• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Mascot

InsideSimRacing visited Turn 10 according to their FB page and they mention seeing the next DLC and that it's incredible. They say their article will be up on April 10th so not much long to wait to get info on this mysterious free DLC it seems.

Oh.
Em.
GEEEEE!

It's Fanatec support. HAS to be.

And all Forza legacy tracks. Plus new ones.

Nice to see they are fixing the mistakes from launch. Im not even talking about the economy.

The decision to limit the rental cars was stupid.

zorbsie

This is really cool news. I went and picked up every free car available to me. There was quite a few of them even though I don't have the season pass. Can't wait to find out what the free DLC is all about.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a free track added every couple of months. I'm sure it's not feasible money wise. But it would be cool to have. I would probably buy car packs to support the development of free track packs. But I'm sure the money they are making on car packs is small considering license fees for each car/brand.

WJD

Looks like I jumped in at the right time!

Tried playing full manual last night and holy fuck it was difficult. Started just slowly taking off my assists and learning as I go.

AI drivers are fucking dicks, too.

saladine1

Oh.
Em.
GEEEEE!

It's Fanatec support. HAS to be.

And all Forza legacy tracks. Plus new ones.

I would die if something was done about our Fanatecs.
I've gotten used to the controller the past months but what I would give to use a wheel with FM5.(outside of buying a whole new setup).

Oh, and it's great to see Mr Beard communicating with the fans.

By the way BADNED, what happened to my Aussie classics?
I offered you $20 for some information relating to said cars an you told me to hold onto it for later..............?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I would die if something was done about our Fanatecs.
I've gotten used to the controller the past months but what I would give to use a wheel with FM5.(outside of buying a whole new setup).

they seem to be working hard at removing the negativity surrounding fm5 one piece at a time. hopefully this is in the pipes (but i doubt it).

still, track dlc, especially free, is very nice

zorbsie

Starting the lobby in a couple minutes.

Crude, drink some water and get online. You'll feel better after knocking Soundscream off the road.

frontieruk

Surely it's illegal for p3tran to have a flying car? That's got to take it above the class rating?

Lol at Lewis Scrone in the mix up race just checking out.

zorbsie

Great races fellas. Next week something faster and more responsive. I'll post race results and standings later tonight. If you have Time Trial times PM them to me so I can add them in.

Devildoll

Good racing guys.
i've got the replays if anyone wants them.

Surely it's illegal for p3tran to have a flying car? That's got to take it above the class rating?

Yes, surely this isn't C class air.

ibbQu2HugBcoCL.png

p3tran

Banned
told ya I tune the cars to fly! 8)

good racing guys, lets make a practice session during the week

also got to get to shape for
NURBURGRING :D

fethebox

Neo Member
Hey guys, I just got the x1 Forza bundle and can't find the download code anywhere. Am I missing something?

I didn't know where else to post this and figured Neogaf would be the most reliable place to get an answer so apologies for being annoying.

Hey guys, I just got the x1 Forza bundle and can't find the download code anywhere. Am I missing something?

I didn't know where else to post this and figured Neogaf would be the most reliable place to get an answer so apologies for being annoying.

Double check every thing that was in the box its a small card

$_35.JPG

It somehow slid behind the styrofoam, thanks!

Also this game is sick, I'm not even into racing games like that and I'm having so much fun on this right now.

Better double check your enjoyment. I read on gaming side that this game is an abomination!

Who are you going to believe, GAF or your lying eyes?

For those that have spent some time with the Thrustmaster 458 wheel and Forza 5, how are you liking it? Are there any glaring issues? I'm giving up on Fanatec making my GT2 wheel compatible and considering selling the Fanatec setup and buying the 458. It is either that or continue to hold out for other offerings...

Any input would be appreciated.

For those that have spent some time with the Thrustmaster 458 wheel and Forza 5, how are you liking it? Are there any glaring issues? I'm giving up on Fanatec making my GT2 wheel compatible and considering selling the Fanatec setup and buying the 458. It is either that or continue to hold out for other offerings...

Any input would be appreciated.

Its wired which sucks

the stock wheel is a Little small

pedals are serviceable but a step down if you had a club sport set

No clutch pedal set or shifter announcement which is odd

But aside from that its a great wheel. I hear buying the GTE rim offers a big improvement

Force feedback is very strong.

The TX + F5 is a big step up from any previous Forza with a Fanatec, even the CSR Elite but yeah the stock rim is small, cheap and a weird shape.

After spending some time with the wheel it has become my favourite except for that humming sensation. Really like how detailed and strong the ffb can be but find certain cars, mainly the RWD stuff too light around the centre, no idea how realistic this is or isn't. Every car and even tuning setups feels unique through the ffb alone.

How many wires exactly? My fanatec gear requires a power connection, which is one wire. Does this wire to the system and an outlet for power?

Power connection, and a usb wire to the console. Also there is no power button, so it stays on if you leave your one in low power state. But it has a little dongle that connects to the usb plug, so I just unplug it when Im not using it.

p3tran

Banned
The TX + F5 is a big step up from any previous Forza with a Fanatec, even the CSR Elite but yeah the stock rim is small, cheap and a weird shape.

After spending some time with the wheel it has become my favourite except for that humming sensation. Really like how detailed and strong the ffb can be but find certain cars, mainly the RWD stuff too light around the centre, no idea how realistic this is or isn't. Every car and even tuning setups feels unique through the ffb alone.
I agree
I'll post it soon. My little one isn't giving me a minute to look up the cars. Its been one of those weeks.
no rush my friend. we know that in order to run your methodology of picking tracks/cars, it takes time :)

That sounds quite promising. Is there a way to utilize the free look feature in forza 5 with the TX wheel? More specifically, I mean looking to your right or left to see cars along side of you.

zorbsie

Quick question/poll
I know it's a little late for this but which of these two do you guys want to race this weekend?

Rally legends
A700
1985 Ford RS2000 Evolution
1982 Lancia 037 Stradale
1986 Lancia Delta S4
1984 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16
1980 Renault 5 Turbo

GT Racing
R900
2006 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
2009 BMW #92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2
2011 Chevrolet #4 Corvette Racing ZR1
2011 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F458 Italia
2013 Viper #91 SRT Motorsport GTS-R

We'll do one this week and the other next week. So don't worry, both will get done. I like the idea of rally racers. Although the Ford starts at A class and the Renault is a D class car. So some of those will have crazy upgrades. Not sure if that ruins it. Or we could just drop the Ford. Let me know either here or, if you're banned on live. I'll make banners for both and post the winner this afternoon.

zorbsie

Rally gets my vote; surely the Quattro should be on the list.

Not sure why it's not. I filtered by body family: Rally Legends. If I change it to Production Rally the Quattro is in. More than happy to include it if no one has objections.

While I'm here I should post the league standings.

P3tran 372
BIGT468 245
CrudeDiatribe 236
Scr0ne 220
SoundScream13 183
dead poul 178
Zorbs 177
Block Mate 164
Schuey F1 153
Shortt Sirket 137
Sp4ceman Sp1ff 123
FrontierUK 28
Phleg01 23
Soggy Naan 19
Muerte X 14
Thundr 8
Munish Thiara 6
Sleep8 1

frontieruk

Just gonna put a very dirty Bathurst time of 2.22.454 here with my horrredous Ford...

Scratch that I put a lap dirtier than Redman in to beat schueys 458 2.20.622

Christ you're quick coming down the hill Schuey.

Top Bottom