• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 goes gold - Demo available Sept. 1

The latest mile marker on the road to Forza Motorsport 6’s launch has arrived: We’ve gone gold! In two weeks, Forza Motorsport 6 will be available to play via early access for owners of the Ultimate Edition [LINK]. Five days later, Forza 6 will be unleashed to everyone! Before the full game launches, however, fans will have the chance to experience the thrills of Forza Motorsport 6 in the official free demo for the game, which launches on September 1.

The Forza Motorsport 6 demo will let players experience the most beautiful and comprehensive racing game of this generation, named “Best Racing Game” and “Best Simulation Game” of gamescom 2015. The demo features a selection of the 450+ Forzavista cars available in the full version, all with working cockpits and full damage. You’ll experience highlights from the game’s 26 world-famous locales, including wet weather and night racing, all at a stunning 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second.

Everyone who plays the Forza Motorsport 6 demo will automatically get the new Ford GT delivered to their garage in Forza Motorsport 6 for no additional cost. In addition, the demo will include additional features that allow fans to get even deeper into the Forza Motorsport 6 experience. Look for more details on that when the demo launches on September 1!

More images and full car list here: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_gone_gold

ccc91e26-40be-4dc5-a2f6-2a31e91f1fda.jpg

c15925c7-3775-4555-84e4-940a85d76564.jpg

fe9bdfd0-b623-4a34-83e0-33033e50af1e.jpg

af594c56-a223-4223-9fc6-02630a80d7cd.jpg

dugdug

Banned
Nice that they're putting out a demo. I'm on the fence with this game, so, that should help make my decision.

HeliosT10

New cars revealed today:

c15925c7-3775-4555-84e4-940a85d76564.jpg

· 2015 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S
· 1979 BMW #6 BMW Motorsport M1 Procar
· 2015 Volvo S60 Polestar
· 2014 Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS ultra
· 2014 BMW #5 Ebay Motors 125i M Sport
· 2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
· 2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT
· 1976 Lotus #5 Team Lotus 77
· 1969 Lola #10 Simoniz Special T163
· 2014 Ferrari California T

Holy shit those textures.

af594c56-a223-4223-9fc6-02630a80d7cd.jpg

Still hard to believe it's going to look like that and remain a locked 60fps. Turn 10 are doing some incredible work.

GHG

Good.

I'm not day 1 with this like I thought I would be but it'll be good to check it out while I wait on details of how the career mode is structured etc.

dedhead54

YES. I may pass on the demo since I just got in to DriveClub on PS4, and just wait for the actual release. I haven't played FM since FM4. I'm excited.

SCB3

It's a day one purchase for me, its one of my go to podcast listening games (the other is FIFA, well PES this year)

Mascot

I'm sure Microsoft and turn 10 are smart enough to include rain and night races in the demo....right?

Yes. Confirmed already. It's in the OP.

You’ll experience highlights from the game’s 26 world-famous locales, including wet weather and night racing, all at a stunning 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second.

farisr

I'll just post what I said in the other one.

"Great to see a demo coming out. I have the game preordered for cheap (30% off), but I was thinking about possibly cancelling since I don't have enough time to play. But it's been a while since I played a sim, so the demo may convince me otherwise."

Azzawon

Glad there's a demo! This is awesome news, and it's good to see another BTCC car has made its way into the lineup!

U2NUMB

Love that they are gonna have a demo. I have always loved and supported every Forza game... this might be the first one I buy the ultimate edition for. Never have bought the car pass before but that combined with VIP and a week early ... shit I think they have me.

Seems like solid value so I do not feel bad.

Azzawon

This picture confirms one of my suspicions. Looks like T10 have modelled both Chevy and Honda aero kits for the IndyCar roster! I'm presuming that means the corresponding oval kits will be available too. (Bottom row for those wondering)

bedda02d-a53d-431b-a96e-347f3207318c.jpg

I need to see the Lotus E23 in action!

Bessy67

Nice to see a demo. I'm more of a horizon fan and not all that into mainline forza, but maybe the demo will sway me.

Tarahiro

Really happy there will be a demo :) I can't afford to buy the game until December (going to get it as a Christmas present to myself) so demo will be awesome :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Omg, dat AMG GT S!
And Nordschleife at night! Hnggggg.

Cannot wait, it all looks so amazing.

Top Bottom