• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 E3 4K Trailer (XB1/PC)

Mascot

I need more details on this more motorsports orientated campaign.

If the typical race weekend structure of practise/quali/race isn't there at least as an option this time around then seriously: who the fuck is running Turn 10 and do they have the first idea about motorsport?

skyfinch

Might be a silly thing to say but I like the look of the ign video. Less saturated and has that off screen capture look that always seems to look more realistic.

Also wonder how old this build is.
I notice in the b-roll footage that the cables dont move and rattle in the cockpit view.
Then in the actual trailer, during the scene with the cockpit, things are rattling around but the wipers are not clearing the water away from the windshield.

JoeLT

If the typical race weekend structure of practise/quali/race isn't there at least as an option this time around then seriously: who the fuck is running Turn 10 and do they have the first idea about motorsport?
I don't know if I'm the only one I dunno if I'm the only one, but I would LOVE a campaign like in FIFA 17 with cutscenes, set pieces and all. Pls Turn 10, I'm a sucker for these things and never finish the career in Forza games despite I keep buying them haha.

danowat

Banned

"We" aren't T10's core demographic, it's probably about time "we" just accept that.

Mascot

"We" aren't T10's core demographic, it's probably about time "we" just accept that.

True, but that's why I deliberately said 'at least as an option'. Have it hidden in a 'hardcore' mode if Dan's that scared of alienating the millennial dollar. Either that or remove the fucking word 'Motorsport' from the game and be done with it.

danowat

Banned
True, but that's why I deliberately said 'at least as an option'. Have it hidden in a 'hardcore' mode if Dan's that scared of alienating the millennial dollar. Either that or remove the fucking word 'Motorsport' from the game and be done with it.

Let's be honest, it's hasn't really ever been motorsport orientated has it!

MilkyJoe

FluidDismalBat.gif

InferiorDecisiveGoshawk.gif

AdvancedConventionalKomododragon.gif

That's the most realistic lightning i have seen so far.

Fox Mulder

Let's be honest, it's hasn't really ever been motorsport orientated has it!

Yeah. It's just not what T10 is interested in doing. I like F1 games because I get stuff like regulations and flags, proper AI, race strategy, a good career mode. Forza doesn't give any of this.

I like the focus of Pcars, but was turned off by all the flaws. I'll wait to see how the second is.

Photogrammetry is nothing but a buzzword for "we are modeling the terrain and putting photo textures on top of it". Which is how it has always been done.

Dude...

You aren't going to help you case if you just spout complete nonsense. Putting aside the fact that anyone who actually knows how to utilize Photogrammetry knows how naive you sound, anyone with a pair of eyes who has played Battlefront, Battlefield 1, or any game that uses Photgrammetry well, knows how much of a remarkable visual difference it makes.

Like, you're not going to try arguing that parallax mapping and tessellation are buzzwords next, are you?

saladine1

Ok first off, looks fucking incredible.
Secondly, sounds fucking insane!
More than that though, if I'm not mistaken, it seems to me that for the first time in Forza, Driveline Flex is simulated. If this is truly the case, then holy shit Turn 10!
Please Helios, can you confirm if this is true or is it just my imagination?

Mascot

More than that though, if I'm not mistaken, it seems to me that for the first time in Forza, Driveline Flex is simulated. If this is truly the case, then holy shit Turn 10!

I was getting concerned about you, Sal.

CALL OFF THE SEARCH!

Lima

Driveline flex 🤔

Hmmm yeah I know some of these words.

crespo

Neo Member
Whats driveline flex ? And why holy shit ? Im such a car noob :D

Basically, in any engine-powered vehicle, there's a bunch of joints and machinery delivering the power between the engine and the wheels, during which process the "flexing" of said parts means there's some power loss, some delay between the pedal input and power delivery, etc. There is never a true 1:1 delivery of the power the engine makes to the wheels because of all the machinery in the way.

[I'm assuming] the "flex" invoked here refers to the power that's lost in the process, among other things. I'm a semi-retired gearhead and that's the only thing that occurs to me.

Can't be bothered searching for the racing wheels thread, need advice for a wheel stand.

GT Omega or Wheelstand Pro? Leaning towards the GT Omega stand as the single post seems like it could be a bit flimsy.

Or is there something else that I should be looking at?

crespo

Neo Member
Can't be bothered searching for the racing wheels thread, need advice for a wheel stand.

GT Omega or Wheelstand Pro? Leaning towards the GT Omega stand as the single post seems like it could be a bit flimsy.

Or is there something else that I should be looking at?

I used to have the Fanatec wheel stand (single post) that was quite sturdy, and very easy to manoeuvre. I can vouch for it (though I don't know how price compares...).

MaLDo

Dude...

You aren't going to help you case if you just spout complete nonsense. Putting aside the fact that anyone who actually knows how to utilize Photogrammetry knows how naive you sound, anyone with a pair of eyes who has played Battlefront, Battlefield 1, or any game that uses Photgrammetry well, knows how much of a remarkable visual difference it makes.

