• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 E3 4K Trailer (XB1/PC)

MauroNL

yansolo

Guess theres no point in picking up horizon now for the pc? Only thing that bugs me is that its on the windows 10 store, all I hear is that people have nothing but issues with it.

When John from Inside Sim Racing says that it feels like Forza 6, that's not a compliment.
There were considerable hopes in the racing community that Turn 10 would get the handling with a wheel and FFB up to standards, but seems to not be the case.
Also the assist options still only have TCS on/off and ABS on/off and no degrees, like even Gran Turismo now has.

My hopes are pretty shattered, FOV options won't make it in either, I can already tell (Mugello finishing straight looks atrocious with the FOV from that video, like it's 10 miles long)
Still gonna try the demo myself that Turn 10 usually puts out before release, but without better FFB and FOV options, I'm not getting this... After I spend about 420€ on Forza this-gen, I refuse to take this same backwards-ass thinkng and fan-request ignoring anymore. [I can't believe that pCARS2 is my last real hope this year]

gamz

Guess theres no point in picking up horizon now for the pc? Only thing that bugs me is that its on the windows 10 store, all I hear is that people have nothing but issues with it.

Judging by the thread they just had a huge update look a month ago and it seems to run great.

HeliosT10

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu o_O

Person: oh man Forza 7 looks redonculous!! That must be pushing the Xbox One X to the limits!!

Xbox One X: Hold my beer

1qs41i.jpg

Jrs3000

Insert "this isn't my final form pic". I can only imagine this looking even better when released. The desert race in 4k watching on my tv was surreal.

GHG

Gold Member
When John from Inside Sim Racing says that it feels like Forza 6, that's not a compliment.
There were considerable hopes in the racing community that Turn 10 would get the handling with a wheel and FFB up to standards, but seems to not be the case.
Also the assist options still only have TCS on/off and ABS on/off and no degrees, like even Gran Turismo now has.

My hopes are pretty shattered, FOV options won't make it in either, I can already tell (Mugello finishing straight looks atrocious with the FOV from that video, like it's 10 miles long)
Still gonna try the demo myself that Turn 10 usually puts out before release, but without better FFB and FOV options, I'm not getting this... After I spend about 420€ on Forza this-gen, I refuse to take this same backwards-ass thinkng and fan-request ignoring anymore. [I can't believe that pCARS2 is my last real hope this year]

I'm in full agreement with this. Forza for me, is now a good driving game but it's not a good simulator or Motorsport game.

I'll still be getting it though, just not day one and no fucking ultimate edition or car pack scam. No more.

Gestault

VVV confirmed in comments on one of their youtube vids that the dash-cam will be in the full release, it's not just for the show floor.

xuqOlZ5.gif

51PEGcW.gif

VVV confirmed in comments on one of their youtube vids that the dash-cam will be in the full release, it's not just for the show floor.

That was known since the 5min ring video. They cycled through all the camera angles, where it was only shown on the rig last year.

skyfinch

Lighting is very nice and the car sounds insane, especially in the tunnel.

Sense of speed seems to be improved also, not sure if that's because of the camera shakes.

Love the dash cam also.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
You think the lighting is a result of a lack of power?

That's the only reason not to go with realtime lighting. Baked lighting is more time consuming. Wow, Dubai looks like the most boring track to ever come to Forza. There's absolutely nothing that excites me about it. Could have driven on Jumeira, next to the tallest buildings in the world, but nope, 4 miles of desert, half a mile of plain tunnel is what we get.

is the latest logitech driving wheel worth it for this game? Never played a forza before; is it arcadey in its mechanics or more leaning towards sim?

Top Bottom