• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Just watched the RA replay

Thank shortt for the first turn

and Crude in America this isn't considered a straight line

Pro Tip

76053_curve_7_lg.gif

zorbsie

Even though I missed the main races, I'm glad I got some races in with you fellas. Does anyone have the standings? Or saved replays they can share with me for the standings. Also if you have a Time Trial time for the two races PM the times to me so I can add them in.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Even though I missed the main races, I'm glad I got some races in with you fellas. Does anyone have the standings? Or saved replays they can share with me for the standings. Also if you have a Time Trial time for the two races PM the times to me so I can add them in.

I'll try to get my times to you in a bit.

Crude in America this isn't considered a straight line

It is on a curved surface, like the Earth.

Race #1, 8 laps at Road America, west alt:
  1. BIGT468
  2. SCRONE
  3. Shortt Sirket
  4. SCHUEY F1
  5. P3tRaN
  6. SoundScream13
  7. CrudeDiatribe

Race #2, 5 laps at Silverstone GP:
  1. P3tRaN
  2. SCRONE
  3. BIGT468
  4. Shortt Sirket
  5. SCHUEY F1
  6. CrudeDiatribe
  7. SoundScream13

zorbsie

league_week12zcjgk.png

Welcome to the gun show

OK fellas week 12 restrictions (Soundscream's suggestion) C class American Muscle.
Here are the Available cars.
Max Class: C500
1971 AMC Javelin-AMX

1960 Chevrolet Corvette
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 409 - DLC
1966 Chevrolet Nova SS - DLC
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe
1969 Chevrolet Nova SS 396
1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427
1970 Chevrolet El Camino SS 454
1970 Chevrolet Corvette Z(ed)R-1
1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z(ed)28
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS-454

1969 Doge Charger R/T - DLC
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T

1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe - DLC
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - DLC

1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator

1968 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442

1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 HEMI

1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge

For the tracks we'll be heading to sunny Florida for 7 laps of Sebring Short and then off to the racing crown jewel of Abu Dhabi, Yas Marina North - Alt for 8 laps. Laguna Seca for 5 laps.

If the lengths are crazy long/short or you totally hate the tracks let me know and I'll switch them up.

Time trials are same cars same tracks. Post your work in progress time here but PM me your final times so I can add you to the standings.

Speaking of standings. Here are the updated standings for both Weekend League and Time Trials.

Weekend League Leaderboard:
P3tran 329
BIGT468 245
CrudeDiatribe 236
dead poul 178
Scr0ne 177
SoundScream13 167
Schuey F1 153
Zorbs 150
Block Mate 144
Sp4ceman Sp1ff 123
Shortt Sirket 110
FrontierUK 28
Phleg01 23
Soggy Naan 19
Muerte X 14
Thundr 8
Munish Thiara 6
Sleep8 1

p3tran

Banned
good racing guys, as always

thats a lot of muscle for next week
and these things were build to last. maybe we should go full damage on the main event too 8)

I knew something was wrong when I put that list together. Of course it's no longer 70's muscle cars then. We'll call it classic American muscle.

I suggested 71 and earlier because after that the choices got kind of limited to a few types. The 60's is where it was really at 69-70 specifically.

zorbsie

I suggested 71 and earlier because after that the choices got kind of limited to a few types. The 60's is where it was really at 69-70 specifically.

Not in front of Forza right now, but I will change it up to reflect that. Would you rather 1960 - 1970 or 1960 - 1979? Let me know and I'll make the proper adjustments.

Devildoll

Ooo, muscle cars are probably my favorite type of car in Forza.
At least in the prior versions, i haven't dabbled that much with them in Forza 5.

A lot of options this week, i'm probably going to build something ridiculous.
I also just realized that the sorting options are shit in 5, year, class and make? ( Power of the cloud is still limited in terms of sorting complexity i guess. )

I need to know which one of these has the most ponies dammit!

frontieruk

Ooo, muscle cars are probably my favorite type of car in Forza.
At least in the prior versions, i haven't dabbled that much with them in Forza 5.

A lot of options this week, i'm probably going to build something ridiculous.
I also just realized that the sorting options are shit in 5, year, class and make? ( Power of the cloud is still limited in terms of sorting complexity i guess. )

I need to know which one of these has the most ponies dammit!

Chevelle and el Camino at 450 ponies

zorbsie

Just got this delivered today!

How do I get involved in the online shenanigans?
Take a look at this doc. Add people from there. If you want to send me your info I'll add you to the list. We race pretty much every Sunday at 2:00pm EST. Make sure you have a car that fits the restrictions for this week and come join the fun.

I might not have a Bone or FM5 so can't join in (Dan stiffed me with the signed freebie), but I sure do appreciate your race banners, Zorbsie. Very clean, very sharp, very punchy.

Are you a graphic designer by profession?

Thanks for the kinds words Mascot, yes I am actually. Although now I'm a professional dad, doing some freelance work when I can find it.

zorbsie

Hate to sound like a negative Nancy, but the Transit Super Sport Van is back? I know it's a fun ride to have. Put a free candy design on it and go into open lobbies for a laugh. But it's such a wasted slot. Mind you I want that Elise, bad.

p3tran

Banned
that ~430mb update I am currently downloading, does it have to do only with the april cars or is there anything more in it?

G Rom

Yes, they give you all the cars from DLC for free once now. This will please everyone who's been asking for this since DLC was introduced to FM.
Only works on the account which has downloaded the packs though as I've bought the season pass on my American account (normal one wouldn't work on US store) and I only see the "Free" on the VIP and LCE cars.

I'm pretty sure that they added back in this update the "house icon" when buying a car to show you which ones you owned as well.

zorbsie

I'm pretty sure that they added back in this update the "house icon" when buying a car to show you which ones you owned as well.

Awesome. I always hated that it wasn't there. Seemed like an oversight.

I feel like a broken record G Rom, but fantastic pics. If anything gets me to buy the car packs it's your pics. Just outstanding.

Devildoll, that video you posted. Volvo starting up and revving. hnngggggg.

HeliosT10

Yes, they give you all the cars from DLC for free once now. This will please everyone who's been asking for this since DLC was introduced to FM.
Only works on the account which has downloaded the packs though as I've bought the season pass on my American account (normal one wouldn't work on US store) and I only see the "Free" on the VIP and LCE cars.

Hey G Rom, check your PM's!

Sordid

Can't buy the April car pack itself yet :*( it's either £2.39(!) for individual cars or £39.99 for the car pass.

Edit: Of course it starts working as I type that!

G Rom

InsideSimRacing visited Turn 10 according to their FB page and they mention seeing the next DLC and that it's incredible. They say their article will be up on April 10th so not much long to wait to get info on this mysterious free DLC it seems.

Marco1

PLEASE fix the gold/chrome special paints names mix up!
Edit: nope, just updated and bought the car pack. Glitch still there FFS!

Top Bottom