gearbox

** Sold separately

So the TH8 is compatible now?

Bollocks. They were going for under 70 quid a few months ago.

Edit: ah the old one was the TH8 RS, this may be different. Says the shifter is 8 speed, previously we were limited to 6 gears + reverse, interesting to see if that's changed for the Xbox One.

I played this today at the ms store. It looks ok, but there was a lot of aliasing on the cars. The rumble triggers were nice for braking but I didn't like it on the accelerator. I also think the 360 controller feels better (sticks, triggers, bumpers, and just overall). Didn’t try the dpad in game.

Hawk269

The definition of torture: Working Retail and being able to hold in your possession a L.E. Forza 5 copy and a few minutes later take receipt of the Xbox One Day One Edition Consoles. Of course, can't buy it or take it home, but damn was it hard to see both of them and not be able to play them!!!

since the t500 was praised by many, we can assume that we re going to have at least one proper wheel for the xbox one. sooner or later the t500 pedals will be available.

so one thing left. is the TX going to be PS4 ready? would become a perfect wheel then.

fanatec hinting to a new model is great, too.

official site updated
http://www.thrustmaster.com/de_DE/produkte/tx-racing-wheel-ferrari-458-italia-edition

I'm going to buy one of these. Should be a nice upgrade for my G27.

But this feature:

-Controller pairing LED for Kinect!

I still don't get why that even matters?

jem0208

I'm going to buy one of these. Should be a nice upgrade for my G27.

But this feature:

I still don't get why that even matters?

Allows Kinect to recognize who is using the controller. I think it means you can pass the controller (or in this case wheel) to someone else and it will know who is using it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
forza5-3daysl7cry.gif

SarBear

I gave in to hype and temptation and preordered the LCE today.

Now let's see if I'll be able to find a console on the 22nd.

I would seriously do your homework and go to Best Buy. There's going to be a sacrifice of your time and such, but the joy you will feel when you see Forza on the big screen....and the WOOOOSHHH of a Shelby MUSTANG GT500 going past you with the GT "Dead Poul" will make all the time worth it.

kyo27

has there been any Prague gameplay footage since E3? Would really like to see a comparison to what it looks like in comparison to the final build.

I would seriously do your homework and go to Best Buy. There's going to be a sacrifice of your time and such, but the joy you will feel when you see Forza on the big screen....and the WOOOOSHHH of a Shelby MUSTANG GT500 going past you with the GT "Dead Poul" will make all the time worth it.

There are half a dozen retailers doing midnight launches within a 5 mile radius of my place, so I'm hoping to get lucky. I'll try Best Buy first, and failing that, work my way over to the others.

Every time a new system comes out, I try to remind myself that I am too old and cynical to succumb, that the wiser, more rational sectors of my brain should assert themselves and allow me to rise above childish excitement, and yet there I will be, with a buddy or two in tow, waiting in the car, (because camping out can get fucked), in the dead of night, all for a goddamned videogame.

It's funny, this is probably the least hyped I've been for a Forza game, and yet it'll end up costing me an order of magnitude more than any of its predecessors. I can't complain, though; as soon as they announced Spa, I knew deep down that this was inevitable.

And as for you and your filthy, degenerate MUSTANGS, while I fully expect to be outmatched and outclassed, don't think for one second that I'll be experiencing anything remotely like joy when it happens.

SarBear

And as for you and your filthy, degenerate MUSTANGS, while I fully expect to be outmatched and outclassed, don't think for one second that I'll be experiencing anything remotely like joy when it happens.

You've got a dirty fucking mouth. I'll be sure to clean it with that high octane exhaust.

Did anyone check out the gamespot stream? Forza 5 looks amazing in that video. The black car and all looks so much better in this final build. Looks like they ironed out the jaggies too.

RedSwirl

This is a test for an Xbox One minimalist custom template. I'm not sure at all if this is the actual right size. So, it'd be nice if someone here could print this out and test it to see if it fits. I'm not getting an Xbox One so I won't really be able to do that. Make sure to keep it at 300 pixels per inch when printing.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i love that in addition to being able to bring up the in game telemetry with the dpad mid race you can now remove the HUD that way too. i definitely prefer no HUD, but on longer races it was nice to know what lap you are on. best of both worlds.

Mascot

Shit just three days away, days are flying by.

I know! I'm starting to think that Helios might not be able to get our free Xbones and LEs to us for launch day. He hasn't even asked for my address yet! Have you heard anything mate? I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have cancelled my pre-order. Not knowing is the worst!

I know! I'm starting to think that Helios might not be able to get our free Xbones and LEs to us for launch day. He hasn't even asked for my address yet! Have you heard anything mate? I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have cancelled my pre-order. Not knowing is the worst!

Dont lose hope, there's no way he'd let us down.

dejay

Banned
Man, this thread, a handful of days out from release, is moving slower than any Forza thread in history (or close enough to it).

Very true. Thanks for that, mate. I'm a lot calmer now.

Maybe the delay is because he's getting them personally signed by all the team?

Engraved actually.

saladine1

I've been working 7 days straight 12 hours a day for the last two fucking months!
Will be doing so for another 6 fucking weeks!
I have no fucking time to even scratch my balls. I think I'm starting to hallucinate...

I have no idea how or when I can even pick the Box up and fucking play.
I'm so very tired.
The horror, the horror..

dejay

Banned
All launch game OT's except Ryse's are stuck or crawling, guess why...

Well, lack of reviews doesn't help I guess. Speaking of....

When drop forza 5 reviews embargo ?

Wednesday.

I've been working 7 days straight 12 hours a day for the last two fucking months!
Will be doing so for another 6 fucking weeks!
I have no fucking time to even scratch my balls. I think I'm starting to hallucinate...

I have no idea how or when I can even pick the Box up and fucking play.
I'm so very tired.
The horror, the horror..

We don't want to hear that shit unless you're working at T10 pushing out extra tracks.

Actually, I sympathise :( Hope you're getting overtime for it.
But I still don't want to hear it.

Just had confirmation my LCE has shipped today. I would say photos when it's here - but CE packaging has gone way downhill since the FM2/3 high water mark.

eso76

Man, this thread, a handful of days out from release, is moving slower than any Forza thread in history (or close enough to it).

Engraved actually.

that's because we're trashing every post and rewriting from scratch, to ensure all posts are premium quality.

dejay

Banned
So much cynicism. I suck it down like Coca Cola.

Anyway, Mascot's xbone has been sighted.

UezAnQE.jpg

My 'shopfu is weak :(

dejay

Banned
Still lower than the other FMs i predict.

If the drivatars are half as good as boasted, that should go at least some way in negating the lack of content, both in terms of score and our enjoyment of it. I've heard pretty good hints from places that it's gonna review well.

saladine1

Turn 10 needs to up the hype!
Bombard us with pro videos like that launch trailer.
Turn the dial up to 100!!

dejay

Banned
I was reading through the FM4 OT before. Such a difference although I'm guessing T10's been crunching like mother fuckers.

Seanspeed

Banned
i love that in addition to being able to bring up the in game telemetry with the dpad mid race you can now remove the HUD that way too. i definitely prefer no HUD, but on longer races it was nice to know what lap you are on. best of both worlds.
That's pretty rad.

Top Bottom