• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Whoa, it's really hard to keep up with G Rom's quality...another photo set then!

13569100364_cf6013beea_b.jpg

13568737385_5cbef41807_b.jpg

13568795173_22f1ca9981_b.jpg

13568736745_51b2aaa0dd_b.jpg

13568793243_9eb3d7ca12_b.jpg

13569097964_0894175ca0_b.jpg

13568734905_2cc4b93439_b.jpg

13568792113_d2710bba2b_b.jpg

13568739615_e2637283a7_b.jpg

13568733455_3d17ca348f_b.jpg

G Rom

Whoa, it's really hard to keep up with G Rom's quality...another photo set then!

Thanks, there are some great one in this last set of yours as well. :)

Might as well throw some new ones then :

mobile.337bvs40.jpg

mobile.338ipu4v.jpg

mobile.339vfu4v.jpg

mobile.340nhu2e.jpg

mobile.3419fu6s.jpg

mobile.342wluqp.jpg

mobile.343apuq6.jpg

Forzavista details continue to amaze me even after six months, it's just crazy and it begs to be photographed much closer...

mobile.34449u5j.jpg

mobile.345dtuv2.jpg

mobile.3467gu9r.jpg

mobile.347nmuwc.jpg

zorbsie

JorgePinto, G Rom - Great shots fellas! Nice to see some pics dropped in here from time to time.

How do you get the super close up shots G Rom?

G Rom

JorgePinto, G Rom - Great shots fellas! Nice to see some pics dropped in here from time to time.

Thanks. Those last ones aren't super close up, it's just that the Forzavista experience of the Holden allows to enter in the passenger side of the car. I wish the glitches that made super close up shots possible hadn't been fixed actually. Just like in FM4, there are tons of details that can only be seen from too far without glitches.

Thanks as well! As G Rom said, the old method has been fixed, you can enter the cockpit while racing, though, like in FM4, but...it's not the same.

p3tran

Banned
Just gonna put a very dirty Bathurst time of 2.22.454 here with my horrredous Ford...

Scratch that I put a lap dirtier than Redman in to beat schueys 458 2.20.622

Christ you're quick coming down the hill Schuey.
just test drove a 2:09 with a lancia 037
the car still needs some finetuning, but its already in top 300 times
I can upload the tune file if anybody wants to test

ps
fantastic pics guys! 8)

When glitching through the car to take photos of the interior is the dashboard LOD the same as the gameplay cockpit cam?

If so does the game switch models when in photo mode as I thought the view of the dash through the rear window in chase cam is simple in comparison.

I recall a glitch in GT5 where the drivers glove was all fucked up and protruded through the windscreen and up into the sky and you could see this from the interior and exterior cams which I guess showed no LOD change trickery.

frontieruk

just test drove a 2:09 with a lancia 037
the car still needs some finetuning, but its already in top 300 times
I can upload the tune file if anybody wants to test

ps
fantastic pics guys! 8)

I'll bite for the tune, just to see how bad my driving is knowing what it's capable of.

p3tran

Banned
search for "GAF" in the description field, or my gamertag in creator field
use TCS if not in mood to feather the throttle ;)

p3tran

Banned
I mean the way I like to tune is with emphasis on power. you try it and you tell me.. :)
I am 5 secs faster with this A class car than I am with the xbone holden v8 on the stig challenge haha

Fox Mulder

It's that time of the month again. New rewards are up.

Another 1.5 mil credits for Tier 6 players.

these can sit in the game until you redeem them right?

I don't have an xbone yet, but they stacked in horizon. I'll probably get one soon, I miss forza.

zorbsie

OK Lets make it official
league_week13masx8.png

Rally Legends
These should be a little more responsive than the American muscle racers. Here is a list of cars you can pick from.
Max Class A700
1983 Audi Sport quattro
1985 Ford RS2000 Evolution
1982 Lancia 037 Stradale
1986 Lancia Delta S4
1984 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16
1980 Renault 5 Turbo
Pretty sure that's all of them, if there are any more that fit the criteria of 80's rally car let me know and I'll add it.

For the tracks we'll be hitting Bathurst for 5 laps and following it up with Alps Festival Reverse for another 5 laps.

For anyone new to the thread, races start at 2pm eastern on Sunday. Everyone is welcome to join. I've never won a race but I've laughed my ass off every week, so don't be shy.

Time Trials
As usual same cars same tracks. Post work in progress time here, when you are happy with your time send me your final time as a PM before the Sunday races.

I'll say this in advance, no races next week. I'll be at pax east. We'll continue the races the week after with GT cars.

bkfount, I'm pretty sure they stack. Shortt Sirket did the samething and had a ton of credits/cars when he finally got an X1. You should be fine just keep redeeming those rewards.

With pCARS coming in November I wonder what effect it will have on Forza 6? sounds like it will offer a decent career mode plus day/night and weather.

Maybe it'll be another Shift and make no difference but should it be really good, 60fps and run at a decent resolution I'm gonna find it hard to get excited for the same old shit again.

Been playing f5 for a few weeks now and Im really enjoying the game but jeez I want to play nice clean races and just can't, its turning into destruction derby, can I do something, disable drivatars or anything?

With pCARS coming in November I wonder what effect it will have on Forza 6? sounds like it will offer a decent career mode plus day/night and weather.

Maybe it'll be another Shift and make no difference but should it be really good, 60fps and run at a decent resolution I'm gonna find it hard to get excited for the same old shit again.

If it handles like shift it wont make any.

Been playing f5 for a few weeks now and Im really enjoying the game but jeez I want to play nice clean races and just can't, its turning into destruction derby, can I do something, disable drivatars or anything?