Like, you're not going to try arguing that parallax mapping and tessellation are buzzwords next, are you?

Please, don't forget Ghost of a Tale. Impressive.

G27 support on PC is the real game changer. This means I will buy the game on PC (I wouldn't have bought it for my X1 without wheel support)

Lom1lo

Basically, in any engine-powered vehicle, there's a bunch of joints and machinery delivering the power between the engine and the wheels, during which process the "flexing" of said parts means there's some power loss, some delay between the pedal input and power delivery, etc. There is never a true 1:1 delivery of the power the engine makes to the wheels because of all the machinery in the way.

[I'm assuming] the "flex" invoked here refers to the power that's lost in the process, among other things. I'm a semi-retired gearhead and that's the only thing that occurs to me.

Ah okay, thanks.

Hi Helios. Question: will the water droplets on the windshield and side windows streak? With everything else moving/vibrating the static droplets really stand out. Thank you.

saladine1

Whats driveline flex ? And why holy shit ? Im such a car noob :D

Here's a PC racing game that has some of the best recreations of audio in the business.
Raceroom does a tremendous job of capturing the sounds of the transmission/engine as it 'jolts' and 'wobbles' under acceleration or deceleration just like it does in real life.
Not many games at all actually simulate this phenomenon and it really adds a dimension of authenticity to the game.

https://youtu.be/6IviwLAmnD0?t=29

Granted, Forza 7 doesn't quite go to the length that raceroom does but it does seem that I can hear some 'wobbling' of the transmission especially at low rpm's on acceleration loads.

Well done!

Profanity

Here's a PC racing game that has some of the best recreations of audio in the business.
Raceroom does a tremendous job of capturing the sounds of the transmission/engine as it 'jolts' and 'wobbles' under acceleration or deceleration just like it does in real life.
Not many games at all actually simulate this phenomenon and it really adds a dimension of authenticity to the game.

https://youtu.be/6IviwLAmnD0?t=29

Granted, Forza 7 doesn't quite go to the length that raceroom does but it does seem that I can hear some 'wobbling' of the transmission especially at low rpm's on acceleration loads.

If you wanted total confirmation, here it is from the man himself.

- New campaign mode called the "Forza Drivers a Cup" geared towards authentic Motorsport
- Series points scoring
- Race length tools
- The campaign can be tailored to however you see fit
- Trophies and other rewards
- Real time weather systems with dynamic skies and cloud shadows

This is all good stuff. About damn time.
SjX4a05.gif

I know it's such a tiny detail, but I see they've finally fixed the wiper animations so that they don't wipe, pause, wipe, as if they're on a timed setting, but instead they keep continuously wiping.

Gestault

From what others understand, is the lighting the new dynamic cloud/atmospherics/shadow system, but not a full day/night cycle?

From what I have seen yeah, no confirmation of any dynamic ToD.

It's bound to be FM8's hook.

There's been a bit of a pattern with one big selling point and half a dozen additions. Dunno if the hardware or the team dictates what and when but we've had..

FM2 60fps
FM3 Cockpits
FM4 Autovista (or 16 players)
FM5 Open wheel
FM6 Rain/puddles or Night racing
FM7 Dynamic weather

I never expect more than one biggy so FM6 was a bit of a surprise.

willbsn13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xWjOnoSl8

Key talking points:

- How they came about the Porsche GT2 RS reveal, and kept it secret before E3.
What is the vision for Forza Motorsport 7? (Showcase of Xbox One X technology, adding more "humanity", competition, and "imperfection" to Forza)
- Forza Drivers Cup (Career): Series of championships, players have freedom to use whatever cars they like, set race lengths, unlock driver gear etc. Plus a "big surprise" once you complete it, something that's worth going back for again.
- VR: "We don't have a lot to announce about that right now"
- Custom Public Lobbies: In-game, no. Use Xbox features like Looking for Group etc.
- Gifting: "I don't know the answer to that, Bill might" (sounds like a No to me)
- Auction House: Yes
- Penalties: Doesn't sound like there are any in-game, Dan instead brings up Forza Racing Championship and Gfinity's adjudication of it.
- Marshals: Select community members with more power in lobbies.
- Spectating: New camera options.
- Off-Road racing: No
- Widebody kits: Yes, new kits confirmed as well
- Rims: New Motorsport Oriented Wheels confirmed
- "Forza Edition cars" (sounds like the Horizon Edition concept from Forza Horizon 3)
- PC version of livery editor supports mouse and keyboard.

willbsn13

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_e3_features

A tiny bit more info about the Campaign, Return of Showcase events also better Wheel Support

The answer is the Forza Driver’s Cup, our new campaign mode. We’ve reimagined our campaign to allow players to tailor their progression as they see fit. There are six major championships to compete in and each series features a huge variety of cars and classes to compete in, highlighting the massive car list that is a cornerstone of Forza 7. You can race NASCAR vehicles, trophy trucks, pre-war cars, American muscle, exotic supercars, JDM classics, the list goes on and on. Go where you want, race the cars you love; you’ve got the freedom to do what you want.

