• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Spades

Since the World Cup Final is on Sunday at 3, what are the plans? Because there is no way I can miss that.

Yeah I was actually going to say that we'll be starting at 14:00 on the dot, so please make sure you're on early if possible. We won't be waiting for people this week I'm afraid. Normally I don't mind doing so, but it's not every weekend there is a World Cup final!

frontieruk

I'm free the rest of tonight. I'm in EST.

Tomorrow (you have no idea how many times i had to retype this word....baked, man) probably not at all. Friday, after 3pm EST. Saturday 8am EST through 3pm....

What's good for you?

Saturday is the one, as it's the middle of the afternoon for me your call ;)

How long is the race? May have to miss it to take my partner to the airport. Also probably out the next week due to work (and for sure out the two following weeks for vacation).

This might not be popular, but do we want to move this race to next week? We could still meet up for some fun races, but it sounds like we will have 4 or more people gone this week. Plus with the World Cup, we are going to be very pressed for time.

Do we want to take a one week break and come back next week, or just suck it up and do it this week?

If you cant make it you cant make it............................the race will go on!

and shortt the U.S. lost you don't have to feign interest for that foreign sport anymore.

frontieruk

If you cant make it you cant make it............................the race will go on!

and shortt the U.S. lost you don't have to feign interest for that foreign sport anymore.

Hey we feign interest in the American Rugby super 9 hours long bowl every year, you could at least feign interest for two weeks every four years ;)

Hey we feign interest in the American Rugby super 9 hours long bowl every year, you could at least feign interest for two weeks every four years ;)

But he is allegedly American

5869025736_a9d0222a18_z.jpg

He's on notice!

But he is allegedly American

5869025736_a9d0222a18_z.jpg

He's on notice!

Haha, I actually really dig soccer. I was really thinking NED was going to win it all, so I was annoyed they went out like they did. At least we get to watch GER vs Messi for the final!

Spades

This might not be popular, but do we want to move this race to next week? We could still meet up for some fun races, but it sounds like we will have 4 or more people gone this week. Plus with the World Cup, we are going to be very pressed for time.

Do we want to take a one week break and come back next week, or just suck it up and do it this week?

Yep, the show will go on! But we will be starting the warm-up race right on time and won't be hanging around, so please make sure you're online and waiting for an invite!

Jube3

Finished the Rocket Raccoon car on stream. I'm wiped, took forever to get it done but I did it in one sitting and yea time for some sleep. It's up for share on the 1983 GMC Vandura G-1500, search for gamertag: Ayo Jube. Star Lord is next after some sleep.

14663628753_233dbd7fa8_b.jpg

14620727066_53ac640392_b.jpg

14457107428_a3a65ab7fd_b.jpg

14457316357_8a7ec5cfcd_b.jpg

frontieruk

Finished the Rocket Raccoon car on stream. I'm wiped, took forever to get it done but I did it in one sitting and yea time for some sleep. It's up for share on the 1983 GMC Vandura G-1500, search for gamertag: Ayo Jube. Star Lord is next after some sleep.

Your talent is godly, thanks for the share!

Spades

Good fucking God. Incredible.

p3tran

Banned
Starting to head home. If traffic isn't too bad should be there for the race.

thats good. you can always go a bit over the silly limits if you see you are falling behind :p

so, in how many hours is our race? 2 and a half?

ps.
I am gona do a tune for jube's sexy van.

Holy shit man, that is incredible! It's insane how talented you are at this.

frontieruk

I'm so so sorry short! Bad choice on my part, the right view didn't show you the second time and the first I'd committed to the move just before you said you were there :(

I'm so so sorry short! Bad choice on my part, the right view didn't show you the second time and the first I'd committed to the move just before you said you were there :(

It's all good man, it's all part of the experience. Had some fun battles trying to keep you behind me. You have gotten significantly better since even the beginning of this series.

frontieruk

It's all good man, it's all part of the experience. Had some fun battles trying to keep you behind me. You have gotten significantly better since even the beginning of this series.

I over ran a corner during the race as you said I was fast, I was to busy feeling chuffed to notice the corner LOL.

And I should say thanks to soundscream for trying to get out my way as I chasing short down the straight, I didn't have enough speed to get by so I had to get by later.

Spades

tumblr_n8o0ddwX9A1qiv7luo1_250.png

Results after round three, Silverstone.

