• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Protection money came through, so we left you alone. We'll need more money to insure a smooth race next weekend.

funny-picture-canada-mafia-polite.jpg

And which one of you was talking about their vast amount of maple syrup?

mafia.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmm

You guys are too awesome. I need to get Titanfall just so I can play online with you guys after the races.

So I did a couple of laps for the TT and here are my results:
Road America West Alt - 1:27.091
FUCKIN SILVERSTONE BULLSHIT - 2:16.205

I seriously hate that goddam track. Such stupid bullshit...

zorbsie

Finally finished the career mode. Didn't do all the bonus races, just enough to get the achievement. Not that I care about those things...

Mascot

Still don't have the Xbox One huh?

Geez mate, jump in already!

Mate, as soon as The Fanatec Solution is realised, I'm in!

Seriously though, I've just put new floors down in the house and am about to have new windows fitted throughout so non-essential expenditure has taken a bit of a back seat. And with summer on the way I tend to be out mountain biking or playing golf rather than gaming, so waiting until the end of the year (and further price drops) seems sensible. FM4, GT5 and Shift 2 are still keeping me entertained as well. All those tracks, and Fanatec-friendly too..!
:p

Speaking of tracks, you guys might appreciate this little video with the imminent (?) release of Nordschleife DLC:

How to tackle the Nurburgring Nordschleife

I want to sell my Fanatec gear but I don't want to do the legwork to find a buyer.

#FORZAPROBLEMS

Try Inside Sim Racing.

Mate, as soon as The Fanatec Solution is realised, I'm in!

Speaking of tracks, you guys might appreciate this little video with the imminent (?) release of Nordschleife DLC:

How to tackle the Nurburgring Nordschleife

If T10 are sitting on a bunch of tracks I doubt we'll see them in F5.

Maybe they intend to release a content heavy F6 rather than face another backlash.

You underestimate the power of my laziness.

Keep it for old Forzas.

I haven't wanted to replay them without a wheel but would for sure if I'd kept one.

BTW does any know if the overcast lighting is a post processed effect? Had a few heavy crashes on the TGTT where the lighting bugged out and the circuit brightened up.

Keep it for old Forzas.

I haven't wanted to replay them without a wheel but would for sure if I'd kept one.

BTW does any know if the overcast lighting is a post processed effect? Had a few heavy crashes on the TGTT where the lighting bugged out and the circuit brightened up.

My apartment cant deal with another wheel setup.

Seriously dude, your pics are just so goddam ridiculous. You should stream your photography session sometime so we can get a feel for how you make such incredible shots.

Been playing with the idea of making the Caterham AWD just for shits and giggles. The thing is just insanely squirrely normally, so I am curious how much it would lose with the AWD setup. Might try to run some laps with it and see if it is worth it. Mainly because I am willing to bet money that Sundays race will come down entirely to consistency. These cars are all a bit twitchy and crazy and if you put even one tire in the grass then you are out. I wonder if having a slower, but more stable AWD car would actually be the winning play...

zorbsie

Hey guys, Spades/Block Mate got banned but wanted me to pass on the word that the baby arrived yesterday. Obviously he won't make it to the weekend races. Just wanted to send a big congrats over to him and his new bundle of joy. Don't worry dude you'll play games again, in 18 years. :)

My first stab at the Road America Track: 1:31.289 in the KTM. Had my one year old crawling all over me at the time so I didn't get a chance to try Silverstone.

EDIT: Sans child climbing I got it down to 1:29.157 on Road America and 2:17.052 on Silverstone. I guess I'll be enjoying the races on Sunday from the back :)

Snubbers

Man that last P1 shot is flipping photo-quality!!! Awesome!!!

I'm not really a weekly contender in GAF league, but I did put in a couple of evenings with a nice A700 tune or two..

RA West Alt - 01:21.469
Silverstone GP - 2:05.161

That's using EMW Paul's A700 tune

zorbsie

I'm taking my daughter to a greek parade tomorrow. Can we push the races back an hour? 3pm Eastern. Does that work for you Crude? for those banned just let me know over live.

So races will be:
t1395604800z1.png

I hope I did that right.

zorbsie

Still at parade, freezing by balls off. Hopefully I will be back before 3. Its going to be close.

Edit: Not making it. Should have known better. Start without me fellas.

Top Bottom