• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Mascot

So much cynicism. I suck it down like Coca Cola.

Anyway, Mascot's xbone has been sighted.

UezAnQE.jpg

My 'shopfu is weak :(

Ha ha! Awesome.

Strong 'shopfu, grasshopper.

p3tran

Banned
Just had confirmation my LCE has shipped today. I would say photos when it's here - but CE packaging has gone way downhill since the FM2/3 high water mark.

Your post had me checking my email, and found out that game.uk has already dispatched ALL my day1 editions and my forza limited too.

now, if only amazon uk finally move their asses and dispatch my xbone too.....

OVGhE4m.gif

nib95

Banned
One more video from Gamespot, i don't think it was posted

Aston Martin @ Catalunya

Pretty nice overall. I like that the crowds are bustling and quite full. They do need to sort out that terrible aliasing though. The LOD switches on the cars can be a bit aggressive at times as well. I feel like the original Prague reveal gameplay was a lot cleaner than the newer footage. Is this particular video of an older build? Or the newest?

bud

i thought they'd get rid of those awful shadows with this new generation of consoles.

fucking hate it in gran turismo.

Your post had me checking my email, and found out that game.uk has already dispatched ALL my day1 editions and my forza limited too.

now, if only amazon uk finally move their asses and dispatch my xbone too.....

OVGhE4m.gif

lol.If Amazon do let you down, and you feel like a little 'cleaning', just remember the rules you crazy cat. No women, no kids.

;-p

eso76

Pretty nice overall. I like that the crowds are bustling and quite full. They do need to sort out that terrible aliasing though. The LOD switches on the cars can be a bit aggressive at times as well. I feel like the original Prague reveal gameplay was a lot cleaner than the newer footage. Is this particular video of an older build? Or the newest?

it's a 720p video, though.

And here is Prague in a near final version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwEdDEFfQRY

I think we're going to see lots of variation on AI carLOD. I expect that's the major way T10 is handling resources in the game. So the AI in an eight car race is probably going to look better than those on the grid in a sixteen car event.

p3tran

Banned
lol.If Amazon do let you down, and you feel like a little 'cleaning', just remember the rules you crazy cat. No women, no kids.

;-p

heh, Leon being one of my all time favorite movies, I really like your avatar, and the van 8)

but the thing is, if I get disappointed, Hanana is going down! and i dont even know (or care) if Hanana is boy or girl :D

it's a 720p video, though.
so is dead rising 3! WUZAAAAAAAA! :D

I did a complete media blackout of Prague post-E3 so i'm looking forward to getting on it and seeing if the cobbled roads are reflected in the impulse triggers.

I did a complete media blackout of Prague post-E3 so i'm looking forward to getting on it and seeing if the cobbled roads are reflected in the impulse triggers.

I think a lot of us were pretty sick of seeing Prague, (and little else), for much of the summer, but yeah, now that the game is almost here, I can't wait to drive it either. The layout looks interesting, with a nice mix of corners, and it's quite lovely to behold.

Tokyo and Rio were great street courses in FM1, so here's to hoping that Prague will live up to that standard.

Here screencaps about new passes
http://sdrv.ms/185CCIX

Great find. Expansion pass= track pass, I take it?

faberpach

So three expansions hope it is something more than just three new tracks.

Is good to know that they will be working on the game new content means they might get development time to fix issues that might be on launch.

like that.

also $$$ take it all.

G Rom

If the car pass is already 50€, I shudder to think what the full pass will cost...
I wonder what those three expansion packs could be as in FH it meant a whole new mode and a bunch of cars.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I guess the expansion pass was meant to be the good news?

3 of them! seriously better have 2-3 tracks per pack. we *know nurb, pacific raceways, monza, and long beach are coming, so that indicates its at least more then 1 per pack (thank god). plus, there are quite a few classic forza tracks absent presently that need to return (maple valley, positano, fujimi, etc) and even a few no brainers real-world tracks (hockenhiem, infineon, suzuka, etc). these packs may be LOADED.

p3tran

Banned
Here screencaps about new passes
http://sdrv.ms/185CCIX

bravo Fistexe for the find!

so, just like I predicted.....

are by any chance the prices for the super pass (and the expansion pass) up?

edit:
op_ivy, I hate to bring you back to earth, but three "expansions" mean three tracks. and one of them is the ring.
the other most probably are (I'm guessing here) whatever we saw on smartgeometrics that are not present yet.

edit 2:
helios/badned, can I please have some clarification about the super pass?
I'm gonna by buying stuff the minute I receive my console, it would be nice to know a little beforehand to plan ahead, because as you know us guys in tier 129 countries cannot attach a credit card to xbone, unless we happen to keep an extra house open on uk or us.. ;)

spoonman

Banned
Only thing that is missing is the Xbox One Day One Edition, Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel and of course Forza 5...

ezo8zR6.jpg

Very nice setup man! :)

I'd be a little worried to keep my console on the sub woofer though with the magnets and all the WUB WUB, it may make your hard drive sad.

shandy706

i thought they'd get rid of those awful shadows with this new generation of consoles.

fucking hate it in gran turismo.

Are you talking about the solid shadow that stays under cars separate from the dynamic shadow the car casts?

Those are there in real life...even in 99% of overcast situations. Why would you take that out when it's there in reality?

op_ivy

bravo Fistexe for the find!

so, just like I predicted.....

are by any chance the prices for the super pass (and the expansion pass) up?

edit:
op_ivy, I hate to bring you back to earth, but three "expansions" mean three tracks. and one of them is the ring.
the other most probably are (I'm guessing here) whatever we saw on smartgeometrics that are not present yet.

i think you are wrong. i hope you are wrong. i'd imagine the pass will go for the same as the car one, $50. no way thats appropriate for 3 tracks.

3 of them! seriously better have 2-3 tracks per pack. we *know nurb, pacific raceways, monza, and long beach are coming, so that indicates its at least more then 1 per pack (thank god). plus, there are quite a few classic forza tracks absent presently that need to return (maple valley, positano, fujimi, etc) and even a few no brainers real-world tracks (hockenhiem, infineon, suzuka, etc). these packs may be LOADED.

1.) Nurburgring?
2.) F1 classics - Monza/Longbeach?
3.) Fantasy classics?

op_ivy

Are you talking about the solid shadow that stays under cars separate from the dynamic shadow the car casts?

Those are there in real life...even in 99% of overcast situations. Why would you take that out when it's there in reality?

yeah, the shaow blob complaints i find as funny as people complaining about reflective roads or bright suns.

bud

no, i'm talking about the cockpit shadows.

Top Bottom