Drivers
1 - SarBear / 32 (Joker)
2 - p3tran / 19
3 - Devildoll / 18 (Joker)
4 - BIGT468 / 13 (Joker)
5 - Spades / 9
6 - EBreda / 8
=7 - Shortt Sirket / 5
=7 - Cushen / 5
9 - frontieruk / 4 (Joker)
=10 - zorbsie / 1
=10 - Flying Toaster / 1
---
CrudeDiatribe / 0
soundscream / 0
Cyros / 0
RWB993 / 0

Team
1 - DP Ninjas / 42 (Joker)
2 - Shake N Bake / 39 (Joker)
3 - Team 7 / 27
4 - Mediocre Motorsport / 17
=5 - Maple Syrp / 7
=5 - WestJet Racing / 7
---
MustangsR4LOSERS / 0

Remember your worst race result is excluded from the Drivers championship but not the Team championship. Fastest lap points also do not count towards the Team championship.

Next week's race is at Road America.
t1405879200z1.png

Hope you guys are still enjoying the series!

frontieruk

Drivers
1 - SarBear / 22
2 - p3tran / 19
4 - BIGT468 / 13 (Joker)
5 - Spades / 9
6 - EBreda / 8
=7 - Shortt Sirket / 5
=7 - Cushen / 5
9 - frontieruk / 2
=10 - zorbsie / 1
=10 - Flying Toaster / 1
---
CrudeDiatribe / 0
soundscream / 0
Cyros / 0
RWB993 / 0

Team
1 - Shake N Bake / 39 (Joker)
2 - DP Ninjas / 30
3 - Team 7 / 27
=5 - Maple Syrp / 7
=5 - WestJet Racing / 7
---
MustangsR4LOSERS / 0

Remember your worst race result is excluded from the Drivers championship but not the Team championship. Fastest lap points also do not count towards the Team championship.

t1405879200z1.png

Hope you guys are still enjoying the series!

Hey that was our joker too we listed it on the spreadsheet :(

Fuck it's not there :(

Devildoll

This is how i hold the N64 controller.

iEqNhZw.png

Reason being that my left hand is useless, and i wouldn't trust it with something as important as aiming.
I play all games on N64 with that grip, works great even in smash bros.
Funny that i have no problem using my left thumb to steer in Forza now actually.

Regarding raging and breaking peripherals, I wrote this earlier in the thread, but here is a picture of the aftermath.

NS5hn.jpg

frontieruk

This is how i hold the N64 controller.

iEqNhZw.png

Reason being that my left hand is useless, and i wouldn't trust it with something as important as aiming.
I play all games on N64 with that grip, works great even in smash bros.
Funny that i have no problem using my left thumb to steer in Forza now actually.

Regarding raging and breaking peripherals, I wrote this earlier in the thread, but here is a picture of the aftermath.

NS5hn.jpg

I was going to tell the tale of my mates SNES regarding game rage...

Spades

Team 7 and MustangsR4LOSERS have not yet declared a Joker. If not declared, your joker will be played in the last race by default.

Updated standings:

Drivers
1 - SarBear / 32 (Joker)
2 - p3tran / 19
4 - BIGT468 / 13 (Joker)
5 - Spades / 9
6 - EBreda / 8
=7 - Shortt Sirket / 5
=7 - Cushen / 5
9 - frontieruk / 4 (Joker)
=10 - zorbsie / 1
=10 - Flying Toaster / 1
---
CrudeDiatribe / 0
soundscream / 0
Cyros / 0
RWB993 / 0

Team
1 - DP Ninjas / 42 (Joker)
2 - Shake N Bake / 39 (Joker)
3 - Team 7 / 27
=5 - Maple Syrp / 7
=5 - WestJet Racing / 7
---
MustangsR4LOSERS / 0

t1405879200z1.png

G Rom

Some recent photos I've taken :

mobile.515ifrh6.jpg

mobile.516yjknc.jpg

mobile.517ckkga.jpg

mobile.518fnc52.jpg

mobile.519khkcc.jpg

mobile.520qujug.jpg

mobile.52144kze.jpg

mobile.522kzkp9.jpg

mobile.523d5jrv.jpg

I want to save enough money to get the Auto Union but I keep buying some expensive cars to run them around the Nordschleife ! :D

G Rom

Yeah but I bought the season pass with an account which isn't my main one (to buy the pass on the US store for much much less) so my main account doesn't get the free cars. If car gifting was still a thing it wouldn't be an issue but until then, I have to buy the DLC cars the "old way".

Top Bottom