The Forza Driver’s Cup will also feature a motorsport-inspired scoring system which will let you rack up points per race and allow you to unlock new car and brand-new Driver Gear (more on that in a bit). We’re also bringing back Showcase Events, where some of the most exclusive reward cars will live. In fact, we’ve re-thought how we reward players. Car collecting is a key element to the Forza Motorsport series and, with Forza 7, we’re blowing that out in a big way. In essence, the more cars you collect, the greater your post-race rewards will be. You’ll have an in-game tier level in game that will progress as your collection grows and the higher your tier, the better the rewards you’ll earn. We’ll have more to say about our car collecting system at Gamescom.

So, as you can see, we’re rewarding players differently in Forza Motorsport 7; not just with how we’re rewarding them but with the rewards themselves. Naturally, there’s going to be credits to earn and cars to collect but, for the first time in the Forza Motorsport series, we’re bringing the driver our of the car and to the forefront with our new Driver Gear feature. Forza 7 will feature more than 300 Driver Gear sets to unlock in the game. Pick the Driver Gear that’s right for your driver and you’ll see him or her decked out in the pre- and post-race screens. It’s one more way we’re making Forza Motorsport 7 a personal experience.

Preceded by Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 7 is the third Forza game to be released on Windows 10 PCs. The team has worked incredibly hard to bring the legendary feel of Forza Motorsport and the leading customization options to Forza 7 on PC. That includes unprecedented accessory support. In fact, Forza Motorsport 7 will feature support for every fan-requested racing wheel on the market.

Gestault

Pleased at most of the details coming out. I know people have different feelings on this, but car collection is a pretty big part of my enjoyment of career modes (even knowing I only drive maybe 60 of these things). Photo mode and Forzavista make that its own reward. Them mentioning "blowing that out in a big way" is encouraging.

Kei-

Should I buy Horizon 3 on sale for $30, or wait for Forza 7? I don't want both, not for $90 anyway. If I get Horizon now, I won't get 7 at all or until a year or so from release

terrible

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xWjOnoSl8

Key talking points:

- How they came about the Porsche GT2 RS reveal, and kept it secret before E3.
What is the vision for Forza Motorsport 7? (Showcase of Xbox One X technology, adding more "humanity", competition, and "imperfection" to Forza)
- Forza Drivers Cup (Career): Series of championships, players have freedom to use whatever cars they like, set race lengths, unlock driver gear etc. Plus a "big surprise" once you complete it, something that's worth going back for again.
- VR: "We don't have a lot to announce about that right now"
- Custom Public Lobbies: In-game, no. Use Xbox features like Looking for Group etc.
- Gifting: "I don't know the answer to that, Bill might" (sounds like a No to me)
- Auction House: Yes
- Penalties: Doesn't sound like there are any in-game, Dan instead brings up Forza Racing Championship and Gfinity's adjudication of it.
- Marshals: Select community members with more power in lobbies.
- Spectating: New camera options.
- Off-Road racing: No
- Widebody kits: Yes, new kits confirmed as well
- Rims: New Motorsport Oriented Wheels confirmed
- "Forza Edition cars" (sounds like the Horizon Edition concept from Forza Horizon 3)
- PC version of livery editor supports mouse and keyboard.

LOL. Keep losing.

willbsn13

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-7-adjudication

Forza 7 to feature an penalty/adjudication system

Forza Motorsport 7 will implement an Adjudication System to discourage corner-cutting and crashing in online lobbies, developer Turn 10 Studios has announced. The news was shared by Forza Motorsport 7 Creative Director Bill Giese in a behind-closed-doors session of the game attended by AR12Gaming.

When asked about how Turn 10 plans to tackle the issues that plague online play in Forza Motorsport 6, Giese said the new Adjudication System in Forza Motorsport 7 will penalize players who cut corners, crash out other players, or do something else that could potentially give you an advantage or wouldn't be considered sportsmanship. These penalties will see the game ”take you down," Giese said, revealing that players who cheat or race unclean could face added time on to their final lap and race total, or have their result marked as ‘dirty' in Rivals.

These penalties won't apply to Campaign if the player desires, as Giese said racers shouldn't have to worry about that when relaxing in the Forza Driver's Cup – which is the Career system in Forza Motorsport 7. However, they will apply in Multiplayer, and more specifically, eSports. We didn't see the new Adjudication System in-action, so we're unsure of how it will work when put into action, but so far, it sounds extremely promising.

Fox Mulder

These punishments always sound nice until the trolls find a way to use then to their advantage.

Online is a shitshow, but I'll really love being pushed off track and penalized for corner cutting.

Top Bottom