Turn up the difficulty

Fox Mulder

I liked Shift, but didn't like the handling. Everything they make feels like it and I don't like it.

it still had a fun career mode and the meta objectives during races was a neat addition. They also had crazy shit like figure 8 racing and the cockpit view was great.

TJP

Surely they won't make that mistake again.
'They' didn't - EA shit the bed regarding the realistic handling SMS had in place, ordered a change hance the horrible handling. Anyone remember how screwed up NFS: Shift was on release? The Xbox 360 version was nearly unplayable thanks to horrible handling cars and terrible AI while the PS3 version shipped without damage being enabled! This is what happens when the publisher orders 'eleventh hour' changes to the physics. The April Fools joke from SMS is pCARS starting with the old EA 'It's in the game' video ;)

As you probably know, Ben Collins and Nic Hamilton are handling consultants on pCARS; I doubt SMS want to waste their time and SMS's (plus money) on getting feedback from these two and then settling for an arcade racer.

If SMS deliever on their promise of combining the best graphics (as noted this includes changing weather and time of day) with great physics and sound, a robust career and online mulitplayer then we all benefit irrespective of gaming platform. It'll mean everyone else developing racing sims will have to lift their respective efforts too to match pCARS.

p3tran

Banned
'They' didn't - EA shit the bed regarding the realistic handling SMS had in place, ordered a change hance the horrible handling. Anyone remember how screwed up NFS: Shift was on release? The Xbox 360 version was nearly unplayable thanks to horrible handling cars and terrible AI while the PS3 version shipped without damage being enabled! This is what happens when the publisher orders 'eleventh hour' changes to the physics. The April Fools joke from SMS is pCARS starting with the old EA 'It's in the game' video ;)

As you probably know, Ben Collins and Nic Hamilton are handling consultants on pCARS; I doubt SMS want to waste their time and SMS's (plus money) on getting feedback from these two and then settling for an arcade racer.

If SMS deliever on their promise of combining the best graphics (as noted this includes changing weather and time of day) with great physics and sound, a robust career and online mulitplayer then we all benefit irrespective of gaming platform. It'll mean everyone else developing racing sims will have to lift their respective efforts too to match pCARS.
was ferrari legends forced under the same situation? because handling and game in general was not very remarkable either. well, at least not enough to bring assumptions in the forza thread that MAYBE a new game will do everything forza does plus more, and do it equally good or better too..
I am all in for great surprises, but I wanna see the receipts first :)

TJP

was ferrari legends forced under the same situation? because handling and game in general was not very remarkable either. well, at least not enough to bring assumptions in the forza thread that MAYBE a new game will do everything forza does plus more, and do it equally good or better too.
Clearly you aren't a pCARS member as Ian Bell has stated a zillion times that TD: FRL was made as 'Test Drive' game which means arcade-esc handling which is what Atari wanted. Ian also said RD: FRL was a 7/10 game...how many other developers say such things?

You also ignored my comments about the two physics consultants but hey ho I must have an ulterior motive..

...I come into this thread to admire the sceenshots. For the record I do own every Forza game (3 & 4 are LE vesions) bar FM5 as I'm not interested in the Xbox One and I was a regular contributor on Forzacentral so I really hate the FM series.

Clearly you aren't a pCARS member as Ian Bell has stated a zillion times that TD: FRL was made as 'Test Drive' game which means arcade-esc handling which is what Atari wanted. Ian also said RD: FRL was a 7/10 game...how many other developers say such things?

You also ignored my comments about the two physics consultants but hey ho I must have an ulterior motive..

...I come into this thread to admire the sceenshots. For the record I do own every Forza game (3 & 4 are LE vesions) bar FM5 as I'm not interested in the Xbox One and I was a regular contributor on Forzacentral so I really hate the FM series.

When it comes to this game I will take every opinion with a grain of salt. The bolded seems to be the majority opinion about the games handling. Yet GAFs very own wheel guru amar loved the handling and even said:

With all above tracks, pitstops and changeable conditions, FRL would instantly become the second best driving game of this generation, period.

So even having not yet played pcars I will not blindly accept oppinions on the matter when it comes to the feel of the handling.

What concerns me about pCars (and I've been a member since early on) is not the physics at all. Like Shift I have concerns about the linkage between the physics and the controller. pCars obviously has a long way to go yet in development but I am sceptical that no matter how good the physics - the actual controller feel will be as enjoyable as Forza.

Seanspeed

Banned
What concerns me about pCars (and I've been a member since early on) is not the physics at all. Like Shift I have concerns about the linkage between the physics and the controller. pCars obviously has a long way to go yet in development but I am sceptical that no matter how good the physics - the actual controller feel will be as enjoyable as Forza.
That's definitely something no other sim-style game does as good as Forza and a big part of what makes it great.

Another thing that I doubt PCars will have is the car customization of Forza. That's pretty huge for me.

And PCars is set to have, what, 100 cars, I think? Not a bad number by any means, but I'm sure Forza 6 is gonna have many times that amount.

Jube3

I finally went back to this and decided to finish it up. I'm still tweaking the stars and the gradient on the surfer. I also need to go back and finish the board on the front bumper so it does not just cut off. The car paint base is chrome and I masked out the silver surfer so that he is nice and shiny.
13622005914_4da95fe102_h.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Big News Next Week
One final bit before I sign off for the week: we’ve still got a big announcement ahead of us! As you know, if you read our recently posted open letter from Dan Greenawalt to the Forza community, we’re going to soon be announcing a new free add-on for Forza Motorsport 5. I can’t tell you what it will or, alas, give any hints, but I can echo Dan’s comments in the open letter and say that I believe it will be worth the wait. More next week! Until then, have a great weekend!

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_4_4_14

itshappening.gif

Top Bottom